Forums / Newcastle United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Chelsea V Newcastle United, Sep 22
Aatir (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Great game by New Castle no doubt.
For anyone who votes Chelsea as Rubbish, Average or Lucky, I believe you did not see the game....
It was a wonderful comeback from 2 goals down, with 10 men playing for the last half hour of the game. Only to concede in the last minute.

Watch out for McEachran ! There was plenty of him in the match.
CanonsofArsene (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I voted Chelsea average because when you fill your team with so much young blood - you will not be able to play at the usual "great" and "awesome" level.... Definitely not! But Newcastle put in a great performance.... I only wish more teams would play like this against Chelsea in the Premiership where it counts!
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Congrats Newcastle and Mr ameobi, was a really fun game and tbh they should have put the game away earlier.

We gave it our best shot but with 10 men it was always going to be hard

Good luck to newcastle throughout the competition and hope you guys go far
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Second that! So that's 2 already bluhefna!
Bluhefna (Manchester United) 3 years ago
What do you mean matey?  
Ok ok I understand - thank you!
Ravensd (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
Thanks gents, I agree it was one of the better games i've seen. Nice to see the reserve players and young prospects get some attention. Exciting football. And great (nervewracking) surge from Anelka at the end. Definitely had me swearing at those earlier missed chances. Hope to see more games like this. And I look forward to seeing our clubs face eachother with their top squads
Nice to see a chelsea fan with some respect - you're a credit to the site Chelseaman93
Nicolnj (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
Second that
Lol thanks guys, now I feel like crying
BNetworks (Chelsea) 3 years ago
LOL Baba, no need for that. It was entertaining football all the way and Newcastle deserve the victory but our boys did put up a good fight
Youngy (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
The ppl who voted us 'lucky', did they watch the game? I think not. A fantastic are. Taylor free-kick and Shola's 2 goals sums it up. Chelsea played good as well, good plays from kakuta and Anelka
Lol people just do random things, like voting chelsea rubbish when they beat wigan 6-0.

You just have to deal with it, and you guys played awesome don't let it bother you
I4SUN (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I haven't watched the game but I don't see any red card in the match report. What did you guys mean by with 10 men playing for the last half hour? Who got sent off? And how?

Besides, this is the first time Chelsea put a young team only with a few oldies included and we're playing a premier league team. Unlike Man Utd. And, shame on liverpool, Manchester City too!
Ravensd (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
A couple of unfortunate injuries to kalou and benayoun. By the time jossi was injured, ancelotti had used his subs
UchihaItachi (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Seriously i4sun? What about terry, ferreira, benayoun, zhirkov, anelka and ramires playing? That's more than half your team playin already.... Gimme a break.... You lost, be a gud sportsman and just accept it, stop giving out excuses...
UchihaItachi (Manchester United) 3 years ago
And oh I forgot to mention kalou, who came on as a sub
Uchi no matter how many first teamers you have if turnbull is in goal you will still lose lol

I4sun just let it go mate we lost to the better team on the day
W00sh (Hamburger SV) 3 years ago
Ah uchi! I never knew a team was made up of 4 players! Or do you want to include subs like kalou who played 10mins? Aaaah sorry man! I don't even like Chelsea but sometimes theres someone with their face so firmly against their own upper-intestine I have to say something
Joeymac (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Woosh, if you read his comment, he said that half of their team played, not 4
[account-removed] 3 years ago
9 players involved: Turnbull, Zhirkov, van Aanholt, Bruma, Ramires, Benayoun, Sturridge, Kakuta and McEachran are NOT first XI. They played some brilliant stuff and did brillianty to get back in at 3-3 but hats off to Toon they took their chances. 1st win at Stamford Bridge for 24 years
LeApple (Chelsea) 3 years ago
To suggest that Ferreira is part of the first 11 is laughable too. I love the bloke but without injuries he'd be no where near the starting spot
DoctorFootball (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Hats Off New Castle.... Well Played...
DoctorFootball (Chelsea) 3 years ago
We Always Lose.... When Ever Hilario In Charge Of Goal Keeping.... Always.... Plus On Stamford Brigde...
Lol it was turnbull not hilario, but it really doesn't matter both of them are the same
UnseenChelseaFa (Chelsea) 3 years ago
We would of been better off putting a cardboard cut out of a keeper in goal then to let Turnbull play
Biriukov (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Newcastle deserved this, some questionable defending at times. To be honest they were creating more chances and played better. I was impressed with McEachran and Vaan Anholt, Kakuta at times tired to much, but hey it's a good experience for the youngsters
AISIR (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I know all the people who hate chelsea out there will enjoy this result. I am still proud of them. Playing with 10 men because of injuries for such a long period and still managing to show enough character to comeback from a 2 goal deficit.... I couldn't ask for more. The inexperience of some of the youngsters really showed on the defensive end....

McEachran was simply brilliant. I hope he gets some games with the full first team. Him and Anelka showed real class, and never gave up.

We need a half decent #2 keeper.... Just grab anyone from MLS even.... Better than the garbage that is turnbull and hilario. I can't keep giving them the benefit of the doubt.

All of that said. Newcastle fully deserved their win. The team that played better overall today won. The free kick was stellar.
Playa3c (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Let them smile now because we will be laughing later haha. But Turnbull made that free-kick spectacular, that was his post & he failed
49ers04 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
All this means is they'll do better in the League/CL.  I'd rather have Chelsea make to the finals.
Playa3c (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Oh yeaaah! That's why I'm not to worry about it!
Guardiangel (Chelsea) 3 years ago
That's whut I'm thinking Optimus prime....
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Fair play to the toon, great win
Soccerbeast1234 (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Ru tube sucks right?
Nogards (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
Great result for our boys, glad to see Shola out there getting the job done. I know Chelsea have bigger fish to fry but even their reserve players are quality and its good to see our young guys getting the win. I know this competition is our best chance at silverware, but I hope our squad can compete in the CC and the Prem without it being to taxing. Great to have a win against a strong side with Nolan, Barton, Tiote, Carroll, and Ben Arfa relaxing on the bench Bring on Stoke!
CamiloBarca (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Its a bit shocking but Liverpool & Man City are also out so I see ManU or Arsenal going to the finals for this one
Scavenger894 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
First liverpool now chelsea? Oh man how this carling cup seems to mean nothing for teams lol
Guardiangel (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Its seems like only arsenal can put the entire youth team on the field and still winning games in the carling cup, sumthing that we chelsea need to learn from you lot.... But the same thing cannt be said with our best XI...
Chelseamantevin (Chelsea) 3 years ago
What a game! I hav 2 take my hat off 2 Newcastle well played but wow we came close  Anelka played a great game

Kick4Life - changing lives through football