Forums / New to footytube? Introduce Yourself
Order: Newest / Oldest
Hello All!
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hey Trent welcome to the fun side of footy, have a good time and enjoy the good times at City ços if the bubble bursts.... The slide downwards will be rapid !
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Welcome to the site Trent.    The more the merrier, hope to see you about!
T11D (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Hi T11D, and on behalf of the footytube staff, welcome to our wonderful site, well we think it is.
If you have any problems or questions regarding footytube, don't hesitate to contact myself or any of the staff members here on the site, and we'll do our best to help you out.
As you are new to the site, do have a read of our community guidelines, theres lots of good info in there and the do's and dont's on the site etc:
I have left you the link below.
Welcome again, and enjoy the site......Cheer's

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/the-stands-general-footy-...
My name's Trent, I'm a Man City from the US.... A rare thing for now, but the ranks are growing! I've been following the Prem for 4 years now; things have sure improved since the Martin Petrov and Stephen Ireland days

I'm a huge fan of youngsters, love teams that build from within-- shoutout to all you Everton supporters out there. Now that FFP is in effect, hopefully City will move away from buying overrated £30 million oldies.

I can't believe I just learned about footytube, but I am fully stuck in already!
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Welcome!

Imo buying players isn't City's problem. Its taking a 35 million Euro risk on a player like Balotelli and Tevez or a young player like Milner when there are possibly better alternatives out there.

The biggest problem though was the early days when there wasn't much direction in the club and it seemed like they were buying any player which had scored double digits in goals, actually not just buying but in many cases overpaying for them
I'd agree. Mark Hughes' impetuous signings--Roque Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge, Jo, Adebayor to name a few-- have set the club back a great deal. Now Mancini can't sign who he wants 'cause these money grubbers won't come off the books (ironic considering the financial outlay that the club has had since Sheik Mansour's takeover.
Barracuda (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I doubt that you would have been able to get the current squad you have right now in your first spending spree.

Hughes signing weren't brilliant, but they did raise the profile of the club and helped in attracting better players

Kick4Life - changing lives through football