Maybe you like to get hurt. Lol
Zeora (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I think I will hold that position for a long time
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Forgot about this ill send the email right now
3 years ago
Received and confirmed FootyRulz
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Okay netnerd I think soccergal doesent have internet, and so yup I speak for her and say she's in, and I would send you an email but it takes a ridculously long time. So can you confirm here
3 years ago
You guys are confirmed, as I know you're on holiday
Thanks any new news on Prediction League netnerd
3 years ago
It will start in the new year
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Yeah I havent been on the internet much because its so slow lol though now i've got better internet and its actually quite fast and it looks like I just made it to confirm my entry lol
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Let's have one more and make it 60 people. Although 80 would help make it resemble even more to the English football top tiers structure.

Liam, should we run a last round of grass-roots publicity campaign for the new league? Or maybe you have enough people to keep your hands full with this one?
3 years ago
Well the list of 59 above is just the initial list of people who expressed interest. I've published it again in case people recognise footytube friends that may not necessarily stop by the forums that often and can be reminded. I imagine there will be a few dropouts from the above list, and equally we may attract some new participants.

Theres no upper limit on numbers, the more the merrier (at the time of writing I have 17 entrants who have confirmed by email)
Tony or any other moderator, can this thread become more easily seen and accessible?

Maybe it is already and I don't know about it, but it would be nice to have a link on the left side pane or anything that would make it even more user-friendly.

We'll see how it will go, but I think there are enough people who have signed up to allow for some more visible spot.

Just friendly advice here. I am not part of the organizers, just an enthusiastic participant (high on caffeine as well - lol)
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Made it sticky, surely that should suffice?
Thanks Tony
So click on forums - one step
Click on the punters lounge - step two
Click on the only stickied thread - strep three

I think it is alright for now
3 years ago
Punters Lounge hasn't been used since the World Cup, so we have the place to ourselves, that's why I hijacked it.

Each week will have its own thread, due to the big increase in number of picks that will need to be printed. Keeping it in the Punters Lounge means that other peoples topics won't be constantly pushed down to the bottom
Alles klar
Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
There's no my name there...
3 years ago
Did you sign up? Send confirmation to the email above and your place will be reserved
Zeora (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Netnerd can you write [Confirmed] behind the names of the people who confirmed their entry?
3 years ago
I will be replying to all emails, to confirm i've received.

Also, a new thread will be opened shortly, with a league table, to be updated as entries are received, and week by week with points, thereafter.

Just to confirm, I replied to your email a couple of hours ago
Not in the table?! Fearing my predicting prowess they are trying to leave me out of the tournament.
Youngy (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
Just sent e-mail, is it too late to enter?
Your in youngy.... Don't panic captain mainwaring
I don't want to be a pest, but of it is not too much work, everyone loves ranking numbers before the names in a table.

It may not be important for this one, since this is alphabetically sorted, but in the future when we have the leagues' tables
3 years ago
I'll do that once the season starts Marcinny. I just threw up a quick table that I can update easily for the time being, so people can see they are confirmed
Thanks
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Best of luck with this and many, many thanks to Netnerd for arranging and managing it. He deserves your thanks (and a Christmas present)

Steaming dog turd? , in nice xmas wrapping paper.... Wait a minute.... !, did rockerr get his prize? , he was a late entrant who took over jimmybreezes place, so I guess he doesent know what first prize is.... Poor guy.

Ants reneged on the prize, or his dogs been knocked down
Maybe, his dogs don't give s**t for our tournament
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
You'll be happy to know my dog just let out the largest, steaming christmas log I've ever seen, and I instantly scooped it up for a bonus prize in this competition.

Delicious

Ant, this generosity will be remembered by many generations of men and dogs
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Could we get the rules posted again? I am sure you will but I tend to be paranoid when I type high lol.

I can't wait for this to start, although I don't predict that my predictions will go as predicted, I imagine it will be a rollercoaster of fun.

Salud to all the competitors
3 years ago
Che! Rules now re-posted in the Punters Lounge!
HangTime (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Might be too late already but just want to say it out. Yesterday when I was doing the preseason prediction, since two more leagues are added to our choices I think it's way easier now to predict 3home and 3 away wins. We now have more better teams to pick from. Maybe we could do at least 4 home and away wins, maybe draws also. Therefore, I believe that there will be very few players that go to the negative and lose a match. There will be many players that go on hardly or never losing a match unless all the top teams flop in a certain week.
Just A thought.
Adding the two leagues won't help me though, I know nothing about the other two leagues and will not pick from them. I just finally got the hang of the italian, german, and spanish league from the 2010 prediction league
3 years ago
I also added extra teams to the "big guns" home pick restrictions list, to counter this
Netnerd, you genius, MS Excel, haha, If I could see you I'd hug you right now    Sorry, using MacBooks make me high
3 years ago
Excel and paint.... Keep it simple this time
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Is it too late to join? I didn't know you guys moved to a different page
3 years ago
No worries, send email to the address above, and you're in mate
Joeymac (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Hey netnerd, I sent an email, but it didn't register, so sorry if you get two emails from me, but count me in

Kick4Life - changing lives through football