Forums / New to footytube? Introduce Yourself
Order: Newest / Oldest
Meet The Staff!
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Well I knew the site was funny but never realised it was run by a team of mad hatters !
Compliments on a job well done and still doing !And some wierd and funny write ups !
Keep up the boss work, Cheers lads !
Awada87 (Juventus) 3 years ago
Hey Ant great interactive idea (DreamFooty Fantasy league) for some of us football lovers that can virtually live the dream of being involved with a club at any level! Very smart and well put together in regards of budget given and player value. Keep up the good work much appreciation. Supporter of Man. City (premiere league), Juventus (serie A)
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
I ain't gonna' make a dozen posts praising each new entry, so I'm just gonna' say this: Great stories lads!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Thanks for taking the time to read them, your own story in the meet the stalwarts is quite intrigueing.  Cheers
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Ok, I know this may be a bit late in the making, but oh well .

My name is Austin Tyrrell. I live in Wheatley, Ontario in the arctic lands known as Canada. Here, the only form of soccer I can ever watch involves penguins and a form of ice fishing on a channel known as TSN. What's more, the announcers are terrible. This forced me to look for other alternatives with regards to watching soccer. As a result, I found footytube, which basically saved my life.

Now, jokes aside, I have only enjoyed soccer since I was about 10-12 years old (I don't remember what age it was exactly), and being 17 now, it's not been that long. However, I have come to truly love the sport, and my life really does revolve around it. I now organize the referees for my local area for several divisions (this involves scheduling, holding seminars for local referees, and making sure they get payed), I play in three different leagues at the moment (used to be four, but unfortunately there were some complications there). So basically, when I am not at school or work, I am doing something involving soccer. For those of you wondering how I don't get tired, it is simple, I have a very high level of stamina.... That or I'm too stupid to realize just how tired I am.

I play midfield, preferably in the middle, however many of my coaches use me as a utility player. Being left footed, I often play left wing, or left back, and I am also often deployed behind the striker as I never stop running, and seem to have a knack for pissing off defenders, which ends up creating space for the striker. I also enjoy playing goalie sometimes, and this would be my prefered position, but being only 5'9", I'm a bit too short.

Now I really did come to know footytube because the soccer here is a disgrace. People around here seem to think that the best way to score is to kick and run.... And not in the way that englishmen know, but in the most wasteful manner you could imagine, cause no one knows where to position themselves. Likewise, trying to find soccer on tv is like trying to get blood out of a stone.... Not gonna' happen (though I do have satelite tv now, so that problem has been solved). So I discovered footytube, and my life was complete. Since then, my acne disappeared, I have grown a 6-pack, and every girl wants me all the time. Oh, and I'm able to discuss football with people who actually know a thing or two about the sport (we don't have many of those in canada.... At least not where I live.... There is a reason I have to teach half my refs the difference between a goal kick and a corner kick).

Anywho, hope you all enjoyed my story. Gotta' go fetch my pet polar bear now ;P
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Wow - your story is similar to me, I'm also left footed, always played forward or goalie, but the same height disadvantage plagues me 5' 9" is my stature even though I tried hanging upside down in the closet kidding. Plus I reside in Canada - what's with all the Canadian mods? We are taking over I tell you - great read, thanks
SaHac (Hamburger SV) 3 years ago
You know.... For like a toonie you could order goltv or setanta, just sayin
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Definitely goltv for 2 bucks - setanta costs 16 a month here and only plays english league/scottish and rugby - goltv plays bundesliga which I'm happy about
SaHac (Hamburger SV) 3 years ago
And columbian league
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I boast a lot about myself in real-life so I'll keep it short and simple here

My name is Bryan, part-time super-soldier. Born in Trinidad and Tobago but presently living in Japan and worrying about a nuclear crisis. I was teaching English here at junior high school but now I'm translating Japanese to English at a company. I love football, played it all my life but spent most of my life devoted to martial arts. This is me doing some lifting while drinking rum on Christmas morning a few years back home in Trinidad (I'm the one with dreadlocks lacking skills, lol)

I only became a serious fan in Japan after my Geordie friends forced me to watch the Premier League with them. Then found out my father was an Arsenal fan ever since way back when and since our relationship wasn't too good I decided it would be good to have something to talk about. As I slowly got more and more obsessed with Arsenal, I got drawn to footytube and it's many highlights, all the colours of the rainbow! I soon noticed my previous hobbies of drawing comics and watching movies has fallen by the wayside of simply staring at the forums waiting for new videos and comments to pop up so I can drop a pun on them. Then all of a sudden I got an email saying, "hey, want to be a mod?" And the rest of history....

After reading a great novel, Us vs Them [Link: amzn.to/f13bsd ] about a guy visiting the world's greatest derbies, I decided to get to the Emirates for a derby match while I had some time and money and made a video of it here. You can check it out if you wish, but it's pretty crappy

Anyway, that's my footytube half-life in a nut-shell. I have a potty mouth and like being ridiculous at times but footytube is a good fun way to relax and talk football with people from around the world and I'm just trying to help keep it that way...
I thought that was bob marley kicking the ball in the video, he loved t play a bit bob, and not the worst you ever seen.
Looked like the boys were having a blast bryan, was that a bottle of johnny walker?
Haha, yeah! This is one of the guys throwing it over everyone

Edit: I also found this vid of Robert Nesta playing le foot in New Zealand! He had mad skillz....In the Caribbean we all knew he played football and got some cancer in his toe which led to his death but I never saw footage of him playing before....

Disgraceful behaviour, if you can't handle your whiskey, give it to someone that can, don't waste it.... Lol, looks like some of those guys would have been ready for bed shortly thereafter bryan.... A little worse for wear
Haha, yeah.... In my old neighbourhood Christmas morning is church, then football, then mid-day drinking followed by going from house to house eating food with the neighbours

In Japan now it's open the one present you get from your girlfriend and go to work!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
How awesome is this Jet, I always thought you were a typical English/American bloke that loved Japan and decided to live there for work or something - now I see you're from T&T, look like my best friend in high school (who now is a theoretical physicist with dreadlocks at a prestigious university here - probably the only theoretical physicist that is also a teacher in circus techniques) and have a passion for martial arts! Man, this thread just proves what an fantastic odd bunch us mods are. From former welders in Dublin, to your average college students in Leuven, Belgium and Bangalore, India, to Rasta Kung-Fu masters in Japan and crazy Irish scallywags in Wellington, NZ!
Welders in belfast jeroen, I'm not sure they ever had a shipyard in dublin.... Lol
Of course I meant Belfast - wouldn't want to get shot in the face by an angry Northern-Irelander mistaken for a regular Irishman
Hehe, football is my new obsession though, haven't practiced martial arts in a little while.
Although I do own a sword and did some kendo over here
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 3 years ago
I thought you were Japanese until this moment lol Sorry mate.

Do you have a Japanese girlfriend? I bet they love you over there! Ha!

Your brilliant man! Thanks a lot!
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I've been pretty quiet these couple of months.... But hey, anyone who has been here long enough would have know me. Juno, or Andydelz before the "promotion" to Mod, I have been around since August 2009.

Approaching 30 this year, football has been in my life since 21 years ago. Ever since I saw Sacchi led AC Milan played during the 1990s, I've been a fan of them for all these years.

And having watched Maradona's geniuses when we lost the title to Napoli in 90, you could guess why I'm singing Maradona as the best on this earth.

Having played the game since 7 or 8, I have always been the "General" in all the teams or games I played. That is- I pretty much f**k every team members who played with me, much like what Roy Keane does.

I based my football ideals around those of Barcelona, where keeping possession, playing creative attacking football is the most important to me. I had a broad acceptance of how football can be played, but ultimately, I believe those clubs playing top level football should play not just to win, they also has a responsibility to entertain.

My life is almost exclusively surrounded by football activities only. I buy World Soccer and Champions Magazine every month , when I surf the internet, Soccernet, Goal, footytube are most frequented, with feeds from Tim Vickery, Side Lowe , J Wilson and Zonal Marking keeping my appetite filled. I even had a football blog made combining my two favorite hobbies - football and comics. You can take a look if you are interested. Link: footystrips.blogspot.com . I have been slow on the updates though :p. My favorite shows are any football shows, documentaries and wildlife. I had a PS3 console game station, and the only game disc that I own is Fifa 11. When I'm out there for sports, football is the only thing I know how to play. My wife has been saying if football is a woman, I'll be married to football instead of her. :D

Oh, did I mentioned I'm married? Yeah, I'm married for 5 years, gonna' have a baby boy/girl(scans revealed nothing!) very soon this coming April. When he or she grows up, I'll teach him/her football myself!

Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
"gonna' have a baby boy/girl(scans revealed nothing!) very soon this coming April. When he or she grows up, I'll teach him/her football myself!"

I had no idea, congratulations!
Oh thank you
Adelicia. A name in remembrance of the city that my little girl she's born in. 24th April 2011.
She marks a new day, new chapter on my life.

Fantastic pics juno, now theres a proud dad, and so you should be, I hope she gives you a lifetime of pleasure like my own kids.
Congrats to you and the missus
Thank you. Tony. I sure hope I can raise her to be a good person, live a good life and like by most. Its a new adventure now. Thanks
3 years ago
How about a "Meet the Stalwarts" thread?
I'm not writing another one, .... Lol
3 years ago
I actually meant the non-mods, the day to day users, whose names we see every day, but know very little about!    
Raj (Chelsea) 3 years ago
If we weren't shamelessly publicising ourselves already . Since this is about us , I'll keep it entirely about me heeha .

I'm Samburaj Das, Raj if you , like me prefer mono-syllables , 23 , crawling through college and I'm from and live in India . Its a land where chaos reigns , there's a new language at the turn of every corner and we seem to multiply like rabbits . A place with plenty of spices and vices , corruption , rabid industrialization , religious fanatics and fat cooks . Yet we somehow pull together and co-exist and get through the day despite it all . The sport of choice here is cricket , and safe to say , is worshipped . My father - bless him broke the norms and took up football back in his day , within a few decades after we got off the chains of our Imperial ruling and got far with his skill , he was a midfielder in his playing days for the state team , which is no easy feat . Suffice to say , I was kicking around a football at an early age and I still have my first football ever , the leather torn up and re-stitched a few times . European football wasn't big here as there were no real broadcasts of any of the leagues on the TV here , so the only big event when it came to televised football was the World Cup . We had a crappy state-run channel (at the time , unlike the 6 different sports channels these days) and I remember being woken up at 1 AM or 2 AM every night during France 98' right through school weeks - I blame my parents .

When I was about 10 or 11 , I got my first football shirt , that of a certain Dennis Wise from a family friend who was visiting from the UK . Either I was bribed into it with a piece of merchandise, or just remember watching a whole lot of VHS tapes of them (old-school) , Chelsea were my team .

I joined footytube just under a couple years ago , around the time when FT 2.0 was gathering steam , things looked shiny and slick like you see it right now . I could be embarrassingly wrong about this , but after being addicted the site , its possibly this thread that had a certain Admin who will remain anonymous (Lee) take notice and send me an email threatening me to be a mod . I duly obliged of course , feeling lucky and considering it a privilege to this day , helping the website in whatever way I can .

The best thing about footytube , besides the extended highlights , the generous millions you make in valuation (and if you're really smart , some real hard cash if you win Dreamfooty - just ask Jeroen) , the flirty mods and the open forums , is the people . The community we have in here is unlike one you'll find one anywhere else and I've been incredibly lucky and fortunate to meet and know people from all over the world on footytube . Hit a random person on meebo , start a conversation , can't go wrong when the common denominator is football among every one of us .

My other indulgences besides football are food, films , music , travel , history , the universe (who hasn't wanted to be an astronaut at some point ?) among other things .

So get in touch if you want to talk or vent at me for ripping you of 3 minutes off your life , meebo or skype , we are a friendly bunch of mods every one of us and always around to help (Ant even specializes in sexual therapy in his very own thread).

If you decide to come down to India , feel free to use my roof - I'm a radical supporter of couch-surfing . Since there's only about a billion and a half of us around , here's a very smug picture of me stuffing myself for recognition purposes.

I also cook up a mean prawn cocktail that'll be hot and served on arrival .

Did you spill some prawn juice on your keyboard bro? Up near escape? Or was I not supposed to see that

Thank you for the awesome read, and I hope one day to take you up on that couchsurfing offer
I hope it was just prawn juice, and not pron juice. Knowing you Raj, it's gotta' be both

Anyway, I had no idea you were a fellow universe-admirer? I should really talk to you about that, share a few good books/documentaries on it. I love just being baffled when considering the vastness of it all, the strange but extremely logical things that happen in it, evolve from it and will always continue evolving 'til the day the circle is complete and re-boots itself again. Let's just hope football well re-evolve then. Possibly with a Raj & Jeroen 2. 0 as world class midfielders playing for Chelselona
Any picture I have ever seen of raj, has always involved food.... Stay away from the "fat cooks" raj
Raj (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Ant, there'll be a whole basement for you when you visit, Lee's orders. Absolutely anytime man . That is actually a key bitten off by the neighbour's dog haha .... Jeroen shh, I'm screaming innocence but don't bring your CSI flash-light along. I'm sure we could both fill up this page discussing the vast expanses of space hah, as always ready to leech off you for those documentaries. We'll own, scout and play for our club si? Tone, I know you're still reeling from that hot curry, fffrrrrpppp
Its twice as hot on the way out raj.... Ffrrruummppppp
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
This was a great read. Thanks Raj
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
And then him and the dennis wise shirt made out, in front of the webcam and the chelsea chat was born
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Lol....    Raj great read man.... Its always fun to read any of the mods article....
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Hi all, I'm a rather new mod, even been on here for a couple months....Lets see....Whoa! Has it really been six months already? It definitely hasn't seemed that long, but i've enjoyed it nonetheless.

I too am from Canada, another victim of cold winters and snow covered lawns and houses. I've taken to playing a bit of hockey in my spare time (when I'm not on here or at school) but my favorite position no matter what sport has always been the goalie. I was the backup goalie for several years for a recreational team I played on as a kid - which meant I played forward most the time, and if the real goalie didn't show up, then I played goalie. Got my first clean sheet the very first game I played, and never stopped loving the position. Hence, my favorite player of all time - at least no others come to my mind - would have to be Oliver Kahn.

One of many reasons to like Bayern Munich, he is one of the all time best goalies in my mind - especially for Munich and Germany.
My favorite country team is also Germany, as my mother's side of the family is there/emigrated from there. Some memorable moments in my mind - most of them recent ones as I wasn't around to see them win a world cup, would be Michael Ballack's strike in the 2008 Euro cup against Austria....

By the way - the song on this video isn't very good either, feel free to make use of that wonderful mute button....
Klose's goal celbrations....

And of course the next generation of German nationals....

Ozil and Marin....

Lots of bright young promising players for Germany in the years to come, and hopefully we'll win a world cup one of these days again, bring back the cup
Thanks Lifeguard, I like watching Germany play too
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Indeed, Canada doesn't hold much of a candle to the class which Germany plays with - so i'll stick with my mum's side for this one
Yay Canada, our women's team is great lol
Don't mention women in jeroens company, he's got previous.... Lol.... I'd smash it    Cheers arsenal.... !
Congrats Lifeguard and well done
Late as Usual, but here never the less...

My name is Lyndon S Dobson. Yes, L.S.D.

6`0, 22 years old and Greek-Irish as Mentioned before and I currently Reside in Calgary, Canada.

I joined footytube 3 or 4 years ago via random google search for football/soccer highlights when it was first getting off the ground. Then I became a MOD in May of 2009.

Now that the pleasantries are out of my way, here goes nothing....

I love Football.

I started watching International Football World Cups at a young age, and then grew up with clubs I had chosen on my own because of the style of play I had gone and searched out whose play I was drawn too. Around age 6-8. My Dad enjoys watching football but then again he can watch Baseball and there is nothing worse in my mind then that, world series or not. All that to say he's not a fanatic and none of my family are, they just enjoy sports. I developed and searched out my love on my own, joining town football teams and playing mostly Keeper or Striker. Sounds extreme, but I was from a small town and coach said I excelled in both and there weren't many player who wanted to play keeper, including me.

Lets jump ahead, the small town I grew up in gave little thought to "soccer" and so I was forced into Ice Hockey and school sports where I was relatively above average in all, but excluding "soccer".

Now, to get an idea of my footballing history and experience watchig matches, listening to radio broadcasts etc.... I'll outline my favorite teams, but also my favorite players at the time I was watching the most.

First was Panathinaikos (PAO) from Greece. My Homeland, my history, my love. Gate 13 became almost an obsession, as it would for a young rascal, looking to cause trouble. And this about wraps that up.

Next was a seemingly obvious pic for a North American, but at first it wasn't the Spaniards that caught my eye.... It was Patrick Kluivert and Rivaldo!

(The music in this one is dreadful, but just turn the volume down)

Next was my infatuation with Newcastle United and Manchester United, call me crazy I cheered for both at the same time and with the same fervor, things got easier but more depressing when Newcastle were relegated. 2 Men stood out to me, Alan Shearer and Ryan Giggs (with Becks a close second, couldn't help not loving the crosses). Alan Shearer was brilliant as a player, and after supermac I'mnot sure if there in another legend from Newcastle since. I will say though Giggs is most likely my favorite Welsh player to ever live, but then again there isn't much competition there. So I'll just say he is the best in my mind for consistent quality legendary players in his generation and he's still wowing us even now. Sir Giggs that is.

I quickly noticed Serie A and Roma became a fine addition to my newly formed and concrete addiction. I don't really care what you have to say about his attitude, he is loyal, he is a leader, and he is one of the best First Touch/Cheeky Chip Italian Strikers in my mind.

My first and foremost dream came true after highschool and free from the burden of responsibility (for the time being), I travelled to Greece, spent 1 year there studying and also travelling. Then it happend... I went to see my beloved Panathinaikos.

Panathinaikos vs Lokomotiv Moskva - UEFA CUP match. Center of the Pitch 1 row from the front above the players boxes and in front of the Navy personnel who were attending. Salpingidis GATE 13 went nuts, and so did I!

Not until last year in November could I see my second live professional match, but it didn't disappoint. I was in Cancun, Mexico and the local (Cancun) Atlante vs America (Mexico City).
I sat right behind the Atlante Goal for the Second half when the goal was scored and the penalty(s) were taken. You can see the drums and yellow crowd chanting breifly, I am 2 rows above the drums and flags... So I could see haha.

I love my country's football as well. 2 moments I watched live and freeeeeaaked out about too... As in, good freaking out.

And so far that wraps up my major football experiences live, and some of my favorite teams. Clearly I have many many more experiences watching football, screaming (yelling) kicking, smashing, fighting stories in my younger days, BUT that would take too long I hope to be of help to anyone who needs it, and also I love discussion and discourse so... Bring it on.

Viva la footytube.

Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Love your attitude toward Er Purpone  Cheers great read
Good stuff man, thank you
Nice one lyndon, it lasted as long as the film braveheart.... Lol, but a great read
Thanks a bunch netnerd, for someone with over 15,000 comments I'm finding it hard to say anything, as most of you know me anyway, but here goes......Tut tut, the things I do for footytube, as if the lb of flesh isn't enough.

I'm a 52 year old madman and former welder from belfast northern ireland, I have 3 children, and 5 grandchildren, who I adore.
I have been a member of footytube for about a year and a half, and was lucky enough to be asked to become a moderator after about 3 months, I was a bit reluctant at first, as I'm not the best on a computer which put me off somewhat, but I do like to think I know my football, which was my main reason for joining footytube in the first place, loads of highlights, chat, debate, banter {all good} no trolling....Lol.

I have supported man utd since I was 8 years old when I first clapped my eyes on george best, I didn't even know he came from the same city as me, that's how young I was, and he was my reason for supporting utd, had he played for liverpool, or whoever, I would have probably ended up supporting them, but I'm glad with georges choice of club, and I'm sure he was too.
Heres a little video of the man himself, who's messi?

I attended my first utd match at old trafford when I was 12 years old, with my dad and uncle {whos still a utd season ticket holder to this day}, utd beat crystal palace 4-0 and to my dismay, best didn't play well at all, which gutted a 12 year old as you can imagine.
I have since been to many league, fa cup, champions league games involving utd and seen them play nearly every top team in europe, and usually get to 3-4 games a season funds willing...Lol.
Heres one of my favourite games I attended at old trafford, man utd 7-1 roma.

My son and myself have been very lucky to have met many of utds great players over the years, and had a few pics taken etc, check my albums on my profile page.
We have met gabriel heinze, david may, paul parker, dennis irwin, and numerous other irish man utd players, like the evans brothers jonny and corry.
I did meet bestie many moons ago, and paddy crerand,two gentlemen.

My other love is my country, northern ireland, who are nearly always the underdogs, the way we like it for a country of 1 and a half million.
We have caused many an upset over the years with our never say die attitude, and we have beaten the best in europe, like spain home and away, germany home and away, and england....Well lets be honest, who hasnt beaten england....Hehehehe.
Heres a video worth watching as northern ireland and david healy put spain to the sword in a 2008 qualifier, with a healy hat trick, yep, a hat trick against the mighty spain.

I hope this has told you a little bit about me and if you want to add me as a friend, theres no barbed wire around me...Lol, I don't bite, or leave a message on my wall and I will get back to you asap
Awesome read Tony, thanks
A struggle ant.... Lol
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Damn, I wasnt even alive during the Best Era yet that video was inspiring, nice read tony
Still brings a tear to my eye that video, who's messi? .... Lol
Great idea for a thread and two great reads to start with.

Thank you guys. You are worse than I thought. Lol.

Thanks for sharing
3 years ago
Come on Tony, get your finger out - your public awaits
Barsteward
Good idea, this gives me the opportunity to excuse my behaviour before people label me as the inappropriate joker Let's make it a game to see how long I can keep this post about myself and not about one of Barça's heroes.

So hey, I'm Jeroen, a 24 year old Belgian kid obsessing with Barcelona FC and you can always find me in the Barça chat. I'm a college student majoring in applied economics, although my real passions are history, philosophy, music, films, various other arts (painting in particular) and of course football. Feel free to check my profile to learn a bit more about the stuff I like if you're interested.

I have loved football from the moment I was born apparently, because as soon as I was given a spherical object I started kicking it. And although this usually is the opening line of a book about football prodigies like Messi (oops, game over), I never made it to the top, because I've never been ambitious to become a great and quite simply because I lack any sort of talent Messi has. I started playing as a left-back, but after a few years I asked my coach to put me in the midfield, because I felt my duties were far too defensive-minded. So I was moved up to play as a left winger, then a central midfielder because of my one quality: distributing the play. Hence my irrational love for playmakers, which must also be a key reason I love Barcelona, a team with a history of great playmakers, so much. My favourite players are not coincidentally Cruijff (my personal hero), Xavi, Iniesta, Bergkamp, Henry, Zizou and little Leo Messi - most of which are/were great playmakers.

I like giving my opinion about pretty much everything, so please always consider it's just one opinion of one Barcelona fan. And although I consider myself as not very biased, in the end everyone is. I do have the courage to admit I like our eternal rivals Real Madrid, simply because they are the other part of one of the greatest rivalries in football history, play nice football and make games such as these possible:

A bit of a cheap shot, but moments like these are hard-coded into my memory. Better luck next time Madridistas

I stopped playing football in my team 6 years ago, but still often play with friends, and with my futsal team. Aside from playing and watching football, hanging out here and working for uni every now and then, I also like drawing and painting, I love going to the movies and I love playing strategy games - whether they're board games or computer games. And I used to play the drums, but since I moved out to go to college, I couldn't find the space for my set any more, so I sold them.

I joined footytube about two years ago, when it was the beginning of the end of FT 1.0 and the beginning of, well, the beginning of FT 2.0; the one you're on right now. Shortly after posting a very sexist joke, I was invited into the mod squad.
After 2.0 was launched, the footytube Gods created dreamfooty - the fantasy league game of our beloved website. I immediately got quite obsessed by it, and with Xavi and Messi as my star players, I won the first season it was held.
The inevitable worldwide fame ensued. And as I was beating off the cheering women wherever I ventured and tearing coaching contracts to shreds (notably the Real Madrid one), I was given a very pleasant surprise by Matt & Lee, the footytube big shots. Even though no prize was promised to the winner, I was given no less than 350$ (and a footytube shirt, ball, and some more stuff that is still on it's way apparently ) for my stroke of luck. Solid proof that the footytube towers are ran by men with big hearts.

Right, enough banter, I hope you will enjoy the tube as much as I do, and I really hope to see you all in the many different parts of our forum. I'm always happy to see other people's vision on the beautiful game, but also on politics, music, films and every single thing that keeps people occupied.

Whenever you feel like chatting, or in case you've got a query or a footytube suggestion, drop a line on my wall, or add me and use the meebo chat thingie Oh, that reminds me; I'll copy Ant and post a picture of myself (I only have this 2 year old picture on my computer here, but the only difference is I now have more work shaving in the morning) so you know who that Jeroen guy is:

Cheerio!

J
Maybe I'm ill in the head but I love reading these stories
You're not alone, I like getting to know people with a bit of a story to tell as well
Jaroen, you're a footytube legend!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Just to avoid confusion: I no longer am a mod, I'm just a freeloading user now
Hey all,

After an awesome suggestion from my favourite Greek/Irish staff member Lyndon, I figured it was high time to make a topic where the staff can say hello to all the new and existing members.

I'm Anthony, an Irish guy living in New Zealand. I've loved football since I was about eight years old, and can remember fondly watching the 1990 World Cup (yes, that long ago) at home as a kid when Ireland managed to get to the quarter finals in their very first World Cup. We were always the underdogs, so I think the whole world fell in love with the team back them, as we went against all the odds. You have never experienced a party like we had in Ireland at that time.

Ireland's story in World Cup 1990

Now that I'm all grown up, I work as a stretcher bearer manager for several teams, like the All Whites (New Zealand International team), and the Wellington Phoenix (New Zealands most successful club team). I wrote up a huge blog about it here, please have a read if you get a few minutes.

NZ vs Bahrain, Wellington 2010 (I'm the tall, non-asian one).

A shot I took of the crowd from pitch

A picture of me, on my own telly, during the 6pm news. Just appeared as I was watching the news.

Living in New Zealand, its quite hard to watch a lot of English premier league matches with the time difference, but I still find room to maybe watch one or two games a fortnight, even though they kick off at 2am here.

Regarding footytube, I used to use it back when it was a little blog. Once it turned all professional and slick like it is now, I was amazed by the community and features and got heavily involved in the forums. I did my bit to maintain the peace as a user, and tried to write up some interesting articles. After a few months, it turned out the guys that work for the site had been watching me, and Lee, Matt and Charlie put forward my name among the other staff to be promoted up to moderator status. Since then, I've been actively modding the website for about two years now, and love it to bits. It's my one-stop-shop for all news, highlights and interesting chat.

I also run a bunch of the "comedy" on the site and used to be the funny one until I got all serious. I run the "Agony Ant" topic where people can ask me nonsense questions about their life issues to get nonsense answers. I also run a regular photoshop competition.

I'd love to see some more videos and pics of you lot enjoying football, or even tell me a story about some football memories you have of playing the game.

So, hey everybody, hope you feel like you know me a little better now. Feel free to add me as a friend, write on my wall, drop a line here and say hello. I hope you all enjoy the site as much as I do.

See you around

Ant
A cracking round up from a football nutcase, good read ant, surely others WILL follow?
Very interesting, mate. Read your blog as well, that's a great job!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football