Forums / New to footytube? Introduce Yourself
Order: Newest / Oldest
Greetings!
CRC2421 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hi Everybody,

My name is Graham, I'm 27 years old and I'm from the US. I've actually been a footytube member for about a year, but never got up the nerve to post on the forums until now. I originally came upon footytube from the website Who Ate All The Pies, originally just to watch recap footage but then stumbled onto Dreamfooty, which I absolutely love. One of the best fantasy-team systems I've seen so far.

Anyway, I've followed the sport as long as I can remember. I played for local teams as a kid, but I had no concept of the sport as a profession until the '94 World Cup. Forgive me, I was only 9 years old at the time. Coverage of the sport here was limited despite the WC, and it wasn't until the 99/00 season that I was able to get access to Premier League games.

I figure that was a good starting point as a United fan, winning the Treble the same year I laid eyes on them? Haha.

I've invested a lot of time and spare cash into United, seeing them on their American tours and gathering up all the historical knowledge I can get my hands on. I recognize for United it's not all about trophies, they have a rich history including plenty of low-points (not just the 6-1 to City, mind) and my fandom comes from the appreciation of their triumphing over various adversities rather than simply the trophy cabinet. City nicking it last year didn't get me down, it just made me excited to see United rise to meet a new challenge.

Currently I play for a local "pub team" as a fullback/winger. One day I'd love to coach my own team -- I spend a lot of time when I'm not watching games brushing up on tactics and strategy.
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Hi graham, and on behalf of the footytube staff, welcome to our great site.
If you have any questions or problems regarding footytube, don't hesitate to contact myself or any of the other staff members here on the site.
Great to see another united fan, I get to old trafford a few times a season myself.
As you are new to the site, do have a read of our community guidelines mate, I have left you the link below.
Good luck and enjoy the site

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/the-stands-general-footy-...
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Welcome to the site Graham, always good to see new members signing up for the new season, been ages since someone introduced themselves too!

You've found a good friend in Tony there, he knows the site inside out! Lol

Take it easy mate and enjoy the site, hope to see you around the forums a bit more!

John
CRC2421 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Thanks gents for the warm welcome!

Nice to meet some footy fans outside my normal circle. I look forward to the Dreamfooty season, as well as striking up conversations on the forum now that I've made myself known.

Cheers
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Welcome to the site Graham As a foreign fan, I understand how easy it is for people to quite simply look at your location and unfairly write you off as a gloryhunter. However, we've got quite an international selection of members here, and I'm sure you'll find yourself at home at discussions about the game, dreamfooty or whatever the flavour of the month is.

Good luck with your current team, and for your coaching aspirations in the future! Catch you around.

Maddy

Kick4Life - changing lives through football