Forums / Frequently Asked Questions
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Questions And Answers
Please check the DreamFooty FAQ before posting here.
Pioneercolonel (Manchester United) 1 year ago
edited
Wenrooney (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Hi matt, I didn't get points for rooney's assist vs stoke.... The goal came off a rebound from rooney's header. Vanpersie tapped it in. So could you please have a look into it?
HenryP (Arsenal) 1 year ago
How do I join someone's league?
HenryP (Arsenal) 1 year ago
How do I join someone's league? Also, how do you invite people to your league?
Kfgscores (Juventus) 1 year ago
Dear Admins,

I made my transfer changes and saved on Monday 14th but it seems these changes were not updated in the starting team on Tuesday morning. I have some players playing next Friday so they would miss out on points. Can this be fixed please?

Thanks in advance for assisting.

PS - seems I am still with my initial team in starting 11 even though I used an emergency transfer window a month ago. Please see entry under Bugs
ElGaucho (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Hi Matt, a question for you please because I'm not willing to test this out on my team

The rules say that we can "buy a maximum of 4 players" during the normal transfer windows. But when is this taken into account? Can I change 4 of my players a number of times during the active transfer window [saving the team every time] as long as my team doesn't differ by more than 4 players from my pre-transfer window team? Or is it that once I used my 4 transfer and clicked on "Save Team" then there's no going back?
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 1 year ago
You can change back and forth your 4 transfers until the window shuts down, so even if you click on the save tab you'll still be able to make some changes (in case one of your new players gets injured by saturday), which is a good thing.

On the other hand, after the 1m goalkeeper correction, will there be any further price changes until saturday?
Elbert (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I'm trying to do this "4 transfers" things but it will not let me make anymore transfers.... Please help anyone?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Sorry there was a delay in getting the Transfer Window open as prices needed to be adjusted. The window is open now and will remain open until the 21st (Monday)
Messionage (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Thanks! Also does that mean that this coming weekend's games will not count?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Well this is great, but most players that should've changed are still priced quite poorly
Theo (Chelsea) 1 year ago
It's only 8 or so games into the season though and performances so far should not warrant any excessive bumping up. Half the players on that list most likely won't be doing so great come January, and if they are, then it can be changed in the next window imo
They all play for teams that are top 4 in their league...
Roma were not a top 4 team last season, they didn't even make Europa. But this season they have started great - mostly due to easy fixtures - and you want all their players to cost more. Only problem with that is they will most likely, eventually calm down, and then the prices will seem ridiculous.

Players who are in good form should get 1-5m bump to reflect that, but nothing excessive as it will only be for a matter of time. Anyway Neto should definitely not be 5m though, that was a mistake given he didn't play last season, but with the departure of Viviano he's now the main man. Same applies to Boesnich
I don't think it would make sense to change the prices now considering the window is already open and people have probably already started making changes!
My suggestion is to roll teams back to yesterday and get on with it from thereon
There's a GK for 1m and he plays for a champions league team lol
Loool 1m? If this is true, its ridiculous lol. Mind mentioning the name? So we don't pick him by mistake lol
It has been fixed, some lucky people would have spotted and gotten him though, and saved 10m lol
I've told Matt about this €1m player, I sold my 'copy' of him since that only seemed fair.

Hopefully Matt will take the time to sort the rest out. He's back to €11m now though
Hi Jeroen.... It would be interesting to hear your experience in more detail. I'm pretty sure that I noticed you added 3 different Hoffenheim players to your squad at different times during this transfer window but now you have none (6 transfers?)
How can you even buy 3 players of one team? You can only have two. And I did have a Hoffenheim player in the past, Firmino, but I sold him. I make changes all the time, trying out new set-ups and buying players I think are bargains before selling them again for others. As long as they aren't saved into footytube's database on Tuesday or Saturday those transfers don't matter and don't count as a transfer
They were never in the same team at the same time

I got your point.... You can change the same 4 players as many times as you like before the end of the transfer window, as long as your team doesn't differ by more than 4 players from your pre-transfer window team. Did I understand correctly?

I got curious when people mentioned this €1m player

Good luck mate.... You're doing a great job
Oh, now I understand. Yeah, I tried a bunch of teams yesterday night, and you must've caught me then. I bought Firmino again, but also Schipplock and some other Hoffenheim dude. Not to mention dozens of other players from other teams. And yes, you are correct about that rule that allows you to swap the 4 players you bought. About that €1m player: it was a bug and I think it was unfair to exploit it unless everyone had him. I had that player too, but reported it to Matt and sold the player.

Thanks for the well-wishes
Malik (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Bravo (Real Sociedad) was that kepper which was wrongly priced at 1 M, I bought him for 9. 5 M during first transfer window & now his price is increased to 11 M. My plan was to sell him during 2nd transfer window & when ever I sell my players I check their current prices, I was few of that " lucky " guys which found that 1 M bravo & simply sold my 9. 5 M bravo and purchased that 1 M one, TBH I was happy yet I knew for certain that it has to be a mistake / bug as min price of any player in DF is 3 M.

I have sold my copy of that bravo as keeping him would have been unfair with other players & I request Matt / Mod's to ask all user that manage to bought him for 1 m to sell him immediately.

As for price changes I agree with Chelseman93 that its still quite early to increase prices drastically, for instance M. Russ from Frankfurt was 3. 5 prior to transfer window & now his price is increased to 8 M, I know that he have earned over 100 points so far but its risky to bet that Russ will keep up same form (or keep on scoring) or Frankfurt will keep on surprising thougout the reat of season, IMO at this point changing prices will really effect the element of contest in game & I would rather prefer to keep other players teams & top 20 player option hidden then increasing prices.

Even for future I think if user don't have excess to to 20 players list & other players team until certain time (let's say till jan) contest will be more interesting, requirment to change prices will be reduced and user will really have to put in effort to perform well.
The reasoning behind the price changes is as a few have stated here, it is only a few weeks into the season so the best indication we have of price is still last seasons data + some tweaks for performance this season. Take Ramsey for instance should we rocket his price up to Messi levels or should we just assume this purple patch of form will probably dip soon (especially with returning players).

I understand people at the top of the leaderboard wish to remain there and keep the bargains/risks but that just is not interesting. I am sure a lot of people will appreciate Jereon's handy list.

As for the incorrectly priced goalie I will verify who managed to purchase at this price and give them an extra transfer to get rid of him or they will be excluded from any prizes this season, I appreciate everyone's honesty here
Understood, can't complain either. We'll see where this will take us, but I'm afraid it'll end up in a contest where once again 8/11 players are players everyone has. To be honest that suits me just fine since I'm leading. Now the rest have less chance of catching up since they'll get the same players I have. It's just that it gets a bit dull this way
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 1 year ago
Leading?!.... How long for? That's the real question sir hehe
Yeah, I know even a 100-pt lead is not a lot, but it is once everyone gets the same players. The top 10 all have at least 6 of the same players in their squad as I have, so meanwhile only a few of those players will make a difference compared to my team. Eh, good news I guess
Rockerr (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Transfer window's opening today right?  
I hope some price changes are made first or everyone will have the same cheap players...
Juraman (Sochaux) 1 year ago
Any news from the transfert windows?
Ordaye (Liverpool) 1 year ago
It is October 12 and transfer has to be open period. It is staffs job to change the price before the opening on time. Jeroen thanks for explaining why the transfer isn't open yet. But, then you excuse them and it is obvious why
Zekko4 (AC Milan) 1 year ago
The staff can a least say when the window will open for real
Juvenik21 (Juventus) 1 year ago
What time will it open gahh I need to change some players lol
Franboy (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Transfers are still not open? This is very strange?
Jofa39 (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Anyone from Staff can give an explanation? Please
Are prices not gonna' change? Some players are hugely undervalued and since in previous years they always changed, I expected the same now...
Franboy (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Jeroen is right. If there is no change, we all have the same players in a short time.

It would be really interesting that some players increase (players who are in a lot of teams). But also other players decreases (eg injured player, players who are not in any teams....)

This would be more possible combinations in the future. And so the teams would be more open.

If prices do not increase and decreases, changes, combinations to form his team are impossible and therefore everyone buys the same players
Dawich (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Hey, I mistakenly used my first emergency transfer window to star a player right before the dreamfooty season started, because I forgot to star a foward. I was a noob and did not know I did not have to do that lol. I have used my second emergency transfer window. Now that Messi is injured, I really need that emergency transfer window. If there is a user history of any sort, it could be confirmed that I'm telling the truth. Can I possibly get that emergency window back?
Ofcourse, I wouldn't be mad if I can't, since this error was purely mine. But, I recon it doesn't hurt to try, since I have a sensible case
Can anyone tell me how can I check the breakdown of total points gained? Last season it was by clicking the aggregate points but this time if you click aggregate points, performance chart of last season pops up
Not available yet; it takes like 10 games played before the amazing footytube statistics generator can whip up its magic
Last season it was available from the word go, that function really helps to monitor the performance, thanks for the info
Leifg (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I agree and have been asking for it from week 1. It's really hard to stay up on your players without the stats
I will switch the stats to this season, check back later.  
Rubin (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
The first transfer window has been closed. When will we be able to check out other players' teams?
Should be any time soon. Just a MATTer of time
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Word Play! Nice!
Thias (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Just got redirected to the FAQ after I posted that, sorry
Thias (Chelsea) 1 year ago
No points for internationals?
Harry17 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
No...
I didn't get any points for my players who played on Sunday. Any of you had this problem. Messi alone should have got me 52 points, but I haven't got those points...
None of the players of this Sunday have received their points yet, I think this'll be easily solved soon though
Thanks for your reply Jeroen, I was worried for a while.... Thought missed out on those points....    Cheers!
No problem, glad to have helped

Kick4Life - changing lives through football