Forums / Newcastle United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Wigan Athletic V Newcastle United, Apr 28
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
The frustrating thing about Wigan is that they play terribly for the better part of the season, then when relegation is being a certainty, suddenly they play like a team that actually belongs in the EPL! If Wigan were this consistent week in week out, they would probably be in the top half of the EPL table.

Still, Wigan played exceptionally well to shock Newcastle - man the Toon had a really off day. This result will help them get one step closer to safety - one more win will guarantee it, and considering that their final 2 matches are against Blackburn and Wolves respectfully, I think it's doable for them if they play like they did today
Spartan (West Ham United) 2 years ago
Wigan saves the best for the end of the season! Newcastle's champ league dreams are fading away
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Wow amazing victory for Wigan, one battling to stay in the league the other battling for a Champions League spot you would think you know who would win. Wigan just looked like the better team, Martinez is an amazing coach
TehOnlyCookie (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Whats with the guy in Bikini HAHA!
Metsuri (Everton) 2 years ago
I told it at the beginning of the season, Moses is gonna' blast it now when N'Zogbias gone.... I was right

But Wiganwiganwigan & Di santo, What a goal, What a game!
MESSl (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Wow ! Simple football by wigan ! Hope to see more from them next season haha !
Soundslikefail (Arsenal) 2 years ago
If Wigan played like this all season, they'd be well up into the top half of the table.

But this end of the season scramble is why I want them to stay up again. They do it every year and it's so enjoyable (except when they beat us)
Zeta (Arsenal) 2 years ago
If Martinez could fool his players into thinking they're fighting relegation all season long, god help the rest of us
Joppadoni (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Definately lol. Well played wigan
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Newcastle unlucky, especially in the second half. Wigan, well what can you say? Just quality, reminded us why they deserve to remain in the league
Alex11rooney (Manchester United) 2 years ago
How did Wigan get so good all of a sudden?
Africano (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Di santio goal and celebration= first class, good to see a former chelsea player doing good
AntiFutbol (Club Tijuana) 2 years ago
Wigan are on fire! Martinez is proving his stripes. Why couldn't they play like this from the beginning of the season? Their commitment to technical football has payed off in time to avoid relegation and upset the bigger teams chances of winning tittle or champions league spots. Got to love how they kick it in to overdrive
Kisho (Arsenal) 2 years ago
No seriously, Wigan should be thinking about winning the Premier League next season!
Realmanufan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Most likely they'll get dropped to the relegation zone next season but with 7-8 games remaining they'll start plating beautiful football and survive the drop
Reds89 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Wigan looked great yesterday, good to see young McCarthy and McCarthur playing together in the middle. I think they will do well with each other there. What a goal from DiSanto aswell, it was a beauty
Kain (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Wow wigan are back in form once again and di santo's perfect chip was stunning!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football