Forums / Nigeria
Order: Newest / Oldest
Argentina V Nigeria, Sep 6
UBGunnz (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Messi is just so good man
Syedrizvi (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
His just gud player...
Hari6988 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Yea, just a good player who got 35 votes more than someone else for the "european player of the year" award
Shunjoker (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Argentina has a nice Offence with Higuain, Messi, and Di Maria! They even have Aguero and Lavezzi! I hope they kinda fix the defence much better.... And just stay the same, they'll be doing good with the future games!

What a run by Messi!

Vamos Carajo Argentina!
Duces14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Messi fails to score for his country once again, just kidding well done argentina now build on that and do it against the bigger teams.  
Aliko (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Look how they are chasing Messi! Haha so funny! Go argentina!
Fifaman1017 (FC Barcelona II) 2 years ago
Messi's run was unbelievable
If you actually watched the game life, and in hd
Holy s**t, it was like a maradonna run, if only he finished that run, wouldve been one of the greatest goals
And we're not talking about messi doing this to some s**t team, this is nigeria, with some of the fastest players in the world too....
Wtf messi =/
Live*
Pauleta (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Most of the Nigeria's top players such as Yobo(Captain), Anichebe, Martins, Enyeama and Odemwingie did not play.

Plus players like Nsofor and Mikel were fatigued after their afcon qualifiers 4 days ago. This results doesn't actually justify much IMO.... Though Argentina are good at going forward, their defence is so weak that even Nigeria second string attack could easily penetrate through
Joshtch (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Quite an improvement from that 0-4 (arg-nga) debacle earlier this year. It seems like the offense has finally gotten into rhythm, thanks in no small part to Messi moving back to play in the middle rather than as a false 9 like with Barca.
He won't be racking up goals in that position, but it's what Argentina really needs right now. Kudos to him for stepping up and making the change.
All Argentina needs now is a solid defence and it will become a genuine WC contender
Smartsoccer (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I don't get why mourihno doesn't put higuain more often, he'll get fully fit faster
Osama14 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Because benzema is in form and better
Juninho17 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
How can people say Messi doesn't do well with Argentina? .... Yea he doesn't score much, but he is part of almost every single goal!

-Great job Messi!
Osama14 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Agreed bro
SIMPLYGODS 2 years ago
They don't watch the games. They don't understand that messi plays more of a xavi/iniesta like style for argentina. That's why he is constantly assisting, always a part of every play. So when they don't see his name on the score sheet they think he sucks.... Haha messi plays fantastic for argentina a lot of times its his teammates that are unable to finish what he has set up=/
Russia (Barcelona) 2 years ago
You got 9 thumbs up juninho17 because not all real players can addmit this well said probably best real fan so far I saw
Anubhz (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Well it was awesome to be a part of this crowd I'm neither fan of Argentina nor Nigeria but it was really really great to watch this match live
When the Argentine team came to warm up we were looking at boots to understand which one is Messi lol
Nevertheless awesome atmosphere as well as game by Argentine
Kertra78 (PSG) 2 years ago
Lol, most of the nigerian players arent here, Nigeria had to play the african cup qualifier match. Sorry to dissapoint you, if this is Argentina, than they have a lot of work to do
Familesso (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Nah, I disagree, however I should say Nigeria is always a good side (and Oh God do I miss Okocha). But mind you ARG is one of the favorable wold cup winner in 2014, their striking powering is stop-less, imagine Higuan, Tevez, S. Aguero, DiMaria, Messi, Millito, need I say more?
If ARG come up with a strong defence in 2014, Germany will have a tough time wining the next world cup
Devrod (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Argentina are better without tevez, just my humble opinion
Familesso (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Hahahah! Nigeria would've love to have Tevez on their side
SIMPLYGODS 2 years ago
Yesss! Argentina got wise and got one of those unsmiling ass hole coaches I love it Argentina always plays better and performs 10x better when they have a coach that doesn't smile or appreciate what they have done until the game is over hahah =P Well done Argentina and well done Messi and team
Great (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Awesome to see this match being played in Bangladesh, Bangladeshi people were really excited seeing Messi ther and he played superb!
Indo101 (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Agreed. They were definitely entertained
AlvinSiiHeeYong (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Messi was the man of the match.... HE IS THE BEST
When isn't he man of the match  Am I right?
Jazze (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Messi is Argentina best player, the sad thing is that people that don't know anything about football think that a player has to score loads of goals to be considered a great player. Messi has a different role in argentina, he's a play maker. He leads every attack for argentina, and is behind most of the goals they score. I think it won't be to long before he feels happy and comfortable in argeentina, and he will start scoring goals as well, he has plenty of time, he's only 24
Spot on.... !
Yashioman (Liverpool) 2 years ago
What? You don't just change your role from team to team. You play where you play best. You do what you do best. He is a good (only good) player playing in a great (barely and only great) club. Nationally, the Argentinian team stinks, and he is greatly part of the foul odor they emit
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 2 years ago
What? Really? Barca is only good not great? Messi is the best player in the Universe right now. All Time? Only time will tell too soon to decide. Barring major injury he is certianly on his way to that elite status. Kind of naive to suggest that no matter who he plays with the results will always be the same. No player will ever dominate like Maradona, Pele, or even Best. Today's athletes are just to good. Different game
"You don't just change your role from team to team. You play where you play best. You do what you do best. "

Such a lame thing to say.... If he goes and stands in CF position, he won't even touch the ball.... ARG doesn't even have decent midfielders.... But, they have lots of strikers like higuain, tevez, aguero, etc.... How will messi help if he also goes and stands with higuain upfront?

Try not to embarrass urself next time.... )
@bigshel: obviously, he is in a state of denial.... His profile says he is over the moon for liverpool's performance.... Over the moon for not being able to qualify for the europa league? LMAO....
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 2 years ago
Easy now Hari. Let's all be civil Let's leave Liverpool out of this one. You don't want to start a war. I really like messi but I am not going to fight the Liverpool nation for him. Lol
Jazze (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Yashioman nothing you said makes sense, the reason messi is playing a different role is because argentina really only have defensive midfielders, messi is dropping back deep to get the ball, and the leading attacks, with little through balls, knocking it over the top, spreading the ball around, controlling the pace of play. He's playing a play makers role. They have no creative midfielders like xavi or iniesta, so messi is fulfilling this role

Kick4Life - changing lives through football