Forums / New to footytube? Introduce Yourself
Order: Newest / Oldest
Hello, And A Quick Question
Ash1soccer (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Hi. I am new here. I just joined a few minutes ago, at the suggestion of someone I play football/soccer with.

I haven't been on many football/soccer sites where there are forums, so I am not sure what to call the game. I don't play American football, even though I live in the United States, so I am used to thinking of the English football as football. However, many of the people I play with think of it as soccer, so I am used to calling it both. Which way should I refer to it here. I prefer using its original name, but if there will be confusion from that then I will call it soccer.

Any way, thank you, I am really excited to get started taking part in this site
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Hi korin, and on behalf of the footytube staff, welcome to the site.
As you are new to the site, please have a read of our community guidelines, it will clear up a lot of confusion by letting you know the do's and dont's on footytube, and is well worth a look at, I have left you the link below korin.
If you have any questions or problems regarding the site, don't hesitate to contact myself or any of the other staff members here on footytube, and we will do our best to sort you out.
Regarding the use of the word soccer/football, we have a lot of american users, most of them would call it football, so maybe you would be better doing the same, because they have taken flak in the past from our european users when they were calling it soccer.
Anyway korin, enjoy the site
Good luck

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/the-stands-general-footy-...
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Alright Korin, welcome to footytube mate, its the place to have fun and enjoy yer footy or Football, if anybody slags you off mate just ignore them theres no shortage of fools, for the rest I hope you enjoy the forums /chats if you get bored you can always check out the united chat (popular channels) its always busy, ok have a great time ! Ciao Patrick
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Welcome to footytube Korin, Football/soccer doesn't matter to be honest, my girlfriend calls it worse names "are you watching that ******* **** again!" Lol

Hope you enjoy the site mate, see you around!
Ash1soccer (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Thank you very much for the warm welcome I really appreciate it. Tony, I will check out those guidelines now, thanks for the link. Redsince63, I will make sure to check out the United chat. I am a fan of most BPL clubs, not just Arsenal. I follow the game more for the amazing play than because I prefer one team over another

Kick4Life - changing lives through football