Forums / Frequently Asked Questions
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Questions And Answers
Please check the DreamFooty FAQ before posting here.
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
If you have any Dreamfooty questions, please ask them in this topic and we'll try to answer them as soon as possible! I recommend reading the "info" section in the dreamfooty admin panel before asking the question, as there is a good chance its already answered there.

Link: www.footytube.com/dreamfooty/?type=info
Johnbull (Millwall) 4 years ago
I'm on my first Dreamfooty week and was wondering if there is a set time for the points being awarded? I know there is a problem with some players but I haven't received any yet
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Sometimes they get awarded midweek after a weekends games.... It all depends.... Safe to say if you are owed points, you will get them!
Monrovia (Manchester United) 4 years ago
All my players are not geting points not just playes from the spanish league
Iuzcr9 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
How add friends and get a rivals.... Thx
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 5 years ago
Not really a dreamfooty question, but it works like facebook, go to a user profile, click add friend (below their profile pic). If they are interested they will accept your request and you will become friends. You can then chat to them live in the instant messenger panel at the bottom of the screen.

Rivals, has no acceptance procedure, you just click rival on a persons name and they are added to your rivals list (and vice versa).

You may have a lot more questions about how footytube community works.

There's a detailed FAQ Here
Sebinho (Barcelona) 5 years ago
How do you play games with dreamfooty?
It's a fantasy league, points are awarded when your players score / keep clean sheets etc. In REAL games.

Read the FAQs guys
Magicstar (Inter Milan) 5 years ago
How could I get additional transfer money bonus?
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
That would be your Fan Valuation which goes up to 50 mil if your a good footytube user
Kosta (Bayern München) 5 years ago
Yes but who will valutate me and decide if I should get my fan valutation points?
It was all in my link. It isn't valuated by a person.

How is it calculated?

Our system uses some special algorithms that are far too geeky and technical to go into much detail about. But, you can be sure that if you are making a positive contribution to the site, your fan valuation will increase.
BlueMoon (Manchester City) 5 years ago
How are we able to view the points we have received?

When are the points updated (ie how long a delay between match or matches final whistle and the points postings)?
BlueMoon (Manchester City) 5 years ago
Sorry, stumbled upon the answer to the first question. Still curious about the second, though
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 5 years ago
Is it a good idea to go over your $$ limit? I put together a team that is within my $$.... Should I go over the limit? Is it worth it? Your thoughts please...
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
Your base rate + valuation limit is your cap. You wouldn't be able to exceed this if you tried.

I suppose it is best to buy players as close to your cap as possible, given they are players you believe will earn you points. I am 5 or 6 million under my cap because I believe my current squad will gather enough points without me having to splash a small amount on a mediocre player.

Thanks
I have a few questions to ask:
-am I by any chance going to play against another user with my team?
-if I would like to help add new player to the transfer market(for example totti to the serie a) would that be possible
-do the players ratting increas through out the season (or are the footytube moderators working on this by any chance)

Cheers and thanks to everyone that makes this work
Rather than face off against other footytube user's dreamfooty squads, you are assembling a team you believe will perform well in their respective leagues this season. You get points if the players in your starting XI are played or subbed on, as well as + points for goals, assists, clean sheets etc. And - points for own goals, red/yellow cards etc.

How are points calculated?

Goalkeepers & Defenders:
Clean sheet 8pts.
Concede more than 1 goal in a game -1pt per goal.

Midfielders:
Clean sheet 3pts.
Goal assist 5pts.

Attackers:
Goal assist 5pts.

All:
Goal scored 5pts.
Hat trick bonus 5pts.
Yellow card -2pts.
Red card -4pts.
Playing full game 3pts
Coming on as sub 2pts

Thanks for the offer and enthusiasm, it is really appreciated and the footytube team know that Serie A is the league with the most bugs. Serie A will be tweaked and hopefully fixed in the near future, featuring all your favourite players.

As far as I'm aware, valuations are fixed for the meantime. They may fluctuate come the next transfer market (typically every 6 weeks) given there are a lot of players yet to make their mark in different leagues.

To give you an example, Yuri Zhirkov is currently cheap in dreamfooty, valued at 6.7 million although many are tipping him to make it big in the league. If he turns out to be a star player and racks up goals/assists from his wing play, then he would be a bargain at his current price.

Thanks

Valuation Leaderboard | Valuation FAQ |Fantasy League FAQ
Oh and I forgot to mention what happens if a player gets injured
That's where the sub bench comes in to play. From your 'manage team' console on your dreamfooty page, you can sub off/on players in your starting XI.

Many users are spending all their ££/$$/€€ in their starting XI, but if a team member gets injured then they have no sub bench to rely on. You can always change your formation to accomodate injuries as well! Say you play 2 up front and one gets injured and you have no striker on the bench, then drop a player into midfield and sub on a midfielder.

All about risk assessment! I am playing it safe by keeping 3 players on the bench.

Valuation Leaderboard | Valuation FAQ |Fantasy League FAQ
Hey Andy.... Thanks.... BTW I just went in to change my team but when I set it.... It went back to the one I had earlier.... Are we only allowed to set it once? I swear it went back.... Really. I really need to reset it to get more bench players
Did you click the 'save team' icon on the bottom right?

Click reset button along your top console and then save team when you are happy with the changes.

Yesterday I revamped my entire team and forgot to hit it! Took me a while to remember all my signings
Hey Matt.... Just so you know.... The reset button is not working.... Tried it a couple of times.... Won't let you reset team.... Get it fixed asap.... Please.... My team sucks and I need a bench.... Help Mr. Wizard!
Hmmm.... Maybe Matt closed the transfer window already...
Nope he didn't I just bought a new player
Oh yeah.... Suckin up to the man.... Sure.... We got it now mate! Just kidding dude.... I hope it gets fixed soon though.... Gotta' get some bench players! Yikes
Aneeceak (Chelsea) 5 years ago
When do we "submit" a team for that certain round? When can we sub in and out? For example, this week Chelsea plays on Tuesday and Liverpool plays on Wednesday. Lets say after the tuesday Chelsea game I sub out one of my chelsea players and put in a liverpool player that was on my bench. Do I get points for both. I highly doubt that since that would be pretty unfair so at what point can we sub? When are points calculated? And dow will the fact that other leagues start at different times be considered into this? Do people already have points from week 1 in the EPL? If yes, is there a leaderboard? Sorry to bombard you guys with so many questions. This is my first time doing a fantasy league and I'm pretty excited about it along with being part of footytube's awesome community from what I've seen so far
You can change your line-ups each week between Thursday Midnight and Saturday 10am (GMT).

We may add some other slots at some point. I'll post this info to the FAQ when I get a moment
Ltm017 5 years ago
Why can't we rename our team? I don't mind the one I have now but when I created it I just thought of something quick so I could save it. I thought I could then go back and change it later. I think its a little odd that we can't have that option now even if not later on because this is so new.

Any answers?
We're adding that in the next few days, along with the ability to add a custom strip to your chosen team
Senny (Arsenal) 5 years ago
It would be really great to be able to change team names. I had a typo on mine and I couldn't change it and I don't want to register another team.
It would be great to have a leader board for the top 20 say plus your team's position
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
On its way, please see above
Wphinson (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Anyone know when we can start to expect seeing points from our team? And when does the window close to set up a team? (trying to get some friends to join and want to tell them a date)
Points and leaderboards will go up this weekend, transfers for existing teams will be frozen the same time, although new members will be able to create a new team for a while after
Theshid (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Can you get points when the players are playing the champions league or its just the league that counts?
Europa and Champ league will count towards your points tally aye

Kick4Life - changing lives through football