Forums / Frequently Asked Questions
Order: Newest / Oldest
FAQ: Fan Valuation
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
What is Fan Valuation?

Your fan valuation is our assessment of your contribution to the footytube community. It is a monetary value calculated from all of your activities around the site, and in the forums. Activities can include updating your profile, adding photos, taking part in quizzes and fantasy league, making a positive contribution in the forums, helping the moderators out with special requests, and even just surfing the site and watching videos.

How is it calculated?

Our system uses some special algorithms that are far too geeky and technical to go into much detail about. But, you can be sure that if you are making a positive contribution to the site, your fan valuation will increase.

When do you work out new valuations?

Your fan valuation is calculated at Midnight (GMT) every evening. League promotion / relegation happens every Sunday at Midnight (GMT).

When and why does it decrease?

Your valuation can decrease for a number of reasons, including less activity / long periods of being absent from the site, negative feedback from the community (such as getting posts deleted in the forums), and simply because competition from other fans in your league is heating up! One of the easiest ways to screw up your valuation is by breaking the community guidelines (which are so simple to follow most people won't even need to read them). However, some people do break them without thinking, so it is always a good idea to give them a quick read. If you end up getting a Yellow Card, expect a big devaulation. If you get a Red and are supsended or banned from the site, you will be thrown out of the league altogether.

Do the moderators have a say in valuation?

Generally the moderators leave the system to caluclate valuations, but they do have the power to award / penalise users if they see the need. Moderators will never, ever be biased towards particular users - just like your Mum and Dad, although we do secretly have our favourite footytube offspring, that doesn't mean we will be giving you more pocket money! So, there is no point sucking up to the mods, or trying to curry favour in the forums, if anything, you would be more likely to be docked points for such cringe worthy behaviour!

How does the league system work - when will I get promoted / relegated?

There are 4 valuation leagues:- Premier, Champ, League One and League Two. Which league you are in is dependent on your overall fan valuation position in the community. There are currently 25 fans in each of the four leagues. Every Sunday there is a promotion round, which will see fans promoted / relegated depending on their position at the end of the week.

What can I use my earnings for?

Your earnings go toward your Fantasy League bonus budget. Everybody starts with £100m when they create a fantasy league team, but those users with additional valuation earnings, will be able to spend that money on extra/better players during the fantasy league transfer windows.

What happens if my valuation goes down during the transfer window?

If your earnings go down prior to a transfer window opening, and you have spent all your budget on players, you will go into the red. If you stay in the red, you will need to sell one of your players to make up the deficit.

Is there an earnings cap?

No. But there is a cap on dreamfooty budgets. The most a standard user can earn is around the £150m mark to spend on their team. However, users who upgrade to a PRO+ Account can go over this cap

I'm new to the site, will I get penalised?

There is a small penalty for very new members, but as you prove yourself and contribute to the community, you will quickly earn money and your rank will increase. It doesn't take long to be competing on an equal footing with the rest of the community..

Some people have a lot of posts in the forums, can I ever catch up?

One of the most important factors to remember on footytube is that post count DOES NOT equal post quality. If you consistently make quality posts that engage the rest of the community, then post count quickly becomes irrelevant. Naturally, you will need to prove yourself by making a fair number of quality posts before we can assess your valuation, but there is absolutely no need to be put off by those users with 1000's of posts - just look at the valuation leaderboard, those users on top are not the members that have most posts.
Chomps (Liverpool) 4 years ago
How do I play the league?
MariusV (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I was posting comments, just wondering around the site, enjoying it, my fv went from 1 to 3 to 6 to 7 to 9 and till it reached 20, and next day it went from 20 to 69m I didn't know what was going on, then the next day it went down to 4. 7m the next day went down to 0. 9, it kept on going down and down no matter how hard I worked for it, until it reached 0. No i've been trying so hard to get it up for about 2 months, but my fv has disapeared, and it will not go up no matter what, I asked the staff, and they say its all automatic. So I guess it won't go up anymore. Ever
Chomps, just pick the players, and the points will automatically go up,
Aw, its ok, I worked extremely hard for it, and it eventually went up by 7m, is that normal?
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
You make out FV is like earning the Medal of Honour. You shouldnt just write pointless crap to gain it like you do
Saunglinthu (Arsenal) 5 years ago
How can I get more money to buy the player?
Read above
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
How can I post in the forums?
We should move these replies to a how-to: Lose Valuation & Irritate People, thread
Rayplaybass (Liverpool) 5 years ago
It doesn't say above HOW you convert points or fan valuation into money.... I have 65 points which gives me nothing. If you say 1 point = $1000, I understand....

You gotta' work on your people skills, Lee....
Fan valuation has nothing to do with Dreamfooty points. It's based on your involvement and contribution to the footytube community.

Basically, make good posts, get active, and you fan valuation will go up
PimpPanther7 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Just go down to post a reply at the bottom of the web page
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Haha, it doesn;t look like he is fishing, ha ha  It looks like he is just waving it about, lol. Only joking
Dioptriev (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
Nice
Obijen2le (Chelsea) 3 years ago
He's probably exercising his hands
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Can we answer in french? Does it work?
You are free to post in french to your comment walls, and other french supporters walls, but at the moment the main forums are english. Next year there will be french / italian versions of footytube, so stay tuned
4 years ago
Is there a possibility in Romanian
Jayant23 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Well, you are currently writing in English, so what is the point?
Obijen2le (Chelsea) 3 years ago
You can. As long as you are not flaunting the rules
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Yes it is rather difficult for French to communicate. The simplest is to use a translator
That this (works) very well

Link: www.reverso.net/text_translation.asp?lang=FR&actio...
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I do not understand how his fan calculates evaluation. Yesterday I had 20 million -> 10 million today? It is possible to lose 10 million a day. I log every day, I work every day! ! ! I do not really thank you for an explication
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
10 million loss in one day seems a bit much, we'll look into it.

Bear in mind fan valuation is still very much beta.

It works perfectly for all those people that are consistent in their posting style. Well thought out, intelligent comments, with good grammar and spelling will be rewarded.

Hasty, and short one word answers containing TXT or L33t speak are heavily penalised.

So, if you were to logon, and make 50 small posts, with bad spelling, and don't add much to the conversation, our system will pick up on this and amend your valuation.

Those people that face no problems with valuation, are users that post consistent, in-depth comments that get people thinking and talking
Thank you for your answer. I love this site and fan valuation is very amusing. Only English is not my language and it is a shame to be penalized because we do a lot of French attempt
To integrate the forum in English. That is sad to lose 10 million in one day after much attempt
To make money hi hi hi soon the transfer happen lol. Good day
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
'Allo 'allo and I agree with Lee. Your valuation will probably rise back up
I hope so too lol thank you for watching
I came to 18 million today. I am reassured thank you very much
Timrodgers (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Ok this was good to read, now I know what to do to earn more money for the upcoming transfer season!
Achileus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Mr. Lee, I'm just want to know if I didn't manage the start of the season(august), than I have to wait till the next year or what? Thanks
You can join in any time, but you won't get any points for games that are already finished, unfortunately
Liverpoolboy39 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
YES! Finally a staff member in a football site who supports Liverpool! YNWA!
Waltermo (Manchester City) 3 years ago
Liverpool sucks
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Yesterday my fan valuation was 1, 6 million and today is up to 13 million, I am so happy right now because I think I worked hard for it but the question is should I get penalize by using it without making sure that it's real and not a mistake?
You won't get penalised, don't worry. The system is fully automated so it gives you a value based on what it thinks your value should be. We leave it alone to do its magic
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Cool! That's a relief.... Thank you for the reply
Bradfc (Newcastle United) 4 years ago
How do I start my fan valuation?
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
Every user has fan valuation, it starts when you register an account basically.    Keep contributing to the community and watch it soar
SamIwas (Manchester United) 4 years ago
My account doesn't have any fan vaulation.... I've been on for just about a month is there a waiting period vefore you are activated?
Waltermo (Manchester City) 3 years ago
I have not got fan valuation been on 5 months?
Heartbreaker95 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Is there a rate or something?  After how many contributions does it increase or is it just random?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
It increases if you do what the footytube creators think of as contributing as a genuine football fan to the website. So just do whatever you want to, but try to stay polite and constructive
Heartbreaker95 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Oh ok, thanks
Just to confirm though, it is all automatic. Every night the code checks what you've done on the site the day before, so if you've made a few good, well spelled and decently long posts, it will reward that. However if your posts are full of swear words, text or leet speak, or if you spam the forums with the same post everywhere, the system punishes that.

Blooob (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Me too
Rayrulesohye (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hi guys i've been quite busy on the site over the last few days but my fan evaluation has not changed, is this due to the transfer window opening?
Hey buddy.

Nah' we've got a few issues at the moment. Working on them. I'd say leave off making any transfers while we fix. I would expect your valuation to go up by Wednesday (hopefully fix the issues fully tomorrow)
ToroNero (Liverpool) 4 years ago
This is more of a general interest of how the system works than anything else.

Is the ranking system based upon valuation (E. G. £50m = somewhere in the Premier league) or is it vice versa? As in, is there a finite amount of valuation spanned across all users or is it possible (though highly unlikely) that more than 100 users could achieve around the 50 million cap and mess with the league tables?

Hope that makes sense
Sjsung (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I would also like to add that the system is being "too nice".

Previously, (as written in the FAQ) only 2 or 3 people had just over the 50million cap.
Now, the whole top 10 has way over the 50million cap.

From the FAQ:
Is there an earnings cap?
Yes. The most a user can earn is around the £50m mark.

Maybe ToroNero's question of a finite amount of valuation will explain this question...
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I think he means how much you can earn at once, if I'm right. But I can't promise that I'm right about the earnings cap, you'd be better off asking Lee or Matt
Yeah this has changed since the PRO accounts became active. The FAQ needs updating
E1reddevil (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Can some1 please guide me with this.... M a noob.... Hav played other fantasy leagues and managerial games.... But I'm not really gettin the hang of this 1.... Where is the fan valuation shown.... When does the transfer market open and I did'nt get to sell my players when I first made my team, why? And how and when can I get promoted.... .... S. Oh. S
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago

Kick4Life - changing lives through football