Forums / Mexico
Order: Newest / Oldest
Mexican Players Abroad.
Omar (Arsenal) 4 years ago
So this is just about watching "El Tri" players that have gone abroad. I'll post a few that I know, and any ones that I have not posted will be edited in. Also feel free to give information on obscure Mexican players that we never hear of that have also moved abroad!

Carlos Salcido - Fulham FC (England)
Hector Moreno - RCD Espanyol (Spain)
Carlos Vela - Arsenal FC/Real Sociedad(Loan) (England/Spain)
Andres Guardado - Deportivo La Coruña (Spain)
Guillermo Franco - Velez Starfield (Argentina)
Francisco Javier Rodreiguez aka "El Maza" - Vfb Stuttgart (Germany)
Giovani Dos Santos - Tottenham Hostspur (England)
Jonathon Dos Santos - FC Barcelona/Barcelona Athletic (Spain)
Nerry Castillo - Aris Thessaloniki FC (Greece)
Ramiro Corrales - San Jose Earthquakes (USA)
Rafael Marquez - New York Red Bulls(USA)
Miguel Layun - Atalanta BC/America(Loan) (Italy)
Rodrigo Prieto - Caracas FC (Venezuela)
Mariano Trujillo - Chivas USA (USA)
Javier Iturriaga - Club Portugalete (Spain)
Pablo Barrera - Real Zaragoza (Spain)
Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez - Manchester United FC (England)
Efrain Juarez - Real Zaragoza (Spain)
Ulises Davila - Vitesse (Holland)
Taufic Guarch - RCD Espanyol be (Spain)
Édson Rivera - Braga (Portugal)

You May Not Have Known....

David Alejandro Rojina - El Tanque Sisley (Uruguay)
Daniel Ruiz Robinson - El Tanque Sisley (Uruguay)
Gerardo Llano - Atletico Deva (Spain)
Martín Pérez Vázquez -CD Ourense (Spain)
Mario Garcia - Boya Chico (Colombia)
Jorge Oropeza - FCM Bacău (Romania)
François Endene - Thể Công F. [C.] (Vietnam)
Juan Ángel Seguro - Real Union de Urin (Spain)
Nathaniel Revertía - Club Sport Áncash (Peru)
Carlo Crociani Barcenas - AC Siena/ AC Montichiari[Loan] (Italy)
Richard Sánchez - FC Dallas(USA)
Ruben Luna - FC Dallas(USA)
Carlos Plascencia - Atlético Madrid see (Spain)

Needs to be Confirmed:

Sergio Ramírez - FC Ararat Erevan (Armanian)
Damián Leonardo Calderero - Forza Matera (Italy)
Gerardo Llano - Atlético Deva (Spain)

List WILL be updated with any new information.
Updated October 17th, 2011
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Wow where did you find this list? Pretty cool.    I wish Redknapp would give gio another shot at tottenham.
I had to compile it from different sites, forums with links, ESPN, football sites, etc.  I'm still looking around actually.
Nols128 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Gio's not back from his injury is he?
I don't think so. To tell you the truth, the only way you would probably know is if he was called up for the National Team, and he hasn't, but then again there haven't been any recent games...
I just found out he is back from his injury. So who knows, maybe we'll see him play again, soon. Personally, I just think he should just go out on loan to another EPL team or just go back to Spain. Depor were interested and it'd be insane if he would play with Guardado
Hmm, He'll probably just be used as a sub for the rest of the season.  Didn't know Depor where interested!
Pretty sick list. I'm guessing most of the as of yet unknown players in Europe are younger?
Yes they are. I came across a u-16 player that is wanted my Valencia, and another by Real Madrid. Hopefully they stay in Europe to represent Mexico!
Arsenal12 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Wow I never knew there were so many Mexican players around the world
Yeah, I'm not even done yet. There are a few more I have to confirm
Arsenal12 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
This is an amazing list though, but I just hope they get playing time more than anything
Megoogie (Club América) 4 years ago
Lots of these players are unheard of    
Some of these are in reserve squads. That is one of the reasons why they are unheard of, but they ARE in Europe!
Yeah, don't be negative. Plenty of them are still young
MAViiN (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Is it just me or should giovani dos santos be at the strating 11 in tottenham due to his talent!.... And sad to say but guardado dosent shoot from far like he use to.... He wud score some of the best goals ever seen.... And now he's just quiet.... Sad actually.... But I hope by da way "aldo de nigris" is paying he gets called up to europe he's been playing really really welll
Giovani should move back to Spain.
I think Guardado doesn't want to shoot from far becuase he's scared of the team telling him he is wasting chances.
As for Aldo De Nigirs, I don't think he's at all Euorpe material, well, not yet anyway
Agree with the Guardado statement. They have very few scoring opportunities as is
Well, Atlas FC's wonderful midfielder Edgar Ivan Pacheco could be on his way to KOLN FC!
I think he might go in the summer, but I'm not sure. Either way, I personally think he is European material!

Link: www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2010/01/04/1724542...
Omar (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Just an update to those abroad. I still have a lot to do though!

And an interesting read: Richard Sanchez, who was with Atletico Madrid, with why he left Spain and didn't want to go to a Mexican club.

Link: www.record.com.mx/usa/2011-02-18/dejo-al-atletico-...
SoCalStunner3 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Gio is at Racing Santander right now
Omar (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Updated again (to the best of my knowledge).  If you have any new information, please feel free to post and I will correct the list.
Lovelyeli (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 2 years ago
Ulises Davila (Vitesse-holland)
Taufic guarch (RCD Espanyol B-spain)
Édson Rivera (S. See Braga-Portugal)

Also I'm pretty sure Salcido is gonna' stay with tigres because he's on a one year loan from fulham but he says he wants to stay
Hechex (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 2 years ago
Wasn't there a couple of kids out of Atlas that went to Russia? Maybe you guys know who I'm talking about
LGROD (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Croatia
Omar (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Let me know if you guys have any names of the Kids, and if you have links to confirm them, that would be great
Jrosales10 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Hebert Alferez, Luis Delgadillo, and Carlos Gutierrez all are on loan from Atlas at HNK Rijeka in Croatia just google their names theres a lot of links to confirm it. And idk if you know the japanese kid Ryu Nishizawa Fang he's like 14 and was born in Mexico and claims to be mexican on his Facebook. He is on Barcelonas youth system he might be pretty good
Hebert Alferez, Luis Delgadillo, and Carlos Gutierrez all are on loan from Atlas at HNK Rijeka in Croatia just google their names theres a lot of links to confirm it. And idk if you know the japanese kid Ryu Nishizawa Fang he's like 14 and was born in Mexico and claims to be mexican on his Facebook. He is on Barcelonas youth system he might be pretty good
Omar (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I'm scrapping this current list because it's way too old.
I'm going to do a new one by the end of the week, so send in any information you have!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football