Forums / Newcastle United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Arsenal V Newcastle United, Dec 29
GonzaloHiguain (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Olivier Giroud was brilliant!
SimonK (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Walcott's 3rd goal was majestic!
Khan420 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
This season this was my first game I went to watch in the stadium and see what the team gave me. I paid for the most entertaining game of our 2012 year and I am so glad I witnessed this game.
I enjoyed the game very much and Did not want the game to be over lolz. Wilshere, Chamberlain and Santi were looking awesome all game and off-course Theo with his man of the match performance.
Pito316 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Awesome! A buddy of mine is an Arsenal fan and he went to watch it at The Emirates as well. It was his 1st time, too. What a game to be at for your first time watching your team live!
Observer (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Indeed Newcastle is a wee club, how can they be walloped like that, so happy for my Arsenal friends, at least they are ended the year on a very good and impressing note!
Ravensd (Newcastle United) 1 year ago
6-1
Luercules (Arsenal) 1 year ago
@Ravensd Add them.... 7 points clear for United.... You mad?
Ravensd (Newcastle United) 1 year ago
Not mad, just pointing out the stupidity in his comment. Any team can be walloped on any day. Welcome to the Prem
Rapha24mt (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Theo's 3rd is his trademark goal. Remember he scored a similar goal at Stamford Bridge last season in the 5-3 comeback? Slipped and fell, got up and went on to score. Haha brilliant!
Gunnersja (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Much like girouds second goal
Laypyu (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Brilliant end to end football. I'm loving it!

Theo is turning out to be something special.... Give him the games and the center stage.... He will deliver!
Thrash4ever (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Podolski for me was man of the match. He had a high work rate, chasing down lost balls and leading by example - a true sign of experience and tenacity which got the Arsenal cannon firing in the second half. The first half was another story, we were slow and simply didn't look interested, and Newcastle were well worth the draw at that stage. In the last twenty minutes they faded and the fresh legs of Giroud (a monster in the air) were too much, after all they've played two games in a week. I think Newcastle have some good players; they've scored six away at Old Trafford and now the Emirates and got nothing, and with all the injuries, I feel they've been a bit unlucky. There's no way they will go down!

Now, the defending. Quite simply it was atrocious from both sides but I'll concentrate on Arsenal being a Gunner. Throughout the game we were so slow getting to the ball and putting pressure on Newcastle when they were in possession. Led by the likes of Podolski we stepped up the tempo and put pressure on the ball in the second half. As it stands we have no bite in the midfield, and oh how we miss Song (or even Diaby)! Secondly, the amount of time Newcastle were allowed in front of the box to either play it wide and cross, or shoot, was simply abominable. We gave up trying to close them down and just LET them cross - criminal! The full-backs had shockers; where Gibbs created a couple of goals up front he was out of position for at least two of Newcastle's, and was slow to get back after advancing so high up the pitch. His positioning and awareness is highly questionable. Lastly, Szczęsny's distribution - what are his stats overall in this area? It is my belief we lose possession from a majority of his kicks and clearances. So many times he puts us under immediate pressure with poor choices. Not acceptable!

If we give that much time and space for the opposition midfield to pick passes, play it wide and cross, or shoot from smack-centre in front of our box we will get murdered by Bayern.

Fantastic last twenty minutes as Newcastle faded, but I still have serious concerns about our defending
TheSloth (Arsenal) 1 year ago
It was interesting to see how hard Giroud worked to sprint. He scored some good goals, I question whether he could keep that up for 90
Flitocious (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Here is my opinion.... Arsene had a game plan and the game plan was to wear Newcastle down. He knew they would tire and his game plan worked. First half work on the counter attacks and let them tire. Second half press them and instill more attacking presence on a worn down Newcastle defence.

For me this looks good on paper and looks great if it works out which it did. It can be such a devastation if it doesn't.

With Bayern the game plan will be different. Whether he chooses to press at the beginning or late, is the manager's decision.

This is what a manager gets paid to do
Crxxx (Bayern München) 1 year ago
Walcott's value just sky rocketed after this hatrick. Amazing game, great goals.

Great attacking football but shabby defending from both sides imo
RedWhiteBlack (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Sometimes I just can't understand why people these days are comparing Walcott with Nani, when clearly this match directly explains it
Janeaire84 (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Walcott's hat-trick goal was just amazing~ 3 goals and 2 assists from him can make him new King for Arsenal!
Nupoor11 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
He did the right thing by signing a new contract
Kain (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Its best for walcott to stay at arsenal because he knows he can play as an attacking role but a fantastic perfomance from the gunners keep it up
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Wee little club is screwed! They gave a 8 year contract with Padrew but conceding 7 goals is never good!
Dpfka0821 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Last goal was just sensational
Mik0lai (KS Widzew Lódz) 1 year ago
Wenger critics can go back to their caves! Its funny, when arsenal win, its all down to their players, but when they lose, all the fault is on the coach.

IN arsene WE trust

Kick4Life - changing lives through football