Forums / The Massive Punt
Order: Newest / Oldest
Footytube Prediction League Feedback And Suggestions
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Just a thread I think we should open. You can state changes, complain about rules, and yadda yadda, I just think this is kind of necessary.

I'll start, I think a cool idea is adding an extra section to who will win at home, who will win at away etc, and a section called, who will score, we could test it out this year with premier league only and maybe next year/season gradually add more leagues.

Also please add your feedback and suggestions!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
One idea I would like to see, would be to charge the pl users say £5m fv to enter, which you get doubled if your still there at the end, win or not, as long as you have taken part, and not fallen by the wayside.
And anyone that does fall away, they lose their £5m.... Simples
Maybe one for the future
A form of gambling liam? .... Lol
3 years ago
Unfortunately, I think the only way that a PL can be successful on here is you are able to submit your entries directly through the site.

We have seen already that writing a 2 minute email is far too much for most people
Seems as though if fv isn't involved, they don't wanna type anything.
Sending entries direct to the site would be open to cheating, and changing selections etc:.
Plus others getting a look at your selections even before they have submitted theirs
3 years ago
A few boxes that you have to tick next to your selections, that wouldn't be revealed until after the closing time...
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Can they not introduce PM's?
On another site people PM me their predictions, only person that see's them is me, they are always in by Friday night and works fine!
50 people came, 30 sent there emails, and only 20 are still particpating.

Shows huh, how hard it is to open up a fixtures tab, and just copy and paste it down.

Some people
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I think tying the fan evaluation money with the abandonment of the league is an interesting way of forcing the participants not to desert the competition. Provided that they don't abandon the site altogether. Lol

I have no idea what it takes from the programming side "to submit your entries directly through the site. " (The easier you make it the better it is for our lazy a$$es).

Weekly bonuses, like getting a spot in the cup etc, certainly keeps the attention up.

Expert Of The Week, Exert Of The Month, could be a few other trophies based on the results. It could show with a small icon by the name, like the Pro+ and Staff, if footytube agrees, but the basic idea is that small temporary titles and awards keep the drive going.
I wanted to suggest this idea, but I think the admins would say "you already have offline meeebo" which btw is a pain in the ass to copy and paste s**t OFF
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I would also make it easier for people to get in the competition in the later stages and would give more chances to those who drop out, to come back. The lag in points is punishment enough
Lifeguard (Bayern München)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I think that if indeed this is the end for this round of the PL, we definitely need an incentive to stay in. Or a penalty to leave

Kick4Life - changing lives through football