Forums / Frequently Asked Questions
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty Questions And Answers
Please check the DreamFooty FAQ before posting here.
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
Will club world cup matches count towards your dreamfooty?
Docdre99 (Barcelona) 3 weeks ago
Hello,

My friend, Franboy and I have not yet received the money for the 2013-2014 season. Yet we were both finished in the top 25.

You have forgotten?

Thank you,

Doc
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 1 month ago
Will player prices change before the next window opens? Or will all players just be the same price like they've been all season. There is no such thing as bargains this way and by the next transfer window, every team will be a combination of the same 20 players.

Rubin (Inter Milan) 1 month ago
You don't have to worry, because you're not gonna' win df anyway
What happens when a player is shown a red card? Jedvaj received a red card yesterday. He got -4 points for the red card and he got plus points for playing part of the game, winning and the clean sheet. In the FAQ it says that the player will receive no appearance points
Hittash (Liverpool) 1 month ago
Hi Rubin all are same expect he won't get appearance points
What are appearance points? He got points for playing part of the game
Hittash (Liverpool) 1 month ago
Is it? I don't know mate.... Someone need to clarify this...
Jimmybreeze 1 month ago
b******s
Hithere (Manchester United) 1 month ago
As far as I know, he shouldnt have gotten the points for "playing the part of the game". But he should still get the other points. So if he got them, that has to be a bug
Rockerr (Liverpool) 2 months ago
Hello Matt, may I know the reason why I'm not given the prize money for finishing 18th in the Worldcup dreamfooty? Is it just me or the whole Dreamfooty thing is a sham? :/
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 months ago
It's definitely not a sham mate. I've received my moneys from last year's DF WC and the seasonal DF too, and the seasons before I only ever didn't get my winnings once because I simply forgot I won something being 21st. Just react in time when Matt announces he'll be handing out the money to the winners. If you're only reacting for the first time now (so basically three months late), it's obvious he's forgotten you. If you did react in time, it's just Matt being forgetful. Remember that this website and dreamfooty especially are not the only things in the lives of the admins, and Matt is the only one who has to sort out all the crap too. (though a little more attention to the website would benefit all)
Rockerr (Liverpool) 2 months ago
Nope, this is not the first time I'm asking. When Matt started this thread like 3 months ago - 'Unclaimed Dreamfooty Prizes', asking winners to send their details in mail, I sent a mail, posted in the thread, posted in his wall but absolutely no response. Maybe he is too forgetful, that he even forgot the thread asking for the details? No idea...
RealFan (Real Madrid) 1 month ago
I thought only the guy who comes first gets the money. Am I mistaken?
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 month ago
Oh, yeah, if you're talking about the WC dreamfooty (I didn't catch that); I ran away with all the dough there. There was only one winner, me in this case, the rest didn't get anything. In the seasonal DF, there are 20 possible winners
Rockerr (Liverpool) 1 month ago
Yes I'm talking about WC dreamfooty and Oh.... I dint know that WC DF has only one winner
11Neymar11 (Manchester City) 2 months ago
Why does the transfer lineup update keep changing from Tuesday to Saturday (continually extending the time to make transfers)? Is this a new change to how footytube works? This confusion has put me at a disadvantage because I didn't know you could make changes again on this Tuesday and now again before Saturday! I planned my transfers for the longterm, when I could have made transfers based on the games between Tuesday and Saturday and then change my team again before Saturday
Hittash (Liverpool) 2 months ago
I don't know why? Even I thought its closed by Saturday and I picked my final squad but the its extended
RealFan (Real Madrid) 2 months ago
I need the window to close in order to open my emergency transfer window! Come on Matt, I need to make changes before champions league
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 2 months ago
Isn't the transfer suppose to be closed already?  
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 months ago
It`s still open apparently. I`m missing 14pts from my star defender now.... Seriously, does anybody know when it`ll be closed?
Zhenwei (Manchester United) 2 months ago
Should be closed by now. Rollback? I'm not sure if I'm missing any points cos I don't really keep track. How do you keep track?
Malik (Barcelona) 2 months ago
@zlatan, you must have lost pts for something else, how can open window can loss you points?
Dunno man.... Basically I didn`t get the double points from the star defender. Maybe that`s one of those weird bugs and stuff
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 months ago
The transfer window did stick open a little, this would not result in any lost points. Can you double check that your defender is saved as your star defender, if he is give me the name and ill check it out for you
Thanks for your reply, I have Bonucci as my star defender so far this season
Hi Matt, I`m not sure if you have verified last weekend`s missing points issue yet, but whenever you have time to check it out please let me know. That`d be appreciated
Hi Matt, I`m not sure if you have verified last weekend`s missing points issue yet, but whenever you have time to check it out please let me know. That`d be appreciated
Hello Matt, isn`t the transfer window supposed to be closed by now?
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 2 months ago
Why can't I make a final signing.... I have made 3 but it doesn't let me do the 4th
Rubin (Inter Milan) 2 months ago
Maybe you sold and bought a player that was in your team already?
ElGaucho (AC Milan) 2 months ago
Hi Matt (or any of the other gurus.... Jeroen/Malik etc....), you might be able to help me out with this one.

The Story:

I introduced Bonucci as my star defender and he appears on my current lineup (AND he was assigned as my "rock in defence" before saving). Now later on in the day - on Tuesday, after 08:00hrs - I sold him and set someone else as my star defender.

The Result?

I only got 14 points for Bonucci instead of 28.

The Question

Is this expected behaviour? Is the assignment of a star player not tied to the Sat/Tue savepoint?

The sad things about this:

I missed 14 points
I missed 14 points when I'm just 24 points off 1st place
I had Juanfran as my star defender so if I hadn't changed anything: 28 points
The player I introduced instead of Bonucci also got a clean sheet!

The curiosity:

What would've happened had I sold Bonucci but didn't assign a star to any of the other defenders?
Lol I'm no DF guru, I am just a student under master Jeroen's wing

See the thing is that star selection takes effect immediately it's not tied to tue/sat save points, you must have gotten double points for the defender you selected as rock, who apparently either didn't played or his team couldn't kept a clean sheet, So unfortunately the points you received for Bonucci will be considered as correct allocations of points.

If you don't assign a star then you don't get any double point. Even if you rebuy the player who was your ex star, you still have to re select him as star or else he will just receive normal points.

& for missing out on points, I know the feel bro, I myself am missing 60 points from German cup matches :/
Hittash (Liverpool) 2 months ago
Add me I miss almost 65- 70 Points dude...
Rubin (Inter Milan) 2 months ago
I'm surprised that people, who have been using this site for years, still don't know the DF rules. Have you ever tried reading the FAQ?
Yeah, like Malik says; the star takes effect immediately. Say you have bought a player before a Tuesday or Saturday morning (when the DF teams are saved into the database), but you only make that player the star two days afterwards, right before he plays a game and you save your team again. Then he'll still get double points. The same goes for getting rid of the star, which is what happened with your Bonucci, apparently. Your question as to what would happen if you didn't assign the star has the same answer: no one would get double points.

Anyway, like many of us, I got royally screwed too because my team revolved around German players. I lost about 100 points because the DFP Pokal games were scratched from the Dreamfooty scores even though they should have counted as it says so in the rules the Pokal games count, and the players I lost points from (Bayern, Wolfsburg, Dortmund and Mönchengladbach players) all played after DF kicked off. Instead of just removing the points from the Leverkusen game which was played the day before DF started, they removed ALL points from German players.

So if you want to talk about an unfair loss of points.... Well, your mistake was a mistake you could've avoided while hundreds of others lost a major amount of points for no valid reason. I don't like it, but I just remind myself it's just a game. Like a referee giving the opposition a penalty which clearly wasn't
ElGaucho (AC Milan) 2 months ago
Hi Jeroen and Malik.... Thanks for your explanations. Yeah it was my mistake indeed (that's why I'm so disappointed! ) I too lost points during the infamous August weekend but I'm pretty sure that Matt will eventually work his magic and get that sorted too.

Message to Rubin: sorry for asking a humble question. I read the FAQ mate but this part is not so clear to me. Oh maybe you're a genius, have already been through this so you don't bother. Thanks for your detailed reply, keep it up.

Good LUCK TO ALL !
@ElGaucho, TBH I'm not sure about that DFP Pokal games.

Anyone here think it will be sorted? Because apparently it over and won't get rectified
No, it will not get sorted. Why? Not because it's fair this way, it is not, but because by now most people have different players. I have sold KDB, Huntelaar and Robben who lost points. It's waaaaay too much work to check who had which players who shouldn't have had their points cancelled.

All we can do is pride ourselves with the knowledge we would have a lot more points and most likely be up higher in the charts because of it too
Zekko4 (AC Milan) 2 months ago
Is the transfer window opening today?
Tanmay (Footytube Moderator) 2 months ago
Yup. It's open now
Why can't I see other people's footytube teams? I feel like this should be a simple problem you guys can fix? footytube, it would be really nice if you would fix this because it would enhance the footytube experience and the engagement between people in their leagues. Also, it would be really nice if you guys could bring in a some sort of point distribution information about how our players earned their points. It gives people more reason to check their footytube and makes it easier for new players to better understand how footytube works. Currently I check other websites to see how my players did and just check footytube to see how other people in my league did. And it sucks because I can see how many points they earned, but I don't know what players they have!
Its not a fix, teams are hidden for a purpose and most probably you will be able to see them after first transfer window.

And if you click on the points your players have accumulated, you will get the points distribution of that player
Ahhhhh.... I didn't know that if you placed your mouse over the individual dots on the graphs you would see an explained point distribution. It is a pretty obscure feature that should probably be made a bit more obvious
Leifg (Arsenal) 3 months ago
When is the next transfer window?
Jimjo (Manchester United) 3 months ago
Do players get points for euro 16 international qualifiers?
Malik (Barcelona) 3 months ago
No. Its a league season, no points for international qualifiers
Jimjo (Manchester United) 3 months ago
Thanks Malik

Kick4Life - changing lives through football