Forums / Frequently Asked Questions
Order: Newest / Oldest
Fan Valuation Check Requests
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
The fan valuation algorithms are still very much in beta.

If you think your fan valuation is wrong for some reason, drop us a post here so we can look into it. If we think you have a case, we can look into what is going wrong.

If you are a new user, make sure you read the Fan Valuation FAQ first and understand why your valuation is what is it

This thread is for legitimate WTF is going on queries only, not for general questions.
Jman008 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I have been a user for more than a month, this dosnt mean I am not a new User anymore, right? I seriously am about to like give up on this site because my FaN Valuation hasnt gone slighlty up in the past 4-5 days and its a bit annoying. Look at my profile, I know I complained once about this when I was a new user but it went up and I have been consistence since that day. I had something around 23 million and it went down out of nowhere to 9 million and it hasnt gone up much at all for the past week-10 days. What is going on? Is something wrong? I am looking at other people and I am posting and writing and making friends more than anyone else but it dosnt make sense why my fan valuation isn't going up. You sure nothing is wrong with the alogarithim beta?
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Its a completely automated system, so its not like you're being docked valuation. All I can say is to keep in mind the following when on the forums. My understanding is that:

The system rewards:
* Decent, long posts.
* Regular usage (valuation seems to be an average over a long period of time)
* Good spelling.

The system punishes:
* Text and leet speak
* Excessive swearing
* Short useless posts like 'lol', 'me too', 'i agree' etc
* Spam

Basically, if you take your time and write good posts, spellchecked etc, you'll get rewarded much higher than writing fifty really short, quick posts. I'm not saying that's what you do - just how you can gain valuation.

Recommend trying the above for a week or so and if your valuation has not gone up, come back here and let us know.

I currently see you at about 12 or 13 million
I just checked you today and can see you are up at about 40 million, so the lesson is: give it time
Ant, thanks so much dude, I greatly appreciate your help and also Lee's help to on various occasion, I seriously was about to quit this site going nuts "what am I doing wrong" haha, but they say patience leads to virtue. You were right, you have to wait a bit and give it some time for the calculation to go through. Thanks again, you guys are doing a tremendous job
Ben (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Awesome breakdown Ant.  Congrats Jsman you've got an extra £53. 8m in the bank (so far) keep up the good contribution.
Thanks Ben, loving this site more day by day
Lfcalan (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hey footytube staff members....
I've been using this site awhile but when I go to my profile, my fan valuation is not there....
What has happened?
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
Good question, we shall look into it.

If it doesn't appear in a few days, can you meebo one of the mods, or reply here to give us a poke? A few of our devs are on holiday this week, so we have a lot on our plates....

Apologies for the screwup though, you definitely should have valuation....
Lfcalan (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Thankyou so much! I have my Fan valuation points now~
You're welcome
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Hello, I have already read the fan system of evaluation but I do not understand!
I spend a lot of time here, my profile is complete, I write many post, I watch all the videos and yet I am only 16 million. I looked at other profiles which are much less active than me. They have more money? I put the links to compare. I love this site but it's frustrating to spend a lot of time without reward lol. Thank you for your answer

Link: www.footytube.com/profile/dalgl#/profile/dalgl...
Hi Franboy,
To be honest 16 million in one month is very good! After two months you will probably have 35 or 40 million and there's not a huge amount higher than that you can go. I've been here forever and I only have 50 or 60 million.

I say stick with it and see how much you have in two weeks, so October 15th
I hope so because I spend much time here lol. Each morning, I hope to make money with my many post
On3two (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Ok i've had my fan valuation points for a while, around 3m I think, and i've been busy so I haven't been on the site much in about the last week or so but my points have dropped down to 0. 7m. Is it normal for it to drop that quickly because I thought I was posting detailed and enough on forums before...
Hi there, I can't see anything particularly wrong with your valuation, so losing about 2m in a week of being away is probably right. It means someone who's been on the site for a good while and has a value of 21m (for example) could potentially take 10 weeks off and not lose all their money.

All I can say is to keep on trying! The better your posts and the more detailed and well spelled, the more valuation you will get by the automatic system
On3two (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Cheers! Ill take note
Charrua74 (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Hi Guys. I don't seem to have any fan evaluation points. I won a few of the funny caption comps and have made a number of video posts. I also think I have contributed to a number of forums with intelligent and constructed opinions. Can someone please check this out for me as I am desperate to get some points/funds so I can finally afford to buy some quality players next transfer window. Thanks in advance
Good point and thanks for mentioning it, I'll say it to the admins
Awesome. Thanks again
I still don't have any fan valuation. I'm getting a little worried. There are only 2 days left until the transfer window opens and I still don't have any $$$ to build my team. Please help. Is it because I'm a spurs supporter?
I have told the admins - I will ask again. Sorry, this is not normal
Hey Charr, don't worry we'll fix it, I think you should be on about 20-30m. We shall investigate, but hold tight for a day or two as it takes awhile to update.

But, you shall go to the ball
Fingers crossed lads as I have my dancing shoes on and I'm ready to boogie. Show me the money!
Hello, the fan evaluation is strange sometimes. You had said the last time, "lose 10 million in one day was not normal. " Tonight I lost 15 million while my activity on the site is the same. I went from 52 million to 37 million? Is this normal? You understand that it's frustrating to lose so before the transfer. Thank you for your reply
Blooob (Liverpool) 4 years ago
 Yeah I have kinda same problem I keep noticing that my points drops. But my activity is the same sometimes even more
Malosaim (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I'm contributing to this site every single day.... I vote, I see videos, I nominate for the best goals, etc.... But my fan valuation balance is $0. What's wrong?
Thenylo (Santos) 4 years ago
I'm have got a big fat zero since I signed up.... Do I only get valuations if another member rates my profiles? Because as far as just using the site regularly, I have seen no changes to my valuation section. Thanks for any help. I could use some extra cash to get me out of the 1200+ ranking
Hey guys, Matt looked into this last night, I *hope next valuation update will sort things.

It's complex - but we have so many new members contributing now, the script running the checks was bombing out after the 10, 000th user check....

Like I say, should be fixed on next update, so stay tuned. Thanks for everyone's patience.
Malosaim (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Thanks Lee.... I got the valuation...
Thanks Lee. Got my coin this morning. Time to go shopping. YEW!
Good work Glad it all worked out
Devang (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hey footytube staff members....
I've been using this site awhile now but when I go to my profile, my fan valuation is not there....
What has happened?
I had joined the community at last transfer window and now on this new transfer window I didn't get any extra budget to spend on this new transfer window this is so sad
I've logged in every single day since the last transfer window 2 watch new videos, check out my profile, my teams points etc. Please can you help me?
Ops sorry didn't read your last post there Lee.... Sorry for the newbee post....
But I was so excited about the new transfer window and I didn't get any budget to spend how sad
Hi Devang, your comments are too low for our algorithms to assess your contributions (only 7 comments so far).

Get these to around 30 or so, and you'll begin to get some points
Oh.... So that's why m not getting any fan valuation! Thanks 4 the help Lee!
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hey Lee, I've been an active member in this site for nearly a month, also I'm obeying all the rules and I think that I'm making quite a positive contribution. But my fan valuation never been up more than 6M. Also it devaluates very quickly and now I'm having only 3. 9M. I have never been absent to this site, I'm commenting daily in the forums and watching a lot of videos.

Any clue why my fan valuation always goes down by a big margin but raises only by a small margin?
Same as above Rockerr, we had some problems with the nightly script that was bombing out on the newer members.

It's fixed now and I see your valuation is 9m+ so all looks good
Thanks a lot sir
Jamal87 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Is it possible to earn Fan Valuation in time of the transfer period?  Or is it only possible bevor and after the transfer period?
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Theres definitely something wrong with the fan valuation scripts. This morning I was checking the top 100 leader board and 2 users stuck out from the others. Shegkar and StadeNyonnais have 37. 1m and 36. 6m respectively. How is this possible when they only have 40 and 25 comments and one of them hasn't even been active for a week.
I don't want to be mean to those 2 users but its just kind of unfair to me and all other footytube members so I thought i'd tell you about it, if you haven't noticed this already
Even I've seen many people with a lot of fan valuation, but only having 40 or 50 comments!
How is this possible? For instance this guy 'futbal' has some 27m fan valuation but made fewer comments than me?!
This sort of thing sorts itself out over a short period of time. If you feel they are cheating, get together a case and contact one of the mods and we can investigate. I have a feeling though that it might be possible to get fan valuation quickly but its hard to keep it unless you keep being a positive member of the site
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Well it could be because of the quality of the posts but how does somebody who hasn't been on footytube for a week and has 40 comments earn 37m?

I don't see how he could be cheating. The only cheating method I have read about is that people tell others to vote them cool or something like that but this guy has like 5 votes, that's not going to help him much
I wasn't insinuating anyone was cheating - its almost impossible to do. I was just saying if you believe someone is cheating, then make up a case or some examples and let one of the mods know. The scripts themselves are being investigated right now in case there's something crazy going on

Kick4Life - changing lives through football