Forums / Mozambique
Order: Newest / Oldest
Mozambique V Benin, Jan 12
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Nice match! But I think Mozambique was better
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Very open football, but you could see mozambique were the quality team.
Benin did very well to compete with them, theres been a few shocks in this competition, and its only a few days old
USAfootballfan (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I feel bad for the benin keeper. Both goals were on him. On the second goal, it seemed like he may not be used to playing in a match with ball-runners on the sidelines. He cleared the ball out of bounds then seemed surprised when a new ball was given to the other team and the throw-in came immediately. I don't know his club background, but maybe he only plays in games where a long clearance out of bounds gives him more time to get back in goal
2choices (Chelsea) 4 years ago
The 2nd wasn't his fault his defence was. No one marked the guy that got the ball thrown to him and no one marked the guy that scored, he was in open space when 3 guys were in the box. Defence doesn't react they get punished
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
Wow some really suspect goalkeeping on the last goal
MrOlav (Borussia Dortmund) 4 years ago
Hahahaha the keeper was shocked!
Saadoony (AS Roma) 4 years ago
I agree with you USAfootballfan
Kestonj (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Benin's keeper had a really rough nite.... That second goal was absoloutely ridiculous
But all credit to Mozambique for the awareness to take advantage of the situation both keepers displayed some decent saves at the end to keep the game tied though. All in all a fine match
Arsenalthebest (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I think too
Hulanji14 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Both Mozambique goals were error caused by the Benin keeper. Good result for Nigeria after they lost against Egypt. Now they have a big chance to qualify to the second round
PepeLePewPew (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Inexperience showing for the Benin goalie, but otherwise the teams played well
2choices (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Man, goalies in this tournament have been really bad. I feel sorry for the teams going to SA because it seems shots from anywhere could go in somehow

Kick4Life - changing lives through football