Forums / The Massive Punt
Order: Newest / Oldest
Knockout Prediction Tournament
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Ok so this is how its gonna' work....

Its going to be a knockout tournament played over 2 legs, you will be going head2head against another user!

You will chose your matches the same way as Netnerds game, hope you can remember the rules, the scoring will be slightly different though....

For a correct Home win you will get 1 point!

For a correct Away win you will get 2 points

For a correct Draw you will get 3 points!

These will go towards your points total and will be up against someone else's total, and because its over 2 legs you will get another shot at going through should you have a bad first week!

We will start it next weekend so commit onto this post and the deadline will be Thursday night to enter then I will make the draw to find out who will be up against who!

I will set up an e-mail address for you to send your predictions to and hopefully we will get enough people joining to make it a decent tournament!

Maybe the staff can sort out some fan valuation for the winner? I don't know if they have that in their powers?!

Ok any questions?!? I'm sure to have missed something!

Send your Predictions to this e-mail address!

Ftpredictions@hotmail.co.uk

Same as before....

Homes: xxxxxx, xxxxxx, xxxxxx,

Aways: xxxxxx, xxxxxx, xxxxxx,

Draws: xxxxxx, xxxxxx, xxxxxx,

Cheers all!
Ayyam can you still get into the e-mail that Netnerd used for his game?
I'm in by the way!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I'll have a bash john
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
You can't beat the ftpl, but hey why not
Nah you can't your right but this will do for the time being! We'll try and get something sorted for next season!
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
I'm all in!
Good good that's 4, keep em coming!
BoboRed (Leeds United) 3 years ago
In
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Alrighty - I'm in too
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I am also in
Sam (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Count me in!
Daalayo (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I am in!  
Ordaye (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Don't forget Halfway Winner
Hulanji14 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Sign me up. GreatScot, I really appreciate that you decided to revive the FTPL
Yeah no worries, it was a fun game, this is basically the same format just a few changes, and seen as we've not got long left its a more like a league cup knockout competition!
Cheers Hulanji!)
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'm in too!
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Very interesting stuff. I`m in  
Only one more needed john, I added zlatan for you on your list
Cheers again Tony!
ALL places NOW filled.... Sorry
Entry list {now filled)
1. GreatScot....
2. Tony....
3. AyyamS5....
4. VeljaSrbin....
5. BoboRed....
6. Lifeguard....
7. Chelseaman93....
8. Sam....
9. Daalayo....
10. Ordaye....
11. Hilanji14....
12. FootyRulz....
13. Rockerr....
14. Marcinny....
15. Zlatan94310....
16. Elbert....
I will set up an E-mail on Monday for you to send your predictions to, remember only matches from the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Eredivisie, Serie A and Ligue 1.

And you can only pick 1 home win from the top teams in each league, that are Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, PSV, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Lyon and Marseille!
The rest you can go nuts with!
Does that make sense?!

I thought the rules that Netnerd laid down were still there but when I went to look they had vanished along with Netnerd!
Ok I'm kinda hoping for at least double this amount of people, before we get started but its only been a day and we have 7 so keep em coming!
Good luck john, thanks for taking on the task, netnerd would be proud of you
Chelsea no longer a big gun at home? Has stamford bridge been penetrated?    Watch this space, it'll change if city beat us
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yeah why aren't the blues in that list?
Oh right I just got that, yeah they are but I couldn't remember which 2 Netnerd had so I just guessed tbh, he only had 2 from each league right?!
Ok troops I only need 1 more entry, as I plan to play each round over 2 legs 16 is the right amount of players for the amount of matches we have left, there is 8 matches which over 2 legs is 4 rounds, round of 16, quarter finals, semi final and final!
So if you want in you better hurry only 3 spots left!
I would like to join as well could you confirm my entry?
Yeah just commit to the first post, but yeah your in!
E-mail address posted above now!    Hey how do you get the enlarge the letters to make the e-mail address more noticeable?
Well netnerd used to insert a large image of the adress maybe one of the mods might be able to help increase the font size
That makes sense! I'll try that now! Cheers FootyRulz!
That's the address to send your predictions to! Cheers folks!
FOLY HUCK, EVEN ME WITH MY BAD eyesight couldn't MISS THAT.... LOL  You don't mess about john, you deffo made it a bigun
Btw, the eyesights down to old age.... Cheers arsenal
Haha my eyesight is pretty bad too but even I wouldn't miss that, I did it really quickly never really paid much attention to the size! It'll do for now! Lol
I forgot we've got Internationals this weekend, so game won't get going till the 2nd April, more time for us to study our predictions eh?! Lol
Dig our own graves you mean
One thing liam DID DO when he ran the ko compo, he had to e. Mail his selections to someone else who he wasnt playing that week, it makes sense, and you can't be accused of changing your selections, I'm not saying your a cheat john, far from it, but the question probably will come up from someone if not me
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Yes, GreatScot, you should proof your predictions by e-mailing them every week to a different person.  Netnerd's rule.
Yeah I was thinking that, I wasn't sure if I was just gonna' meebo them to someone or whatever but, yeah i'll do that! I'll just reply to someones predictions that they send me! Cheers guys!
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I am in. SO you only need to more.    All hail to Netnerd's memory!
Yeah so only 1 more needed now! If you know someone that usually plays that maybe hasn't noticed this one yet let them know before there's no spots left!

Maybe we should have called this the *Netnerd ftpl Cup*?!

Just so you know, seen as there is no seeding I will be doing a random draw for each round, then the semi finals losers will play a 3rd/4th place playoff!
The "netnerd memorial CUP"
The "Netnerd Memorial Cup" it is, once we get the last 2 entries I will start a new thread and make the draw for the first round!
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Hey lads! I`m In ^^
Don't panic mate, i've already added you, we need one more player
Cheers Tony, keeping on top of things, good to see!
I've noticed that soccergal isn't here, she was a regular last time and just pipped me to promotion before the pl was stopped , she might be up for the last spot?!
Well theres time, but we can't refuse someone else, so she may move it
Hey guys sometimes I can be a bit of a fool but thankfully this time i've noticed it well in advance, tonight I thought i'd better test the e-mail address make sure it works fine and all, then realised i'd posted the wrong e-mail address, by just a few letters!

Instead of it being.com its actually.co.uk!

Imagine I hadn't noticed and was wondering why no-one was sending in their predictions! Lol

If someone wants to test it now feel free! Lol

And if someone wants to give me a facepalm I don't mind either!
What football, its an international break, theres no club football until the following week, or have I missed something.... Lol
Elbert (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Can I still join?
Your in elbert, your the last one.... Lucky boy
That's all the places filled folks, sorry for anyone that didn't make it in time, but john has been talking about this for a week.

All yours john, will the draw be televised? .... Skysports maybe?
When does the first round start?
There is Internationals this weekend so will be the one after that!
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I'll be guessing who will win in each match after picks are posted, if anyone wants to join my little betting game.... Ill be happy to add in some weekly points to right guessers. You don't HAVE to do it all the time.... Like when your bored you can just add a prediction to any games.

So like Week 1

Soccergal:
Ayyam > Tony
Or
Tony > Ayyam
Or
Tony - Ayyam

If people do start joining me 1 point for guessing the winner right 2 points for guessing a draw right

So pretty simple- No restrictions, just post in some bets before the games start, (Just reply to my post) Editing is accepted just don't be stupid and copy someone elses lol that's just dog.

Oh and Everyone and Anyone can do it, so both players in the Cup and non contenders like me. You can bet on your own game aswell if you were wondering, any questions will be appreciated if asked after replying to this post....
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Prizes for the winners? The best I can think of some badges and cool votes? Or any particular vote you would like? Lol.... Tell me something better you can think of. I don't think this is official enough for me to ask mods for fan val prizes....

Maybe DreamFooty tips? Idk whatever you want.... Lol, I don't think anyone is gonna' join this anyway.... Ill just be betting for fun
I'll be waiting to see what the matches I have to choose from are like before I hedge any bets! Lol

This should be a good wee game alongside the cup!

Maybe you should post it in the cup thread so more people notice it when its up and running!
What if your tie ends in a draw after both legs john? , is it whoever has the most draws wins? , and if its still level, the most away wins or what, or should you ask a tie break question like liam did? .
For the second leg games you could ask a tie break question, like how many goals will be score in whatever league this weekend, just incase theres a draw, what do you think john?
Tony, Wtf, make up yout mind, do you want to win, lose or draw, lol.
Yeah good point, I suppose i'll go with the away goals rule like in a proper cup competition and i'll ask for a total amount of goals in the epl that weekend as well in case we need another tie breaker!

Cheers Tony!
Is there going to be different threads for each week to keep everything organized or is there just going to be one long thread like last time?
Different threads I think, keeps it looking nice and tidy instead of having to scroll through everything to get to the bit you want!  
Please tell me I wasn't too late this week!
Your too late for last week, but you still have time for this weeks, and you are not with out a chance, although your 6-0 down, but that's only two draws, so you never know.
I just realized I had sent the email twice for last week I hope you guys just ignore that

Kick4Life - changing lives through football