Forums / Nigeria
Order: Newest / Oldest
Greece V Nigeria, Jun 17
LOZZA (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Hellas were.... Lets just say.... Really lucky!
Arismetal (Arsenal) 3 years ago
So was Nigeria that didn't lose with 4-1 or 5-1
Spartan (West Ham United) 3 years ago
Love Greek spirit, fight till the last minute! Brilliant atacks and some lucky finishes! Can they draw with Argentina> let's see.... Don't think so
Truet (AS Roma) 3 years ago
Hahaha.... Well argentina could spare their strength for the next round and let greece pass wht a draw, , just in case they meet them again further on, in the tournament.... To have an easy victory lol I think nigeria will not win easily whit south korea the asians have a good chanse to pass since nigeria must win to keep their hope alive, , korea and greece are even in goal dif so far -1 both but korea beated greece 2-0 so they stand a bit better than the other 2...
AlexArneRiise (Liverpool) 3 years ago
It was a very selfish red card, keita let his team down, unluckey to nigerea, they where flukey goals but at least greece looked to have turned up today!
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
That's very true, if it hadn't been for kaita's retarded behavior, the nigerians would probably win that game.... I'm kind of frustrated cause I was hoping that they will reach the next phase of the tournament and now it's not possible anymore. I hope that the greeks won't take their place cause they don't deserve it, that would really be totally unacceptable
Mikesimms (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Ridiculous behaviour from Keita!
Ayotaurus29 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
After cooling myself off from being totally pissed off at nigeria (especially kaita, who probably needed to do that to before the game started) I have awarded him with the dumbest tackle of the tournament, BUT I congratulate the Greeks who played focused and got lucky in the end. Once again Enyeama played outstanding and kept nigeria in but why has obafemi martins (guy with the only shot at goal against argentina)not played at least a full half. That baffles me but then again I'm not a football coach. Lets hope luck and proper selection can bail nigeria into round 16 after all they did qualifly in their last game to get here. Nigeria needs goals
MaximOrlov (Manchester United) 3 years ago
WHY draw that foul? It was just a throw in! Did he say something to him?
Metal4Us (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Hellas Were Very Strong in 2nd half.... In the 1st half that was Nigeria.... They Deserved the victory
Sharpoon (Hull City) 3 years ago
Well done greece I suppose, still be a travesty if they went through the group though!
Rossonero (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I really felt sad for the Nigerian team, but I also think that they are tactically naive!
MariusV (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Great game, I watched it all, I actually thought in my opinion that nigeria should of won, greece just got lucky and were at the right positions at the right time, and the red card, he definetly deserved it, but the boy should got a yellow card for diving, well I guess it's football anything to send the opponent off, lol
If you watched all game you would think that Greece should have won with 4-1 or 5-1.
So you didn't watched the game carefully or you don't know much about football
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
BAD LUCK nigeria, stupid foul but the red card was the correct call. I think the diver should have been sent off too. Despicable sportmanship from both players.

Congrats to greece for working hard for the win, but you must admit you got very lucky with this result.

Sooooo disappointed in nigeria. You should have AT least tied even a man down. What a wasted chance by the yakubu and the guy that missed the open goal.

It's not over yet! Beat south korea and you are in to next round (most likely). GL!

Grssam (Seattle Sounders) 3 years ago
The red card was a huge let down for Nigeria, but did anyone notice the defender who was laying on the ground for a full 5 seconds before the deciding goal? If he had gotten up he would have been well placed to clear the goal keepers bobble. And the missed counter attack in the 60th minute.... But a win against S. Korea and the Nigerians can still go through - with the expected Argentinian victory over the fortunate Greeks
Rob12 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Greece didn't deserve that, what a stupid stupid red card how stupid is that guy?
Dimitri (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Heart breaker for nigeria. Poor guys....
I find that the referees in this world cup are quick to pull the red cards so far no? Stupid kick, obvious card, but at the 37 minute to give red.... That's a little rash no?
Juvefan (Juventus) 3 years ago
Poor Nigeria! It was silly for Kaita to lift his foot up and it was unsportsmanlike reaction from Torsidis. Seems like Kaita's foot did not even touched him. It was obvious acting and simulation. But for Greece he is a national hero, because he got Kaita sent off and scored 2nd goal. Weird ha. Probably, if it was my or anybody else's country instead of Greece, we would say it was fair red card. But from objective perspective Torsidis actually challenged Kaita to do that. And of course it was stupid reaction from Nigerian footballer. Anyway referee could have shown yellow card
[account-removed] 3 years ago
.... First african team out...
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I thought South Africa was already out, or am I in the future?
Princeobi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
 Nigeria is not out yet. If they win against South Korea and Argentinia gives Greece a trashing they will advance
Greece also hopes Nigeria wins. But they have to win Korea with more that 2 goals defference to have a chance.
And Greece all is going to do with Argentina is not to conceive a goal. Greece is the best at this

Kick4Life - changing lives through football