Forums / Frequently Asked Questions
Order: Newest / Oldest
How To LOSE Fan Valuation And Influence The MODS
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
We've noticed a very tiny proportion of silly users, who are rather stupidly trying to increase their Fan Valuation.

Here's what they're doing:

1) Messaging people via meebo asking for 'cool' votes, etc.
2) Posting multiple short comments in team/league forums in the hope that we won't notice.
3) Creating multiple accounts to fake vote

Ooh clever idea right? Well nope, posting multiple short comments in quick succession, or spanning one comment across multiple posts will actually decrease your fan valuation, as it trips our filters and negative points are awarded.

There's also a hefty penalty for users who get comments deleted by the mods.

We also know exactly who the cuplrits asking for 'cool' votes via meebo are. As of today, we will be replacing all their cool votes with 'silly' and manually decreasing their valuation.

As for multiple accounts, vlad will be going through all users that have been doing this, and we will be adding fan valuation penalties where applicable.

The old adage that 'cheaters never prosper', is applicable to footytube too, so don't be silly folks.

Edit: If any of you get messaged via users on meebo asking for 'cool' votes, or spamming of any kind, message a staff member and we'll look at the meebo logs. If we agree they're spamming, we'll then immediately decrease their fan valuation. And don't forget to give them 2 silly votes while you're at it
Jamesearlgreen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I am now afraid to comment here
Myself (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Lol Jamesearlgreen,    I think this is good, because it's right.... Cheaters shouldn't prosper.
Muhamedvic (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Lol jamse  Yea now we afraid to put any comment !
Darksidekatana (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I'm not sure about the short comment thing what if you want to agree with someone on somthing but don't have much to say should you just leave the subject or what?
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
Nothing much will happen, just don't expect a fan valuation boost if a lot of your comments are like this
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Hey great stuffs, I recently came through a user who has a lot a lot of funny votes but when I go through their posts, I don't find them funny at all, however very stupid and silly. Great plan
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Guilty as charged
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
It's ok Ant, I'm sure footytubers understand your condition. It's not everyday mentally challenged people know how to access the internet. But that doesn't mean you have to create 103 accounts to vote yourself funny
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Lol Ant. I'm definitely not referring to you
Seantoon (Newcastle United) 5 years ago
The other day, someone came up to me on the chat and asked me to vote them "cool" several times.... It was very annoying :/
It's a very good idea by footytube to take action against people like that
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Yes, we know about this and it has been dealt with thank you
Koolomer (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Well I wanna ask some questions....

1)After buying players if get some amount left.... Can we utilize it somewhere or not?

2)Well can we post football news in forums from other wibesites by pasting them or giving the links?

I have posted this thing again as I didn't get reply from Ant.... So you guys better help me out
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I thought I saw him reply and say shorter is better. A sentence and a link is all you need to do. And yes you are allowed to post links as far as I know. Just don't overdo it with multiple posts in a row. Mods correct me if I'm wrong?
You're right, its probably best to just write a small one or two sentence summary of the news and then post a link, instead of copying and pasting the whole page
AniBhat (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Is it mean that in Meebo, their will not be any privacy ? If we 2 very close friends discussing something, like password or gossiping about any staff.... It will be noticed and that staff may take action after seeing that
If you are worried about security and privacy, I'd recommend chatting using something like MSN or Skype
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
Just to point out - we never read logs, in fact we don't have access to them. Only in the case of abuse / spam reports for a specified user would we be able to log a complaint report and have it investigated by the meebo team (not us).

With regard to staff gossip, we've seriously got better things to be doing than concerning ourselves with such things.

As with all Instant Messenger tech, you shouldn't give out any personal stuff like CC's or other details. Even over usual Instant Messenger, this is unsafe.

If you're uncomfortable, read the privacy statement over at the meebo site which should reassure you, or, as Ant says - use a desktop client like MSN
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I guess so too.... 'cause the Mods are way too free if they read chat logs...
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
Or you can do it the old fashion way and use something else, or actually speak to the person on the phone face to face or skype. This site is about footy not, your banking info, or the store you will rob the next night. Lets take some of the heat of the mods and more responsibility to ourselves, yea?
AniBhat (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Cool and it seems helpful, thanks
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Nice idea to make them pay. I'm not doing it though.... I hope - my fan valuation has been going up. The staff on footytube rule
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Well I do have to ask how so many people got their fan valuation increased. I remember 1 or 2 weeks ago I finally made it into the premiere then during the next round I was 8th in the champions, I kept on wondering how that was possible but I guess this explains it.

It also surprises me that the top 5 valuations belong to staff members. I know you guys have a life too and you are on footytube as much as we can be but it still seams a bit odd.
You can pretty much guarantee that we are on footytube more than an average user
Omar (Arsenal) 5 years ago
This seems like a logical step against spammers and what not.  I've never got a message from someone asking me to vote for them though....
Motto2k2 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I am very happy to know that you guys are taking this fan valuation very seriously when it comes to people trying to cheat the system. I feel more at ease knowing that the people on the top 100 didn't get there because they somehow cheated. I do not understand however why staff gets fan valuation
Everyone on the site, admins, staff and users, all have the same fan valuation algorithm run against them. It checks how good of a user you are for the site at midnight, every night. If you make good posts and provide a positive addition to the site, your fan valuation goes up. If you make a negative impact (swearing, hatred, racism) your fan valuation goes down. The staff are just users with a staff badge, nothing magical about it
Myself (Arsenal) 4 years ago
That is a hilarious profile pic Motto2k2.... Lololol
Some people are still spamming the forums, posting the same message over and over again all over the place. This will not only be picked up by the fan valuation code at night and punish users automatically, but also all of the mods are usually notified so we have to spend our time cleaning it up, which we don't like
Realmanchester (Manchester United) 4 years ago
What about this one user being a hater on the barcelona page? Does he get points off or what?
Devang (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Great job guys....  Keep it up!  
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
It is cool the way the staff has been working on that fan valuation problem because sometimes people put Rude to you even if you are never Rude to anyone just by judging that you are doing too great and not them.... I am glad that had find a way to make it fair
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Don't forget, it's against site policy to beg users for cool votes either in forums, on member walls or in meebo! If you do this a few times, it could trip a piece of code which automatically lowers your valuation.

Basically, if you want cool or funny votes just be cool or funny on the site, don't beg for them from other people.

Also, we've seen a huge rise in the amount of text speak in the forums, with shortened words like "u'r crzy" instead of "You're crazy". This is all picked up by the automated fan valuation script code which runs every night, and will hurt your valuation.

Things that will automatically lower your valuation:
* Typing in all capital letters.
* Typing in text or l33t speak.
* Multiple swear words in a post, even if you try to be clever about it
* Begging for votes and friends

Also, If a mod has to manually delete your posts because they break the rules, you're valuation will go down.

Things that are totally against site rules and will get you on a watchlist
* Racism, homophobia, hate speech, excessive swearing, threats, images of violence etc

Please just take your time on the forums, enjoy yourself without insulting or attacking others. Spell-checking before posting would be great, a lot of the newer browsers do this automatically (Chrome, Firefox).

Hopefully this answers a few questions as to why some peoples valuations are low or drop strangely.
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Wait. When you say typing in text speak do you mean any words abbreviated in that manner? Like Idk or Imo?
Yes, but mostly full sentences written in text speak. For example, if I had written this entire sentence here without any vowels.

All we ask is that peoples posts are readable and preferably spell-checked. Not everyone speaks English as a first language, so writing the posts in screwed up crazy hacker speak or text speak will not only make it hideously ugly, but harder for non-English speakers.

We're not trying to be cruel masters or force people to write in a strange way, just trying to make the forums as usable and intelligible as possible
Tintifra (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
I noticed when I attempt to use acronyms like "U. S. M. And. T. " for you. S. Men's national team (except without the periods), it's automatically corrected to lowercase, I suppose because of the filter on people typing in all caps. Does this negatively affect one's fan valuation?
Wow, that didn't turn out like I typed it at all. Haha. I intended to write "usmnt" as in United States Men's National Team.... Hopefully my question is still comprehensible.
Haha, yes, it won't affect your valuation. That's a text speak filter to stop people writing in shortened versions of words. For example, "u" becomes "you" automatically, unless you wrap it in quotes.

It catches everyone out, even lee who created it, but overall it does a fine job in making the forums more readable for everyone
Ok! Thanks for the explanation
Hey all, if you notice someone is begging you for cool votes or otherwise trying to cheat the system, please point them to this topic. If they write the same message to too many people, we will probably get notified if the automatic script doesn't catch it by itself.

Cheating the system is just cheating the other users who have earned their cool votes and fan valuation fairly. Don't let it happen, and please don't do it yourself.

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/site-announcements/how-to...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football