Forums / New to footytube? Introduce Yourself
Order: Newest / Oldest
Cool Site!!
AnthonysOpinion (Atlético Madrid) 2 years ago
I am a dad, a husband, and a football fan.

I am getting more interested in trying Football Manager, but since family comes first to me I am wary of the time commitment that game seems to demand.

I have rooted for Los Rojiblancos since little Juninho was there before he went to Middlesborough

From Spain '82, I rooted and rooted for España to win Cups just to be disappointed at every turn. These last four years have without a doubt been the Golden Age of my football fandom.

Oh, by the way, I realized too late I did not have to fill my 5 bench spots in DreamFooty. My XI would have been much nicer
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Hi tony.... I'm a dad, husband, grandad, and a mad football fan myself, and a member of staff here at footytube, and on behalf of the footytube staff welcome to our site.
As for spain 82, I remember it fondly as a northern ireland supporter.... Lol, one of our finest hours it must be said.
Anyway tony if you have any problems or questions regarding footytube, don't hesitate to contact myself or any of the staff members here on the site.
Welcome again, and enjoy the site
Thanks a lot! This community seems cool. Biggest shocker thus far is that the people most helpful to me are Manchester United fans. Have I misjudged you lot for this long? Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to rethink why I've disliked Sir Alex
You will probably find the reason for that being.... United have a lot of supporters on this site, so there is every chance you will run into one.... Lol
How could you dislike saf?
Congrats on last nights result in the supercup
(Hopefully, a long story short.) Well, I was drinking beer in a sports bar in DC watching the Champion's Cup ('Net researched has nailed to 98-99 final: Bayern Munich - Man Utd).

United was down 1-0.... The crowd was somber. Some subs were made. Near the 90th minute, United equalizes. Then, even more shockingly, they netted a winner in regulation. Chaos ensued.

What struck me most vividly was a completely sauced Englishman bellow, "Alex Ferguson is a F---in' Genius!" Right there began my hate for Sir Alex and, by extension, Manchester United
Well the englishman was not telling any lies, the mans record speaks for itself.  Its true they only hate the great and the good.... Lol
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Welcome to the site Tony, I have been playing dreamfooty for 3 seasons now and I'm still rubbish at it! Lol

Always good to see new members posting, hope to see you around a bit more mate!

John
Thanks! I figure one or both of you could help with a problem: (Copied from a different post)

Hi,

I sent a comment into, apparently, the netherworld; I have not received a reply.

When I made my account, I did not proofread my username. I wanted to make it "AnthonysOpinion" but I forgot the "S". Not really sure Who I need to contact with regard to this issue. If anyone can help direct me to the right individual, I would be most appreciative (2 clicks for COOL, for sure!).

Thanks to the First Responders!
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
If you post your name change on Matts wall he will sort it out as soon as he has a spare minute,

Link: www.footytube.com/profile/matt?ref=search_as...

Just leave a wee message on his wall and he will get to it.
Much appreciated GreatScot. This really is a cool site
You want an "s" added to the end of your name tony? .... Ie: "anthonysopinions"
This is perfect. Just like my Twitter Handle. I'm good.

I only have one opinion at a time anyway. In fact, my wife laughed when I told her my Twitter handle and said you don't have any opinions, you just go with the flow. Lol.

She just never asked me about football
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Welcome to footytube! I see that you Athletico Madrid supporter. Love the game between Athletico and Chelsea, absolutely love it. Welcome once again and see you around. Do svidaniya...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football