Forums / Frequently Asked Questions
Order: Newest / Oldest
What The Heck Is Fan Valuation Anyway?
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
If you see anyone asking this, send them here.

Fan valuation is an automated way for the site to judge how good of a user you are. If you post long, well spelled comments with no swearing, no "txt spk", no hatred then the system will automatically award some valuation to you. Over time, this grows and we get a picture of how good a user you are.

At present, users with a higher fan valuation can buy better dreamfooty kits for example, but with the soon to be announced new top secret features, fan valuation could suddenly become very important.

Full details of what FV is here: Link: www.footytube.com/forums/new-user-faqs/faq-fan-val...

Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I get questioned about it on a regular basis ant, one guy even said I had to explain it to him "completely", I won't tell you the answer he got.... Lol
I don't mind the league table based on comments, but I fail to see the need for the monetary value?  Why?
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Because the owners of footytube are also the owners of Man City
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
When stuff like prediction leagues get switched on, having a value there will mean you have more 'money' to spend. Meaning more reason to be a good member of the site, not a troll
Whens this happening ant? .... Lol
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 3 years ago
New top secret features? .... Ooooooooohhhhh
Naushad (Mohammedan Dhaka) 2 years ago
I have been using this site for about a year now but I have no Fan Valuation points

The FAQs of FV say

"What is Fan Valuation?

Your fan valuation is our assessment of your contribution to the footytube community. It is a monetary value calculated from all of your activities around the site, and in the forums. Activities can include updating your profile, adding photos, taking part in quizzes and fantasy league, making a positive contribution in the forums, helping the moderators out with special requests, and even just surfing the site and watching videos. "

I don't post much comments but I regularly surf the the site have an updated profile added photos watch videos I also supplied logo for some of fan pages if that's not making a positive contribution I'm not sure what is....

It would be great if the FAQs is updated if the Criteria of valuation has changed.

The FAQs it also says Fantasy league budget might depend on FV is it true for this season? I though only Kits were dependent on FV this season of Fantasy league not the budget.
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
The fan valuation is mostly based on your activity in the forums, so only posting 30 comments in 6 months probably has not alerted the system that you are 'active' yet. The site thinks you joined in about 9th May, 2011, is that right?

I would suggest you try to add some insight and comments to threads you like the look of, and make some new friends (and rivals!) on the site. Within a few days of this I bet your valuation will rise.

Also, you are right - this year fan valuation does not add extra budget to buy players. All non-pro teams were given extra spending money to let them spend 115 million. Usually they would have gotten 100 million and up to 15 million bonus based on valuation, but to keep it close, Matt did the other option
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Would this not be better in questions and answers ant?  Maybe if they could see it, we would not get so many inquiries
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Yeah sure, I think theres already a question about it there but I'll put this in there too
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 2 years ago
Over all the fan value thingy is quite nice idea, but why does it shrink so fast? I don't like to comment nonesense on any video. Or have I to start a Topic "Whos better: Ronaldo or Messi? "?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football