Forums / Nigeria
Order: Newest / Oldest
Nigeria V Korea Republic, Jun 22
Princeobi (Barcelona) 3 years ago

I'm shocked, Nigeria should always win this match. How do you make 2 mistakes which lead to a free kick goal. And how on earth do you miss all those chances, like Yakubu c'mon man that's misser of the tournament right there. Good match from both teams though
Oldglory0002 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Good match, but the South Koreans are just smarter footballers than the Nigerians. Too many silly fouls from the African nationals. I'm happy to see the Koreans pass through to the second round.... Greece was really disappointing for me though, but I'm not that surprised that they've been eliminated. What I'm most surprised about is that Messi has yet to score
Marinov (West Ham United) 3 years ago
First free-kick goal of the tournament
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
FAIL. Geez guys, wtf, you should have advanced
Sargentoblanco (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Wow terrible luck Nigeria has had this tournament.
Never wouldve lost to Greece of it wasnt for Kaita, I guess Africans must really learn to control themselves if they are to ever really succeed in the finals
Germaa33 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Well done Korea
Just4Fun (AS Roma) 3 years ago
As always.... The problem in African players, .... Is that they have this massive speed.... And great skills.... But placement is what they lack.... They always shoot in a stupid way without finding the back of the net.... If you let an african player shoot from 25 Yards away from the goal.... He'll put it better than 16 Yards away....
They always miss great chances.... Hard luck anyway.... And good luck in next WC maybe.... Its a bit shame they lost.... 'cause they have class.... But as I said they lack the finishing touch and placement!
SimonK (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Pretty exciting game watching miss fired tremendous chances on both teams. S Korea knew how to control the field a bit more but I doubt they can win Uruguay with such sloppy defenders. They are still the best team in Asia but, in order not to be eliminated on the first game of the knock out stage, their defence should be much much tighter. Feel sorry about the super eagles.... Yakubu and Martins are to be blamed! Lol
Bikku88 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Good match by both teams.... A really silly penalty to give away from that south korean player.... I was really pissed, yakubu missed a sitter although he was clearly offside and koreans had some chances too to double the lead, all in all fair result and fair game I must say.... Good luck to south korea in the next round...
Gobuksan (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I know there have already been death threats against a nigerian player. I sincerely hope that this match does not result in anyone's death. This is a great game, but it is not worth any human's life. I thought nigeria were the better team to be honest, the ball just did not bounce their way. If anyone get's killed, then that is just f'ing disgusting!
KingGiggsy (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Happy for the Koreans they played good football all the tournament asa team
Carioca1 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Yakubu.... Are you on crack? How do you miss that one?
Darkempereur (Manchester City) 3 years ago
SNIF SNIF Nigeria Out.... AAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggg

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nice team, but horrible finishing....

Ok I switch to my other favorite team.... Go Argentina go Uruguay
AhmadSK (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Good job Korea, I actually wanted Nigeria to move to the knockout rounds though
Partoba (Liverpool) 3 years ago
GO Korea! GO!  GO Asia! GO!  Fighting!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football