Forums / New to footytube? Introduce Yourself
Order: Newest / Oldest
Unwelcome, Welcomes
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Guys please do not welcome users en mass from 3-4 months ago, as newbies posting here are being forced backwards and getting little or no replies to their posts.
I don't see the need to welcome everyone whos name is on these pages at one time, its only messing up the forum, and as I said new users are being put back god knows how many pages, when they should be at the head of the thread.
Cheers
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 4 years ago
Welcome footytube lol.... But I agree but some people didn't introduce themselves at the start but feel its nice to actually introduce yourself, even I had thought about it obviously a longtime ago though.
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I don't think you catch what I'm saying charlie, its like me going and welcoming everyone on the first 10 pages of this forum one after the other, and starting from the newest posts up to the oldest.
By the time you get the oldest users posts at the end of the thread, that catapults the new user back 10 pages or whatever, when he should be on page one.
Which means new users will not get any replies to their posts as they have been sent back x amount of pages where no one will see them
HandOfDog (Plymouth Argyle) 4 years ago
Maybe the welcome replies could go to their wall or something? Maybe no I dunno, just an idea
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Just to confirm what Tony was saying, we have no problem whatsoever with people making a new welcome topic for themselves, and no problem with people writing in those topics, welcoming people. What happened recently was one or two members went back through every old welcome topic, some several months old, and wrote 'welcome' in it. That pushed the new topics down the list and made the really old ones appear first. It could also be seen as a way of 'cheating' the fan valuation system, but it doesn't work.

Taimoor24 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Hi.... My name is taimoor and I am a sports news writer. Google me as Lucien Lefevre Preudhomme and see my articles (I cover French Ligue 1) would love to listen to your opinions and feedback
Crys1814 (Club Santos Laguna) 3 years ago
Hello my name is crystal I love santos and mexico my favorite player is Andres Guardado, and Guti! Go santos, GO mexico
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Hi crystal and welcome to footytube,
If you have any problems or questions regarding the site, don't hesitate to contact myself or any of the other staff members here on the site, and we will do our best to help you out.

See ya around
Cheers

Kick4Life - changing lives through football