Forums / New to footytube? Introduce Yourself
Order: Newest / Oldest
HELLO
Jayjaybird3 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
HI. I'm Jessica! I love Arsenal and Real Madrid. They'll cause me to retire into an early grave one of these days I just know it!
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Welcome to footytube Jessica! Have a look around and familiarize yourself with the community guidelines to keep yourself out of trouble

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/the-stands-general-footy-...

Anyways if you have any questions, just ask Tony or Ant or any of the other staff with the blue stickers, they'll be happy to help you out. I'm not staff, but you can ask me too if you'd like. Enjoy the site,

Cheers
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Hai! Me be staff, you be Jane?
I'm sorry for the silly comment, but I find the recent surge in female users a bit unsettling. I'm not used to talking about football in the presence of women. I mean, I've explained the off-side rule too many times.

Right, sorry again, that was my best Andy Gray imitation. Welcome! Are you and all the other girls a bunch of friends, or is this all just a strange, strange coincidence?
Lesubjonctif (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Wow. Okay then.... Maybe you should worry about updating the site more, as the club rosters are quite outdated, instead of worrying about having to explain the offsides rule to women
Hm, I guess a joke isn't appreciated. It was a joke just to be clear. Google Andy Gray if you want
3 years ago
Are you serious?
Well, I think you've been cheating yourself out of enlightening conversations on the subject of Football from a different perspective (and no, I'm not talking about drooling over looks or anything)
There are score of female fans in football who love the beautiful sport and, you know, actually know what the offside rule is and can talk team tactics with you(shocker I know).

As for me and the other girls, well I guess it's just a coincidence? Maybe, or maybe not. But it sure is nice to have allies in this apparently male dominated place.
Smarvelous (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Why is the offsides rule the test to end all tests of a woman's football knowledge? Honest question--because I find it easy to understand, despite being of the ~gentler sex
Link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Gray_ (footballer_born_1955)#Commentary_career
-.-

@Smarvelous: I've no idea. My girlfriend understands the basics of the rule (it is pretty complicated in certain situations though), and I don't think any woman that likes football doesn't understand it
Itssabotage (CA River Plate) 3 years ago
You're so welcoming to new female members!
Oh, I know all about Andy Gray + Richard Keys. I followed that saga from Day 1. I don't think you'll find discussing football with women who love the game is much different from discussing it with men
3 years ago
Do you really think we don't know about Richard Keys & Andy Gray? Sian Massey? Some of us watched Wolves - Lpool. Do you need to know the scoreline? Lineup? Number of passes it took before the third goal was scored? Give it up, dear
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Any way to rewind time to give a proper welcome?
If you all know Andy Gray and the Massey incident, why are you so offended? Doesn't make any sense to me. Anyway, welcome I guess, although I can see I can't make any controversial jokes any more. I feel like the one guy in an all-female class
Just so used to guys belittling us because we are female football fans that's all! It's been pretty bad recently so it's a sensitive subject for the most part
Well the only bias you'll find on footytube is positive bias towards girls. I doubt you'll ever be disrespected or less valued just because you're a girl. In fact, there used to be a bit of a riot about users obsessing with Darkinja (who knows her football btw). So the one thing you can expect that may be annoying is lonely souls bugging you
Kittje (FC Utrecht) 3 years ago
I lol'd tbh
Pnylove415 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Maybe if you didn't feel the need to make sexist jokes you wouldn't have to feel ganged up on. I don't expect to make jokes in a room full of boys about them having small.... Ehhem.... And expect not to be called out by everyone of them. If you have a problem with people taking offense to something that IS offnsive try to not put your foot in your mouth.
If you want to make "controversial jokes" it is best to do when you know someone so they can join in on your laugh, if they want. Just something to think about
Haha I look forward to it =/.    Thanks for the welcome!
Ouch, Jeroen, you're getting bashed here
I love it when women make jokes, no matter about what. And tbh women (and men) here in Belgium do too; I really don't see why there should be any boundaries in humour, but maybe it's just me then.

Edit: I guess Kittje got it. Pfeew
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
It was nice most of you joined on valentines day, brought a bit of sunshine to footytube, your most welcome
Well, I do what I can to brighten other people's lives
Boundaries, no; good taste, yes. If you meant no harm by it, then no foul, but try and consider the circumstances you make your jokes in.

Aww, thank you Tony ;D

Ilu Kittje. Let's cross reality boundaries and have sassy children together
We can have beautiful real madrid oranje bbs
I'll start the nursery now
ChIeFSmOkInGCaR (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Whats the offsides rule?
ChIeFSmOkInGCaR (Manchester United) 3 years ago
.... Jk lol
3 years ago
Hey boo! (:
Hey hottie
Itssabotage (CA River Plate) 3 years ago
Hey girl!
Hay girl haaaay
Right, sorry for any confusion, I didn't mean to offend anyone or anything but Andy Gray and sexism. We mods just have to keep spammers and fake users in check, and tbh I kind of assumed a bunch of guys were taking us for a ride instead of really considering you all may be genuine female footy lovers. Sowwy.

So a true welcome to footytube, enjoy your stay and be careful for idiots like me
Raj (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Brownie points ahoy !
Crumpeteer (Barcelona) 3 years ago
No worries, love. I speak for myself in saying I'm definitely a girl
I did not mean to get overly defensive, but its easy to be wary of certain comments when you regularly meet those who trivialize your interest in a sport because you're a woman. Thank you for the welcome!
Bethicus (Liverpool) 3 years ago
All the girls who have come since yesterday.... Are all actually girls and we all definitely know the sport.

I know I for one, knew you were joking, but I know that I personally am not used to talking to men about footie, only girls. So everything is new but since I know these girls I would like to just say that we all know our stuff.
Haha, no we are all real I assure you, although I can see how you would think trolls had crashed your site. Thanks for the welcome
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Well, as you seen, we try to keep on top of trolls, hence you being checked out.
Its just odd that soooo many of you joined at the one time, maybe we panicked.... Lol, its not something we are used to, plus you all tended to stick together and never really entered any of the forums, it all looked a little sus.... Lol
Your more than welcome, maybe some women round here might wise a few up, or scare the crap outta' them that they are speechless.... Lol
Lol yes my general Lala told me about y'all checking our reality. Sorry to scare with the en masse join, we all found out about it at the same time
It was like a flash mob had just turned up all at once and started greeting each other! Its good to see new faces though, so go nuts and enjoy yourselves around the site
Haha General Lala. Love it. I want to be a captain or lt maybe?

@ant actually we are sort of akin to a flash mob. I like that phrase. But not really pointless.

Lol you're Capt. Beth and I am Lt. Bee, we have been promoted.

@Ant is there somewhere for me to request a player on the Dream Team game? I want Luiz for mine but he isn't listed for Chelsea
@Ant and Tony- yeah, that does look a bit suspicious! But we're real people and we're actually women! It was just a domino effect of one of us finding the place and then sending it 'round
Hey Pny, sorry but when we set the Dreamfooty teams up at the start of the season, we lock each player in with the club he is at when we start. One of the main reasons is because each dreamfooty team can only have two players from any one particular team. If I had, say, Drogba and Cole as my Chelsea players, and had Torres as my Liverpool player, when he moved from Liverpool to Chelsea, my team would break. You know what I mean?

There are a load of other reasons too, but that's one of the main ones. We're not lazy, but we can't update the team rosters mid game
   Can WE welcome ME?    
Lalalalynds (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Stop being so needy.  Just kidding, I love you boo! Xoxo
I can't help it! xxxxxxxxxxx + some oooooooooooooo's followed by xxx
Margariita (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Welcome jessica! Hahaha
Hello!
Welcome darling!
Thank you sugar plum
Margariita (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
.... Why did half of my comment disappear? Is it because I said a s s?    Anyway
Nothing should have disappeared? Lets call it a glitch. The forums are mostly automated
Madridista/Gooner hybrid? Perfection! Hey bb
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Hey, and welcome to the site.... Hope you are enjoying it so far?
Aaron222 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
This Forum is "epic" haha.... Viva España! (I'm from spain. Nice to meet you Everyone!
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 3 years ago
This is a lovely place filled with something you see less often than a Kaka endorsement.... Ok you see those quite often, but my point is welcome to the ladies, who are ladies and welcome to the girls wanting attention from footy loving boys cha ching. Ring my bell. I'm making a cake with the brownie points over here

Kick4Life - changing lives through football