Forums / Newcastle United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Wigan Athletic V Newcastle United, Apr 28
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Victor Moses eat well today lol
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Wow! Wigan are like a wild hungry beast devouring everything that comes across their path! Lol thinkin about it now we (Chelsea) were lucky to have escaped their wrath! Hahaha good job Roberto, def deserve to be in BPL
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 2 years ago
I'm sure this is a massive suprise to most people not affiliated with wigan. It shouldnt be.

The truth is that the performances have been there all season, but for some reason we couldn't score whatsoever.

So please don't just look at the table and assume that all teams at the bottom are "crap" and "dont deserve to be in the league" (i've heard that many times from alot of you on here) because wigan are here to stay!
ArexRarris (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I completely agree with you, and I'm a big fan of Wigan's style of football.

It's the same with Liverpool though, we've completely dominated so many teams (Manchesters United & City at home, Norwich, Arsenal, Tottenham, Sunderland at home, Fulham away, QPR away, and there's a few more too) but haven't scored enough goals and somehow contrived to lose or draw. We've hit the post or crossbar 32 times this season. 32! We'd have well over 60 goals if even most of those shots went in.

Yet people say Liverpool have been playing poorly this season, our new signings are terrible and overpriced, Dalglish is as bad a manager as Hodgson (under whom we played a dire, counter-attacking football style) and that Liverpool are crap. No, we've been very good in most games (obviously not all) and haven't reaped the rewards
Lordjaggi (Arsenal) 2 years ago
No team in the epl are crap anyone can beat you. Can't see any bottom 9 team in la liga beating barcelona madrid and someone else back to back
[account-removed] 2 years ago
As a fan of liverpool, I would still go as far as to say: the signings have been more or less crap. If you look at clubs like Ac Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona, (terrible as is it to say) the Manc's, the immediate difference that I notice between them and Liverpool is the turnout from signings. Even the reasonable failed signings from these clubs produce at an above average rate. Liverpool need that from Henderson, Downing, Carroll, etc. We'll get there.... Just need time and Dalglish
LuisFigo7 (Benfica Lisbon) 2 years ago
Omg looks like wigan want to stay in the premier league amazing play they are on fire
Ravensd (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Really nice passing play from wigan, especially that one timer that slipped Maloney through. They obviously wanted it today, though I'm sure our apparent lack of legs in defence the first half helped a bit.

Newcastle's definitely a tale of 2 teams, started off the year like a cannon, really strong holding 2nd place and winning everything, and then Jekyl showed up and dropped the performance straight down (a la Fulham 5-1 and Tottenham 5-0). Cisse comes along, and right back to excellent, positive football, and then another display of poor intensity. But, I guess it happens to every team (look at how Arsenal started the year). But we're still flying high in our second season back and right back to European football.

Good luck Wigan, keep the fight up, you've proven you're hungry now and the key would be to come out of the gates next season with the same hunger
Weirdfishes (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I'll admit I hvaent paid much attention to wigan the whole season

But they've been playing so well recently, it makes me wonder why they're down there in the table....

Good job again!
GeorgioCZY (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Ben Arfa has such a bright future. Not sure he will be staying in NC for long
NerazurriGunner (Arsenal) 2 years ago
The will-power of determination
Socceric (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lol, Wigan is the most dangerous team at the end of each season. Wigan=new arsenal. They don't need possession, just beautiful touch and go football. Squeaky bum time eh?
Pekhawar (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Lol, same old story.... Poor all season.... And then boooom! Climb up and save themselves from goin down! Crazy stuff
Taj123 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Where the hell is the New Castle that beat United? Come on man. Newcastle. Fantastic display of passing by Wigan. All ratings to them
[account-removed] 2 years ago
There is wigan which kicked scum's ass...
Taj123 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
?
ARod9 (Sevilla) 2 years ago
Wigan playing beautiful football, great play by moses, great goals by maloney and di santo
Theblaccoffee (Colorado Rapids) 2 years ago
Where was THIS wigan earlier this season?
Wildman17 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
All praise to martinez and wigan players! I hope they buy moses a pint because he's been huge lately

Kick4Life - changing lives through football