Forums / Frequently Asked Questions
Order: Newest / Oldest
FAQ: Fan Valuation
Rayplaybass (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Anybody....
Where is my fan valuation? How come I don't even have it on my page?
What do I need to do in order to have a fan valuation?
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Click your own profile picture and you shall see it in the middle right of the page
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yup, your valuation is
Fan Valuation£2.1m » 1179th

Also, to see how you compare, go here

Link: www.footytube.com/viewLeaderboard.php
Sjsung (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Just out of interest, I am wondering how successful PRO+ has been so far and how many members there are overall. Feeling the effect on my Fan Valuation ranking.
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
We've had an encouraging start. Everyone who has gone PRO seems very happy so far with very few cancellations. Dreamfooty bonuses especially popular, but it's also rather nice to browse footytube with no ads.

Don't think it would be pertinent to post actual numbers, but put it like this - would take a while to count up to
Anasni (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Ok  
Calciooo29 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
How can I change the name of my dreamfooty team?
You can't yet, send us a contact mail though, and we'll do it manually for you
On the FAQ it does state the the earnings cap is around the 50million mark, but ever since the PRO+ came out, the values have skied up!

So two things that I really want to ask:
1. Is there a finite cap limit (stated at about 50million on the FAQ)because over the last few weeks its as if the footytube community is undergoing "inflation"!
And
2. I know that PRO+ members get 25million extra (sadly I have no method of payment.... I'm only 14), but is it possible for non PRO+ users to acheive the same 70-90million that the PRO+ members are achieving?
Actually Yogan is incorrect there. We have recently made some changes, and removed the earnings Cap for PRO+ users and increased the cap to 60m for 'standard' users.

I had forgotten to update the FAQ, sorry for the confusion
No problem.  So then the caps will be 60million for standard users and about 90million for PRO+ users right?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I think there is no cap whatsoever for PRO+ users. But there is a free T-shirt! (waits for laughter)
OK, no laughter. Anyway, you know what I mean
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Haha.... LOL Jeroen
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
I have a funny question and comment. Here goes, I am now ranked 11th on fan valuation, which is great! So I thought I would have a look at the people to make up the top seeds in Premier. But when I looked around and more specifically at 11th, I wasn't there. I thought hmmm interesting, OH I KNOW its cause it doesn't update till Sunday. Right!

So I looked down at Champ, but I wasn't there either, wait a minute I wasn't even in League 1! I was at the top of league 2 still where I had been a week or 2 ago. Haha I thought it was funny, cause it said 11th, but showed me at 1st in League 2 with the closest friend to me in 2nd place in League 2 as 20 Million difference.

I now have a fairly secure hold on League 2 and may be in the consideration for League 1 if all works out maybe even Champ.

The strange part is I am not included in the "due for promotion" list at the bottom....

Keep up the good work guys, just letting you know of things here and there when I find them.

Cheers,
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Sometimes there are more than one users waiting for promotion into one of the leagues, and this may be why. They have 6 places at the bottom to mention some of the users waiting for promotion, and if there was more than six, it's probably just that you weren't included that day. Simple as that. I'm sure you'll be 11th now though.

P. S: Well done for getting higher than me
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 4 years ago
I just want to notice my problem. If I wouldnt who s gonna' solve it? I want to know the problem then I ll keep going on...
Pretty much what Brazillx says. My advice is to keep going - you are still a new user (less than a month of posts), and it takes awhile for the algorithms to get a feel for your posts.

Take a look at the other advice in here, refrain from making multiple, short posts that add no value to the conversation, and make sure you aren't breaking any guidelines that will result in posts getting deleted - which will result in heavy penalties - and you should be good.

Give it a few weeks, and if you still have a problem, give us a shout in the Fan Valuation Check Request Thread over here:

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/new-user-faqs/fan-valuati...
Thanks Lee
Everything s fine now, thanks for your care
Yesterday my fan valuation was nearly 7. 9 pound but now it is 1. 00. Can you tell me the reason of this?
Brazilix (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Quick look in this topic gives a some sort of an answer to your question. It is certain that fan valuation works in mysterious ways and like Jeroen in one of his posts said nicely :"Only the One knows about it, and He does not share power" . On a more serious note valuation can be lowered when you make a lot of short, misspelled posts (just few of the reasons).

So my best advice would be that you keep up your activity and eventually fan valuation will reflect how much you contribute quite fairly.

PS! If I'm awfully wrong and completely off track here, somebody pleas correct me
You're a legend mate answering everyone's questions, I haven't ever seen you answer a question wrong. I know, you may find it hard to spell correctly if you are only just learning English and you are foreign, but that's the way it goes. That's why a lot of foreign users disagree with the aspects of Fan Valuation.

Sometimes it doesn't matter though, I mean look at Franboy, in the top 50 of Fan Valuation and he's French!
ACMilan21 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
This may be slightly off topic, but I accidentally posted the same message twice because I accidentally double clicked 'Make Post', and it came up twice. I am not sure how to delete it.... Is there anyway to do so....
I don't want to look like I'm cheating to get my fan valutation up....
Sorry.
Anyways, the post is under Funny Old Game in the topic about 'Players that Look Old'. On the first page I replied to a comment, and I accidentally posted it twice.
Thanks for your time.
Ask a mod to delete it through meebo or email. It only takes a second to do it, so I'm sure they won't be fussed about taking up a second of their time to delete your comment. Hopefully it wouldn't affect your Fan Valuation anyway, I'm sure if they read what's here then they'll know about it. Well done for saying this though, if not it could be deleted because they thought you were cheating!
Keeper16 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I joined a little over a week ago, and still haven't seen any fan valuation news on my profile. What's up? Have I not made enough contributions or is something wrong?
It's probably mainly the first reason. The question you've asked is on page one of this topic, Lee precisely mentions it:

Post count DOES NOT equal post quality.

If you make lots and lots of quick, short and snappy posts, it's unlikely to increase your Fan Valuation, where as long comments which induce the reader and get them thinking about the topic are probably more likely to increase your Fan Valuation. As Lee says on the Community Guidelines, if you only do one or two of these longer, more interesting posts, it may even be more helpful to your Fan Valuation than lots and lots of little posts. Read here: Link: www.footytube.com/forums/the-stands-general-footy-...
Made it into a sticky, since this is probably one of the most sought-after topics
ToroNero (Liverpool) 4 years ago
This is more of a general interest of how the system works than anything else.

Is the ranking system based upon valuation (E. G. £50m = somewhere in the Premier league) or is it vice versa? As in, is there a finite amount of valuation spanned across all users or is it possible (though highly unlikely) that more than 100 users could achieve around the 50 million cap and mess with the league tables?

Hope that makes sense
I would also like to add that the system is being "too nice".

Previously, (as written in the FAQ) only 2 or 3 people had just over the 50million cap.
Now, the whole top 10 has way over the 50million cap.

From the FAQ:
Is there an earnings cap?
Yes. The most a user can earn is around the £50m mark.

Maybe ToroNero's question of a finite amount of valuation will explain this question...
I think he means how much you can earn at once, if I'm right. But I can't promise that I'm right about the earnings cap, you'd be better off asking Lee or Matt
Yeah this has changed since the PRO accounts became active. The FAQ needs updating
E1reddevil (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Can some1 please guide me with this.... M a noob.... Hav played other fantasy leagues and managerial games.... But I'm not really gettin the hang of this 1.... Where is the fan valuation shown.... When does the transfer market open and I did'nt get to sell my players when I first made my team, why? And how and when can I get promoted.... .... S. Oh. S
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Rayrulesohye (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hi guys i've been quite busy on the site over the last few days but my fan evaluation has not changed, is this due to the transfer window opening?
Hey buddy.

Nah' we've got a few issues at the moment. Working on them. I'd say leave off making any transfers while we fix. I would expect your valuation to go up by Wednesday (hopefully fix the issues fully tomorrow)
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Blooob (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Me too
Heartbreaker95 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Is there a rate or something?  After how many contributions does it increase or is it just random?
It increases if you do what the footytube creators think of as contributing as a genuine football fan to the website. So just do whatever you want to, but try to stay polite and constructive
Heartbreaker95 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Oh ok, thanks
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Just to confirm though, it is all automatic. Every night the code checks what you've done on the site the day before, so if you've made a few good, well spelled and decently long posts, it will reward that. However if your posts are full of swear words, text or leet speak, or if you spam the forums with the same post everywhere, the system punishes that.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football