Forums / The Massive Punt
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Netnerd "Memorial" Cup
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago

1st leg results now in!

Could still go either way in all the matches!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
God bless his cotton socks, wherever he may be.... This ones for you liam
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'm pouring some whiskey on the floor as I type, for the homies that have left
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I can only imagine how proud netnerd would be
Never poured whiskey on the floor in your life scally, your irish.... Lol, i've heard you like "black bush"
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Well, unless you plan to lick it off, then it is alright. Lol
Are we still talking about black bush
Marcinnys off on one ant, I'm lost.... Lol
Neat draw, had sepp blatter anything to do with it? , pitting two mods together, I smell a rat.... Lol    Good luck sam
Hahahahaha I was talking about pouring whiskey on the floor
Did anyone suggest otherwise?
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Nice draw! I hope this new competition brings me better luck, because if I bring my FTPL form into this, I will be toast lol
Yeah well you can't get minus anything, only gain points but its still the same predicting the draws will be crucial as they will put 3 points towards your total!

Should be interesting me thinks!
Lol Tony, not that I know
Speaking of Black Bush, does the carpet match the curtains?      I mean, when you pour it on the floor
Too much info ant, clock and poking fire comes to mind.
They make the "black bush" in northern ireland, so I'm used to it.... Hic.... !
I have fly fished for salmon many times right beside the bushmills distillery where they make black bush whiskey, its on the river bush and you can watch the salmon jumping up the waterfall next to the distillery, amazing sight.
Theres an awful lot of bushes
I've been there too Tony! I used to live above the Jameson distillery in Dublin so I made it a habit to tour whiskey distilleries
No doubt you recieved your free snorter, just the one glass mind.... Lol
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
Wait, does Netnerd "Memorial" Cup kicks off this weekend, or weekend after? National teams are playing this weekend....  
Week after mate, so you have loads of time to study form
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
I better hit the books! Thanks man...
That's the draw for the first round of the Netnerd cup, since its internationals this weekend we have a week and a half to study our predictions, so good luck to all!
Remember this is the E-Mail for you to send your predictions to!

BoboRed (Leeds United) 3 years ago
Is it one leg, straight knockout?
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
It`ll be 2 legs mate
Yeah its over 2 legs mate, gives everyone a fair crack at it, rather than being dumped out after 1 week!
Daalayo (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Good idea. Any away goal rules?  
Yeah the away goals rule counts and when you send your predictions i'll ask a tie breaker question as weell, probably just the total goals in the epl that weekend!
And I was hoping for some group matches. Lol

Lifeguard is a tough nut to crack. But it could have been worse.

Rockerr vs. Ordaye is like the match of the century. These are the winners of the past two tournaments. Ordaye is unofficial winner, but Rockerr still has the crown.

Sam vs. Tony is also a promised battle and so is AyyamS5 vs. FootyRulz

Phew.

Lifeguard 3 years ago
Hahaha - I don't know - you started picking up your game just as the last league closed.... It'll be interesting considering I'm not all that good with my picks
Me picking up, heh, I almost can hear Netnerd laughing from somewhere. I thought my chance was turning because I got a draw right, just when Netnerd resigned but then I lost that one too when the rest of the results came in. So I would have been only deeper in the bottom. Lol
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Hahaha, okay, so I don't even need to send picks then? Give me a zero and I get a bye to the next round
Hum. No, victory tastes better after a good fight.
I wasn't here for the past pl leagues so I don't really know about any of the match ups but its good we got some grudge matches in the first round to get the ball rolling!

I can't remember who was where in the leagues either before it finished so it was truly a random draw!

Still over a week to go before it kicks off, plenty of time for trash talking! Lol
Netnerd "Memorial" Cup is a nice touch. I guess it beats Netnerd WTF Cup that I had in mind. Lol
Yeah I'm sure Netnerd will be proud of it!
Lifeguard 3 years ago
No one better drop out of this one - we could make you pay.... What would you rather have, Juno come to your door or no Fan Valuation?
That's the thing lifeguard, doesn't really matter if someone drops out or forgets, its their loss and someone elses gain, with the cup competition if you forget once your probably out, and if you get through a couple of rounds your not going forget when your in with a shout of winning are you!

Its still a bit like the ftpl with the rule that if you forget twice your out!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Dayum, me and footyrulz, interesting! I like knockout, no room for mistakes, yet if you have a small stuff up then you can redeem in round 2!
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Bring it on Ayyam!
Oh? , theres the start of the mind games
Tony what were you saying about Sam in the first league? Silent, cold sniper something, I forgot now. Lol
Sams one to watch, callous doesent even begin to come into it
I'll be happy to just make it through 1 round if I'm honest, nobody wants to be out first!
Well you won't be out first.... Lol, there will be seven others going out with you.
Knowing your luck john, you'll walk this.... Lol
Where's soccergal?
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I didn't sign up
SELECTIONS SENT.... GOOD LUCK SAM
I shall be waiting to see what happens with the proposed La Liga strike before sending mine!
La Liga strike?    I've not heard anything of this! Is it for real?
No Barca/Madrid? What about my easy guaranteed pick?
Yup that's 2 people now sent theirs in! Only 13 to go, Tony i'll send mine on to you!
Is the strike for real? I've not looked into ot yet...
From Reuters:

A Madrid court will hear arguments for and against industrial action that could lead to the postponement of next weekend's La Liga matches.

The professional football league have threatened to suspend the 30th round of matches on April 2/3 in an attempt to force the government to scrap a rule that one La Liga game per weekend should be shown on freeview television.
With talks seemingly failing and strike action looming, six clubs, known as the G-6 and including heavyweights Sevilla and Villarreal, have broken ranks and filed a legal challenge to try to have the move declared void.
They believe a strike would be "disproportionate, inopportune, against the interest of clubs, the competition and supporters and against the law".
The LFP argue that removing the obligation to show one match for free will strengthen clubs' bargaining power in negotiations on audiovisual rights with media firms.
It also wants guarantees about how much cash clubs are entitled to receive from betting and lottery revenue.
A decision from the judge is expected on Wednesday.
Yep, I heard of the strike myself, but its easy to change your spanish selections if the strike comes about.  I can't see a big problem.
Sam (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Here I was hoping Tony would forget LOL! Good luck Tony!
You would need to send me your selections john before your opponent sends his to you, or that wouldnt be right,
Yeah your right, i'll do that today when I get home from work, I promise ii won't look at his if he's already sent them in that is!
f**k! I think I sent it to the old adress LOL. Sent
I gotta' say, I must agree with tony, greatscot, is this draw run by uefa? It' suspicious, two chelsea fans, two mods, we can't have an El Mod-O final
I can assure you Ayyam it is totally legit and above board! Remember I had no idea who the past winners of pl were so ther was seeding system or anything like that!
Anyway I just put all the names into a fixture generator and let it do the rest!
I'll pass your commplaint onto Sepp though! Lol
Maybe after this we can assemble an all-time leaderboard, with points for all comps? John how many have sent in?
That will be 7 now including mine which I have just sent to Tony, could you make sure you got them Tony cheers!
Recieved them john
Cheers Tony, still only got 8 in so far, that's half with 2 days to go plenty of time yet!
Spain's league programme will go ahead this weekend after a Madrid court upheld a challenge from six breakaway clubs and blocked proposed strike action.
"The court decides the official calendar for the first and second divisions should remain unaltered for the next round of matches, " a statement from the court said on Wednesday.

Ergo, I shall send my picks through shortly
Sent!
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Sent mine also
Lifeguard 3 years ago
And sent - after much debating and deliberation
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Just sent it
Yeah cheers Lifeguard that's us up to 11 now, as soon as we get all the entries in then I will reveal who has picked what teams and we can get the mini betting game up and running!
We are still on 11, if I'm still waiting by tomorrow afternoon sometime, I will post who hasn't sent theirs in and we can try and get in touch with them to hurry them along a bit!
Who's the other 5, and we can all look out for them, just incase they have forgot
WTF, there is no excuse!
I'll be back at my computer in a couple of hours, if they aren't in by then i'll post who's still to send theirs in!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football