Forums / Norwich City
Order: Newest / Oldest
Norwich City V Chelsea, Dec 26
Imaginsolo (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Nord 6 no mikel, sunderland 3 no mikel, leeds 5 no mikel, aston villa 8 no mikel.... My conclusion mikel too slow and fail to initiate attack.... Lampard and luiz in the midfield is better.... Mikel can absorb pressure but does not attack with the ball.... I don't want to see him against everton
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Bro. Mikel is a Defensive Midfielder. He is a rock in defence, intercept passes and tackles opponents. So compare to goalscoring obviously there will be some effect come on wtf
I agreed with you on that.... Mikel makes too many short passes to mata, luiz and co.... As a mid you need to visualize the pitch and float the ball across the field to oscar or moses at the flank or even torres upfront. He needs to push the team forward by initiating an attack.... He waste too much time in mid making short passes.... Watch lamp and romeu they distribute the ball to the wings and that help us to attack our opponent
TheKeeper (Chelsea) 1 year ago
If what you're saying is true, then you could just say that Mikel is a more conservative defensive midfielder. Lineup choices depend on the type of game that you want to play
Whatever he maybe, he needs to build confidence to attack with the ball.... Push the team forward
Atrixer (Norwich City) 1 year ago
31 say Norwich were Rubbish....

Norwich deserved a point out of there today, Chelsea got lucky.

Wasn't quite the quality of football they had against Villa
Guidas (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Really? You had chances but they were not good chances at all. I remember you having 1 shot on target (just checked, yep 1). Just means we defended well. Heck, you defended well but we could have won 2-0 if not a good save from your keeper. Played well though
Yep, Norwich didn't take their chances well enough, that's why Chelsea were lucky. If it was a better team at finishing, Chelsea could have been upset.
Pukaki (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Not being able to finish is not "unlucky" its a lack of skill and composure. Being able to finish is not "lucky" its the ability to finish and the presence of composure
Tommygecko (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Stats are just stats, at the end of the day only the goals count.

I would only say a team was lucky if the officials made a wrong call favouring the winning team, because that is out of both teams' control
Mad93 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Admit it.... Norwich is just overrated.... They think they are goin to be the next newwcastle or sumthing.... Hope they get relegated...
Tomasmolan (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Mad93 your a f*****g idiot
.... Norwich are overrated? I barely see anyone talk about them, and most people see them as an easy win.

I don't see them as the "new Newcastle" - I see them as Norwich.

Do I think they are a great team? No. Do I think they will be a permanent/long term team in the premier league? No. Do I think they have the money to sustain for very long? Not a chance.... But they are the team I will always support. They have worked hard to get where they are today and nothing you can say can take that away. Without individual star power, they work as a team and hold a passion for football that most big players and teams seem to forget about.

Just because I don't support a big team that brings home lots of wins and trophy's, it doesn't somehow make my football experience any less.

To the result - I simply didn't think either team played well, and I thought Chelsea got off lucky due to the way the game played out, regardless of who they are playing.

Objectiveness is something football sorely misses, and I'd be surprised if you even knew the meaning of the word with your use of language
CapLampard (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Deserve is a big word. If you had a clear penalty kick decision disallowed or the goal we scored was somehow offside then your statement is valid but this is not the case. We scored a good goal and you didn't ergo we deserve the win. It was not an easy win and there was some occasion that Norwich had chances to score (Bassong's header was the closest chance imo) but then we also had several other chances to score but only to be saved by your goalie or missed
TheKeeper (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Relax guys, be objective. The way Norwich worked you could definitely say that they deserved more than they got from that game, but Chelsea managed to grind to the victory with the majority of possession, chances and ultimately goals
VorteC (Chelsea) 1 year ago
People always rip on Mikel but I watched him closely today and he plays the defensive midfield role very well. Holds the ball well, good dribbling and confident passing, and he shut down a lot of Norwich's attacks
I agreed with you on that.... Mikel makes too many short passes to mata, luiz and co.... As a mid you need to visualize the pitch and float the ball across the field to oscar or moses at the flank or even torres upfront. He needs to push the team forward by initiating an attack.... He waste too much time in mid making short passes.... Watch lamp and romeu they distribute the ball to the wings and that help us to attack our opponent
Trev11 (Canning City SC) 1 year ago
Lol @imaginsolo.... I enjoy watching west ham play also
Pukaki (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I disagree. He may have a good game now and then but when it comes to the big boys he can not do the job well at all. He concedes possession, gets caught in posession, has a lack of pace and a lack of work rate. He is a good CDM but that's it. Its hard filling in makelele's and essiens boots BUT when you play for a club like chelsea you'd expect players like mikel to be exceptional and in all honesty he is just average
Mik0lai (KS Widzew Lódz) 1 year ago
What? Only 1-0? I guess a win is still a win
DiSagnia (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I don't know if this is intended to disrespect Chelsea, Norwich or both? In any case, clearly you don't know what you're talking about and you may want to stick to Polish football when it comes to analysing football games.

Carrow Road is an extremely tough ground for any team. United lost there, Arsenal lost there and quite frankly I was just hoping for a draw so one can imagine my joy for getting all 3 points. Norwich will always fight to the end in front of their own fans. One team that has definitely earned the respect it deserves in the EPL.

Certainly does not deserve the comment you made.
Chill dude gees. Your comment about sticking to polish football is just as stupid as what he said
Estudiantes (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Agree ^ Guidas
Gankhet (Chelsea) 1 year ago
MikOlai apparently just copied what a reporter asked Benitez on the post-game interview
Mik0lai (KS Widzew Lódz) 1 year ago
Wow. I never expected to get such a vicious response to a sarcastic comment, I forget sometimes that people take this stuff so personally.

Whats funny is that my comment seems to have offended your intellect since your natural response was to immediately attack and ridicule football from my country of origin. Very mature. If you really were as smart as you claim to be, you would know my comment was satirical, not an analysis. It was barely a sentence so I don't know how you came up with that. Like the others said, calm down, put on your chelsea snuggie, drink a cup of tea, and watch what you say about poland you racist prick
DiSagnia (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Here are some better highlights, not the best of qualities but it's better than nothing.

Estudiantes (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Thanks bud, do you have similar highlights for united v newcastle.... It's not worthy just watching goals, doesn't do awesome match any justice
Chelseaking12 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Well done the kings of europe
Leroyhung1 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Chelsea had alot of chance, the only just scored 1...
Chil3 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Great job chelsea. Blues for life!
Longjohn (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Why not pass to toress!
Its chelsea football club not lets see if torres can score this week football club
Nguyenviet (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Mata's performance has been magnificent so far.... Chelsea should do well when they meet ManU again next year...
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Moses always looks so dangerous. He just needs to work on his finishing. He's done very well to make the first XI so frequently because many thought that he would just be a bench warmer. Keep it up Vic!
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Not the most exciting game. But I'm glad we got the 3 points. Didn't score as much like Villa game but Mata got a great goal and was happy. Hope we keep up the winning and scoring goals
Not exciting is because of mikel.... He makes too many short passes in the midfield thereby reducing the pace on the game.... We need someone like essien who can win the ball and initiate attack with the ball. Watch out games without mikel and you can tell the difference.... Is hard to believe but trust me
Agreed. I think Lampard will start against Everton
That will be my joy
Proffiy (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Please when you have striker like moses, oscar, torres, mata then you need somebody like mikel who control and hold your midfield by giving out short passes cos this boys upfront are just good upfront but their returning ability is questionable and that is where mikel is needed except you want mikel to be little selfish but I guess he is not
Good you mention these players, the issue is that mikel does not supply these guys with the ball rather he makes short passes to mata, luiz and cole.... He needs to watch those guys on the flanks.... Whenever he plays our attacking pace is slow.... Against everton I pray he does not play and you would see what I'm talking about...
DenisT (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Go mata!
Xapmx (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I think the real title race this year is between chelsea and manU. $hitty city are collapsing and will end up 3rd or 4th this year, and maybe even 5th if tot'ham and arsenal become more consistent.
Mancini will be sacked by the end of the year.
I love all teams who aren't $hitty city
Xapmx (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Especially if chelsea sign falcao
Goin for david villa
We'll see. The ammount of goals city have scored in the last min this season is incredible. We may be too far behind utd but we'll see
Chargui (Arsenal) 1 year ago
City can also become more consistent, they have the same team they had last year (totally deserved title, they played the best football las season). Chelsea can also manage a come back, we'll see. They would need both City and MU to collapse so it's un likely they'll win the title. I say: 1. MU 2. City 3. Chelsea. And 4. Arsenal, as always...
To me man city is out of the race and manutd have defensive problem.... Any little error by manutd I see chelsea taking over
Excellent video

Kick4Life - changing lives through football