Forums / The Massive Punt
Order: Newest / Oldest
The "Netnerd" Memorial Cup Last 16 (2nd Leg)
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago

I think that's all final scores in now! Hope all the adding up is done too!
Sam (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Link: soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/902936/schal...

As a heads-up, Schalke were awarded the 3 points for the abandoned game against St. Pauli, so if there are points that need to be resolved as a result, figured it be done as early as possible
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
Yeah, what is going on with that match? Are people who had Shalke (including myself) going to get points or not?
Well I was told that part of the rules from the previous game was that if the match was abandoned or postponed then you were awarded 0 points for that match as book makers wouldn't have paid out on it either!

Do you think that's fair or should I award VeljaSerbin the points for it?

This one was resolved pretty quick but some others might not be, and we're not gonna' hang about for a week waiting to see who gets awarded the points!

Let me know what you think!
BoboRed (Leeds United) 3 years ago
GreatScot, it looks like the Germans reserve the right to make up the rules as they go along, just like the FA

Schalke now get the 3 points :/

Bookies have to pay out

Velja gets another 2 points
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
It is really not a big deal, if rules were the way GreatScot said it, I do not mind keeping them that way. In one way you are right, there might be a matches that will not get resolved as fast as this one and it could cause a trouble.
I just asked, since I was not familiar with rules concerning abandoned matches...
Nope that's fine I will add another 2 points on for VeljaSrbin, I'm just trying to follow the rules from the last pl as closely as I can, and some of you know the rules better than I do that's why I ask for an opinion first so that I know everyone is happy with the outcome!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
As if he needs them.... 11-4? .... Lmao
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Sent! Hopefully I don't lose the 6 point lead
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Already?! That was quick. I guess if you can secure say 5 points at least, that'll be enough for you to get through.
This week's fixtures seem to be pretty tough compared to last week's.
It's because my oponent didn't send in
I know, I was meaning in case Footyrulz participates in the 2nd leg
Winning picks SENT
I've sent mine to Tony, if you could just confirm you got them for me, cheers!
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I think you should send them to a different person every week. That's how Netnerd did it
I don't think it would matter in this case marc
Lol, I havent even checked my inbox yet, i'll let you know shortly, and get my own selections sent in.  Cheers arsenal
I just recieved yours john but theres a problem, you have picked two homes wins from the exclusion list. { I don't wanna mention the teams for obvious reasons.... Lol}
So I have sent you an e. Mail to let you know and you can make your change and send it to me.
Cheers arsenal
Have I? I'm off to check them now! 2 minutes!
Ok i've re-sent them now, I don't see a problem in sending mine to Tony unless I get drawn against him should I make it through!
Sorted, but I need a tie break total from you aswell mate.  And I have just sent my selections.
Don't FORGET TO SEND YOUR TIE BREAK GOALS TOTAL FOR THE EPL IN ASWELL LADS
**** it was me that wrote that too! Lol will do that just now!
Did you get my selections john? .... And tie break answer?
Yeah Tony got them, tie breaker and all! Cheers!    We are up to 6 entries, still 10 to go!
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Sent - I had it sitting on my desktop all day, finally I decided to go with what I had
OK so far we only have 5 entries in, as I won't be here all day tomorrow to chase people up i'll just have to hope you all remember in time!

Well except you Daayalo, I don't mind if you forget seen as your winning our match!
Haha. Well, I am sure Lifeguard does not suffer from amnesia. I wonder what Ayyam did to Footyrulz though
I don't mean to be a prick but I don't think Lifeguard should have had both Bayern and Lille in his home predictions. Bayern have always been in the list and Lille too as the French front-runner of the season.

I am not asking for to take a point out of Lifeguard result now, but if someone can clarify once again the list it would be great
Yeah I understand your point, I don't know what the exact list was so I just posted what I thought it might be, I think asked at the time if it was right but I'm not sure if anyone said, Marcinny if you can remember what the list was on Netnerds game then post it for everyone to see, because I only played it for a few weeks and I honestly didn't know the exact teams in it!

Cheers
I'm nearly sure the two excluded french teams were psg and marseille.
Liam has taken his list of excluded teams down for some reason, we could always ask him for verification, as it is important, but I think lille might be ok
Yeah we'll get confirmation of Liam, then that'll put this one to bed!
Lifeguard 3 years ago
It was the Olympique teams that were excluded - and I don't know much about the French league to be honest
Just come across this.
And you can only pick 1 home win from the top teams in each league, that are Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, PSV, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Lyon and Marseille

Theres no sign of lille on the list.... Lyon and marseille
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Yeah - I'm pretty sure Netnerd had Chelsea on that list too, but that was it
Chelsea instead of Arsenal? There was only 2 from each league wasn't there?! We will get the proper list for the next round and maybe put it back up in the rules and Q&A bit then there will be no confusion!
Job done!
Thanks Tony. I searched for Liam's list too but could not find it. I apologize if Lille were not there. I have always assumed they were, just like Dortmund, being the front-runner. Apparently I was wrong.

By the way, yes, Chelsea were in the list too and should remain IMO. EPL definitely deserves three clubs in the list.

GreatScot please post a final list and we'll follow it no matter what. Sorry, if I have been a pain in the a*$ today
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Sent! And sorry I sent the Tie-breaker in another email; did not read that little "note" thingy at the end of the 1st post lol. So everyone else, remember to include your tie breaker
I haven't got them Chelseaman, well not yet anyway, double check you sent them to the right e-mail and not the old one!
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
just checked, and I did send it to the right address. You should receive it, in no time And in reply to your post above this one; Netnerd had Man utd, Chelsea and Arsenal on the list
Oh right, will add that for the next round I think! Sorry I posted the same message on your wall as well in case you didn't see this one, they still haven't arrived, but I'm off to bed now so i'll just check in the morning!
This is the list of 'big guns' as used in the competition run by netnerd:

3. You may only choose one home win from the following list of teams: Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan, Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Ajax, PSV, Marseille and Lyon
That's that sorted, the lille result counts, I'm nearly sure I had lille last week aswell
Thanks Bobo.  Guys, I apologize for the disruption.
Thanks guys for the updates
No problem marc, its easily done, I have to check myself, ask greatscot.... Lol, only tonight he had to change one of his.
He had two from the exclusion list, so he's changed one.... Simples
I hope your checking the selections john to make sure no one has more than one elite team in their home selections.... Lol
Now you have me wondering, i'll check them in a wee bit, but I'm out today so anyone who hasn't sent in yet will just have to be extra careful when doing their picks!
Thanks Tony
So, the TB is gonna' be sent in a different mail, sent again
Sent but forgot the number of goals for the TB
Sent it again with TB
Hey troops, see when your sending your predictions in could you be a little more specific, some people just write Real, now this weekend Real Madrid and Real Sociedad are both playing away from home, I would imagine that its Real Madrid you are plumping for but how can I be sure? And if it comes down to it and you beat someone by 1 point or drew then someone may be able to question that pick!

Cheers now!
GreatScot,    You are right. And I meant Madrid. Let's make it a rule to consider it as Madrid unless people specify otherwise.
Lifeguard 3 years ago
What about Athletico Madrid?
Yeah, just type the name of the club in, I mean it doesn't take much to just type, Real Madrid now does it, and saves the confusion!
Ok only 4 and 1/2 people still to send in their picks now, not bad going, i'll post who they are just now so if people see them they can give them a gentle reminder!

Sam.... (Tony will be quietly hoping Sam sleeps through his!)

FootyRulz....come on man why sign up and take a place away from someone if your not going to play? Or has Ayyam paid you a visit in the middle of the night?!?

Zlatan.... Only sent some of his in!

Ordaye.... With Rockerr holding a 2 point lead he'll probably be putting a bit of extra thought into his!

Hulanji14.... With a mountain to climb he is maybe seeking expert advice before sending his in, at this point Spurs look like they have more chance of getting through! Lol

Ok so that's who's still to send in, good luck everyone!

Elbert (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Hmmm I thought I sent mine.... Well i'll send it again to make sure
Yeah got them Elbert! Cheers mate!
Nah, I;ve given him meebo after meebo and he is still not doing anything. I'll give him a mega rant on his wall
It won't be as easy for sam this week, he won't enjoy coming to my place for the away leg, our fans are known for their hostility, and will give him a hearty welcome.... Lmao
Good LUCK SAM, if you can't do it for yourself, do it for the mods.... MOD ARMY, MOD ARMY, MOD ARMY.... Cheers arsenal
Ayyam you're a good man
I don't remember what I picked but I am not going to check it out because whenever I do I get the buyer's remorse.
The pressure is high this weekend. Some duels are hotter than others. Lifeguard against me, Tony vs Sam, Daayalo vs GreatScot and Rockerr vs. Ordaye. BoboRed too has promised a surprise comeback against Elbert.

I think Ayyam and Velja are through. And Chelseaman faces quite an uphill battle against Zlatan
Just Sent!
So probably only Ordaye and Hulanji are missing
Hulanji14 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
No, I sent mine almost 10 hours ago
They are probably all in, johns just not been online to tell us, I reckon he'll have the selections up in the morning, when his head clears
Footyrulz and hulanji as well
I will post them shortly when I get to my computer, had a few beers last night, heads a bit sore today! Lol
Picks now posted!
Elbert and I have 2 draws the same again, just like in the 1st leg! Those 3 points I need to make up on him could now prove tough...
The 3rd draw could make a difference though. I don't know why I chose Wolverhampton and Everton to tie over Blackburn and Birmingham haha
Especially since it was 3-0 to Everton at half time! Lol
Haha yeah I know right
Wow Blackburn tied...
I notice chelseaman93 has lille for a home win, when they are away, that won't help his cause
Your right he does, I never noticed that one! You do a good job of mopping up behind me Tony! Lol If he's to mount any sort of comeback he could have done without any mistakes!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football