Forums / Frequently Asked Questions
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Questions And Answers
Please check the DreamFooty FAQ before posting here.
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 6 years ago
Hey footytube staff,  How do you add people as your top friends?  Soccergal293
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 6 years ago
Make friends with them. When they accept, Add as top friend will come up as an option on their profile (where add as friend is now)
Oh cool thanks Lee
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 6 years ago
Andy.... Can we go back and reset our team after it has been set? I thought we had until the 17th? What if we want to re-sell and re-buy a couple of times in the transfer window?
Yeah tht would be cool if we could, but I don't think we can
Andy (Rangers) 6 years ago
Sorry for the late reply but if you hit the 'save' button in the bottom right corner and then close your browser then your changes are permanent.

Although a point that needs to be emphasised is that you can sell players you have previously bought in the transfer window. If you bought Vermaelen on the 13th, you would be able to sell him today and buy a new player

For example.... I decided to sell my whole bench + 3 first XI players and instead buy three starting XI replacements. I saved and yet I have 30 million left to spend. So I shouldn't have sold all my bench players but only enough to muster the cash for my replacements, in other words i've managed to cut down my options if a player is injured. So a reset button would be handy for me as well....

Think of it.... Like.... Your faxed a transfer proposal too early and your board have blocked your budget
Theshid (Liverpool) 6 years ago
When you sub your player for the week end does it last till Sunday before I can put him back in the team again? Like if the player plays on monday can I make that change?
Ant (Liverpool) 6 years ago
Any subs you make don't go into effect until just before the Satuday games. So, you could sub on and off 5 players on wednesday night, but they won't actually be subbed until the next Saturday morning. It's to stop people subbing on their Champions league players and then subbing them back off before the weekend, and making double points
Jman008 (Manchester United) 6 years ago
Oh man, I wish I could buy more than 3 players, that would have been awesome as I could have used a few more great players
Jeroen (Barcelona) 6 years ago
Awesome, but very unfair to the people who have had a good start. I'm 7th in the league, and even I would want some more, but just for my bench. I fear injuries can catch up to an empty-bench team
Match (San Jose Earthquakes) 6 years ago
I made the mistake of fielding someone who was injured when I first picked my team. I somehow managed to stay in the top100 though
Samreds8 (Liverpool) 6 years ago
How do you get to the quizes or where are they
Andy (Rangers) 6 years ago
Unavailable at the minute, due to be released in a newer version of footytube
Ltm017 6 years ago
Okay I have a problem everytime I go to buy players it tells me "oops you can't make any more transfers in this window"

What is going on? Anyone?
I think its because you cannot buy and sell more than three players. If you bought 3 players, then it will prevent you from buying more players. The only solution to that is if you have not saved your dreamfooty team, you can go back and make changes. If you already saved your team, I don't think you can fix that. I am not staff member but that's what I think is the reason why you cannot buy more players. Correct me if I am wrong staff
Ltm017 6 years ago
Oh you are right. I forgot! Thanks!
You are exactly right Jman, and thank you for the explanation
Incuteration (Everton) 6 years ago
Erm.... I got 53. 6m fan valuation and that is what is shown on the page, but how come when I buy players in dreamfooty, I only have 150m? Is that the maximum amount we can use?
Yup, you cannot spend more than 150m, that is the maximum, I had 52+ but I could only spend 46m
Minadeo (Juventus) 6 years ago
Why are some players, particularly from Serie A, no longer on the list of available players for Dreamfooty?
Is there a possibility they will reappear on the list during this transfer period?
Ginosplit (Arsenal) 6 years ago
I accidentally sold a 4th player during the transfer window. Now I'm left with 10 players and I can't get that player back as it says I have already reached the maximum. Am I screwed?
You would have had to accidentally sell four players and then accidentally save the team, which sounds like a large chain reaction of accidents. I'm afraid you may be screwed unless the Dreamfooty gods smile upon you
I didn't press the save button. However, I still can't get that old 4th player back (Bardsley) as it says I have reached the maximum transfers
OK I just found the reset button -. -. Phew.... Thanks anyway Ant
Haha, the same thing happened to me. I was like oh no, I have an extra 18m but I am left with only 10 players. Ahhhhhh! Luckily I found the reset button and hadn't saved. Nearly had a heart attack, haha
Hey footytube staff,
I was just wondering if I could challenge one of my friends dreamfooty team and my dreamfooty team for the week or something, because I would like to see which team is better out of a few weeks. If there isn't anything like this could you guys please have a think about it for a new feature for the future.
Thank You
Soccergal293
Matt (Footytube Staff) 6 years ago
Weekly and monthly points are coming and will be visible on the leagues section. So you can see who is better that week/month
Thanks Matt
Hammad (Manchester United) 6 years ago
Well I hav been regularly commenting, making friends and updating my profile.... Still my fan valuation is not increasing much.... It onlly increases by 0. 2 m or so.... May I know why is tht so?
It is hard to know for sure. The system handles all valuations automatically based on how it feels you are contributing to the site. There are tens or hundreds of thousands of members now so it is impossible to do fan valuations by hand. We let the system handle it and 99. 99999% it gets it perfectly right.
All I can say is to keep in mind the following when on the forums. My understanding is that:

The system rewards:
* Decent, long posts.
* Regular usage (valuation seems to be an average over a long period of time)
* Good spelling.

The system punishes:
* Text and leet speak
* Excessive swearing
* Short useless posts like 'lol', 'me too', 'i agree' etc
* Spam

Basically, if you take your time and write good posts, spellchecked etc, you'll get rewarded much higher than writing fifty really short, quick posts. I'm not saying that's what you do - just how you can gain valuation
Hammad (Manchester United) 6 years ago
Huh.... You people (footytube staff).... You should have told this before on the forum.... This site is becoming more complicated as the season's progressing.... Please remove these complications.... And yes one more thing.... Place these rules, regulations about fan valuation on the main page so that the new users may read them and then surf the site.... Its just a suggestion.... No offence...
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 6 years ago
99% of that IS on the fan valuation page and, not surprisingly, 99% of users know exactly what to do (since 99% of it is bloody commonsense anyway). If you can't be bothered to read or look for the FAQs, then it is your loss.

We've been running with fan valuation for 5 months nearly, and there are very few people with problems.

Nobody is forcing you to be here, you don't like the site or the 'complications' feel free to go find another more 'simple' footy forum where you can post whatever crap you want, converse in l33t speak, and swear to your hearts content
Well, before you write on the forums, there is a section for new people called the new user FAQs: Link: www.footytube.com/forums/new-user-faqs/

In that very section, there is a detailed explanation of how fan valuation works: Link: www.footytube.com/forums/new-user-faqs/faq-fan-val...

Now, that explanation has been there for months and months, and also every time someone asks the question you asked (loads on this topic already), we answer it.

So, the question I put to you Hammad is: have you not read this topic before posting, or did you not read the New User FAQs? I'd have to assume you have read neither.

There's nothing complex about it really. If you make a good, positive, well thought-out contribution to the site, your valuation will go up. If you make a bad, negative or poorly thought-out contribution to the site, your valuation will go down.

We won't be removing that complication
Match (San Jose Earthquakes) 6 years ago
Why is leet speak punished?
Hey I was wondering where is the time for footytube for? Like is it england, australia, spain.
I'm in australia so what is the time difference?
The time is based on BST - British Standard time

Link: www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezone...

Theres a clock on that page so calculate from there
Thanks Ant you've been helping out alot
Thenylo (Santos) 6 years ago
How do I remove a team from my "fan" list?
How do you get tiers for when your making your kit?
Your tiers is based on your fan valuation. So, if you have 10 million, you are tier 10. 30 million, you are tier 30, etc
Thanks
Minadeo (Juventus) 6 years ago
I realize that the first transfer window starts tommorrow. (It is posted all over the site).
I was referring to the transfer window after this one coming up.
I remember reading somewhere that there will be 3 transfer periods during the year.
Strategy may change depending on how soon the roster can be adjusted again.

Thanks
Not sure if the exact date for the transfer window after this one is set yet

Kick4Life - changing lives through football