Forums / The Massive Punt
Order: Newest / Oldest
The "Netnerd" Memorial Cup Quarter Final 2nd Leg
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Welcome to the 2nd leg of the Netnerd Memorial cup!

The competition is really hotting up now with places int Semi Final now at stake!

Make these predictions count as it all or nothing now!

Don't forget to add who you think will win in the mini betting game run by Soccergal,Link: www.footytube.com/forums/punters-lounge/mini-betti...

And please have read of the rules in the rules section!Link: www.footytube.com/forums/punters-lounge/the-2011-p...

Cheers!
BoboRed (Leeds United) 3 years ago
Do we need to send a tie-breaker this week GreatScot?
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
A few of those scores need a miracle, not a tie breaker.... Lol
Oh yes I forgot yeah please send in a tie breaker, this week its the amount of goals in La Liga!

I've sent my predictions to Lifeguard this week, please let me know you have them safe and sound please Paul!

Cheers
Lifeguard (Bayern München)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Got them already - i'll be a couple of days sending mine, two exams in two days is going to stop me from thinking about my picks...
Cheers man, I think you could send your picks in with your eyes closed and still beat the rest of us at the moment! Lol

Good luck with your exams mate!
Sam (Juventus) 3 years ago
Any hope that I had went out the door when I realized that Paul had the exact same away game predictions as I did.... Draws and home wins will not be enough
I know Sam when I was writing them down I thought i'd copied the wrong one and had to check again, Lifeguard has special powers! Lol
WOW Sam - sorry mate. Should've gone with the other three possibilities I had to make it interesting...
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Wow Ayyam, now that is one outcome I totally did not expect lol.... And Lifeguard
2nd Leg picks.... SENT
Revised betting, to win the tournament

2/1 Lifeguard
4/1 Ayyam
6/1 Ordaye
6/1 Veljasrbin
7/1 Bobored
7/1 Greatscot
20/1 Zlatan94310
66/1 Sam
Hahaha! WOW! I'm actually surprised I'm not into the triple digits yet LOL! 125/1 might be more like it!
Its not looking good sam, oh well at least you beat me.... Lol
I didn't want to be too cruel, Sam
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
LOL I was 8/1 win it last round, I got some respect now in footytube. Lmfao.

P. S I told you my tactics were legit.

Edit: Maybe zlatan stole my tactics of faking his skill? Hmm, mind games hurt
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
OK I have a serious question here.    Lifeguard is from Germany and his name is Paul....      Any takers?
Wtf? I declare witch-hunt
And lifeguard arrived on footytube a few weeks after the the octupus died. And his username is sea-relevent
LOL I'm not an octopus.... And I'm not from Germany either, I'm from Canada. I just cheer for Germany because my grandparents and Mom are from there
Yeah yeah excuses excuses.

1) Good in predictions,
2) Paul,
3) Germany in the profile.
4) The username is sea-relevant (thank you Ayyam).
5) And a Mod. (We all know mods are a bit fishy. Lol).

Just accept it, alright
We'll see how this week goes, if he keeps up his crazy scores then i'll be convinced he's hiding something!
The early bird has landed, I repeat the early-bird has landed and sent his email
OK.... Will you sent yours too now?
Right now I only have 4/8 predictions in, half way there! I don't suppose anyone will forget at this important stage!
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
Sent...
Ok only 3 more people to get their predictions in, remember if your going to use the friday night matches you'll need to be quick!
I've dubbed this week "Mission Impossible 4"! I need a miracle of epic proportions, so this week is pretty much an exercise in futility.... Anyway picks sent...
Come on sam, wheres the positivity mate? .... Chin up.... !
You can do it Sam!.... Sent...
Only one left to send in is Ordaye, he hasn't logged on in 6 days! I hope he makes it in on time.... Bobo what have you done to him?
Bobo lurks in dark circles, I would worry about ordaye
Ordaye (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I made it guys, I thought I won't. BoboRed attacked me with Predators. US Seceretery of defence said that they will use Predators in Libia and he took advantage of that. LOL
Well done Ordaye, I will post the picks up shortly and people can make their bets in the betting game!
Ah, my plan has been foiled.    Everything would have worked out to plan if it weren't for you pesky meddling kids!
That's everyone's picks in now, only Ordaye has still to pick 1 more home team, if not he starts with a point lost straight away which will only encourage Bobo!
Looks like the poison worked, albeit late
I had chelsea there! I don't know how it is not there any more. I checked the email that I sent and Chelsea is there. I don't know if you deleted because I can't have Barcelona and Chelsea together, but last time the only two EPL teams you can't use home win at the same time were M. United and Arsenal. If that is the case I am gonna' choose Sunday game Atletic Madrid
Yeah check the rules mate, I posted them in the rules section, and we talked about the rules from the Netnerd PL and were trying to follow them!

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/punters-lounge/the-2011-p...

I'll put Atletico Madrid in for you, I just assumed you would want to stick with Barca for the home win!

I posted the rules at the start of the week mate
I was following a post that you made a month ago when we were starting this tournament you said "you can only pick 1 home win from the top teams in each league, that are Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, PSV, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Lyon and Marseille! The rest you can go nuts with! Does that make sense?!".
I still appreciate for giving me a second chance.
Yeah I know but I thought it was just 2 from each league you weren't allowed to pick I was corrected, the epl does deserve to have 3 teams in that list, so I posted the rules to save confusion!
Anyway now you know!
No stewards enquiry into the new pick being the same as one of mine?
Sorry dude, I didn't mean to copy you. I agree to change A. Madrid to Wolfsburg
Nice one.... The way the results have gone so far, I doubt it will make much difference anyway!
Ok i'll change it again! Lol I'll do it now so I don't forget!  
I've changed it but it won't appear up there until I start to post the results!  Cheers now  
The Nancy game stands out here, in my match up against Ordaye.

I have them as home win, whilst he has them as a draw. If they draw, its gonna' be a huge uphill battle for me to come back. Home win, and its game on baby!
Your predator attacks couldn't knock me out but it affected my proper way of thinking. It was big mistake for choosing Nancy game as draw. But you never know this is football
I'm going to lose a 6oint lead D:
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Ah Ah. I like your confidence Ayyam.... Lol remember, it ain't over till it's over
Posted the results so far!

In my match with Veljasrbin it all rests on the Feyenoord v PSV match, VeljaSrbin hasn't got a single prediction right so far, he'll more than likely get the one that he needs to get through!

Sam is out!

Zlatan still has a chance to get through, although it is a slim chance!

And Ordaye and BoboRed is still far to close to call!

Exciting isn't it!
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
Hahaha! The way things have been going for me so far this weekend, "more than likely" is a bit optimistic...
You have me down as having a winning draw in Cagliari.... Unfortunately it was an away win
Not anymore. As BoboRed said "Nancy game stands out here, in my match up against Ordaye". Nancy game was the decider. I got 8 points and Bobored has 6 game with one home win to go
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Wow Nancy drew against 10 men Arles-Avignon! Dunno what the odds were for the draw, but what a surprise. Good pick Ordaye
As far as I'm concerned, that's it for me I'm out of the competition, but it was fun. Conratulations Ayyam!
Well done Ordaye. I just watched that Nancy game
Thanks BoboRed. See you next season
Exciting for everyone who was not all but eliminated last week LOL! Love how we started with the most obvious fact: "Sam is out!".... Mod-on-mod crime! Is there a mercy rule in this I. E when you are losing by a certain number, you should not have to suffer the continued embarrassment of further destruction! Congrats Lifeguard! I will root for you to continue tearing everyone down and pray to the football gods that I never have to face you again in any format regarding predictions!
CHIN UP SAM, CHIN UP.... LOL
I have 21 points aggregate, and Zlatan has 12, It was a close-ie but I seemed to have snatched it.

Good Luck next year bro, and may the fluke live on for ever

Kick4Life - changing lives through football