Forums / The Massive Punt
Order: Newest / Oldest
Football Survivor: The Final-Congrats Tony! :)
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
So here we are at the final of football survivor!

It's been a long stressful process as you have beaten and voted each other out, but we are down to our final 3 so this weekend we will have our winner!

The final 3 stands as.........................

Somere
Tony
ManUK

Out of the original 14 that started you have battled your way to the final, well done guys!

So if you would help me out here, the idea of the final is to get everyone that originally played the game to come back and vote for their winner and this is the list of those who played!

Ayyam
Lifeguard
Chelseaman93
Cloudst
BoboRed
Naota
TheBarcaShow
Zlatan94310
Donnchadh
Kimaway
And of course myself!

If these guys get voting it will make it a more interesting final!

Saturday, 10 December 2011
Arsenal v Everton, 15:00
Bolton v Aston Villa, 15:00
Liverpool v QPR, 15:00
Man Utd v Wolverhampton, 15:00
Norwich v Newcastle, 15:00
Swansea v Fulham, 15:00
West Brom v Wigan, 15:00
Sunday, 11 December 2011
Sunderland v Blackburn, 13:30
Stoke v Tottenham, 16:00

Same rules guys E-mail me your scores and the contestant who gets the highest score will gain an extra free vote!

Also the final 3 can vote FOR their winner too, you can vote for yourself if you wish too!

Ok I think that's all, let the games commence!

Tony______3pts
Arsenal 2-1 everton
Bolton 2-1 aston villa
Liverpool 2-1 qpr
Man utd 3-0 wolves
Norwich 1-1 newcastle
Swansea 0-1 fulham
West brom 2-1 wigan
Sunderland 2-2 blackburn
Stoke 1-2 tottenham

Somere_________6pts
Arsenal 3-1 Everton, 15:00
Bolton 1-2 Aston Villa, 15:00
Liverpool 3-1 QPR, 15:00
Man Utd 5-0 Wolverhampton, 15:00
Norwich 1-2 Newcastle, 15:00
Swansea 1-1 Fulham, 15:00
West Brom 3-2 Wigan, 15:00
Sunderland 2-2 Blackburn, 13:30
Stoke 1-1 Tottenham, 16:00

ManUK______9pts
Arsenal 2-0 Everton, 15:00
Bolton 1-2 Aston Villa, 15:00
Liverpool 2-0 QPR, 15:00
Man Utd 1-0 Wolverhampton, 15:00
Norwich 1-3 Newcastle, 15:00
Swansea 0-1 Fulham, 15:00
West Brom 2-2 Wigan, 15:00
Sunderland 2-1 Blackburn, 13:30
Stoke 0-3 Tottenham, 16:00
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I thought I would make mention of the three finalists being united fans, I'm proud of you lads whoever wins.... Glory glory
Sent my final selections john.... Good luck to all
I see all United fans eh? Seems we may have had a game plan all along.... Lifeguard never stood a chance! Lol
Are you suggesting underhand tactic's john?  Utd don't cheat.... Lol
Sam (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
They just play on Fergie time....
Leave it sam
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Doesn't matter how it happened, United will be champions again!
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
I have to admit I did use mind games
Take no prisoners Somere, there can only be one winner!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
So what can I do exactly?
You email me with your vote for who you thinks should win! Cheers Ayyam, just In case the email address is ftpredictions@hotmail.co.uk
Peteko 3 years ago
I am completely erased from the memory. I am like Trocky in Stalinist Russia, or like Adebayor in Arsenal's.... Anyway.    
Lifeguard 3 years ago
There's still that bitter taste in my mouth.... The pain of being betrayed by my own teammates, they used me....

Ahhh whatever, lets have a fun round
That's the spirit paul, its only a bit of a laugh anyway
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I still take pride that Team FIFA is still the victors
Cloudst 3 years ago
Vote sent in
Thank you cloudst your a good man!
We're allowed to bribe people for their vote right? After all this is team fifa lol
(I'm not serious for anyone who's wondering)
Ssshhhh sepp
Ok i've left a message on everyone's wall to get a vote in, can't do much more than that, the only person that has voted so far is Cloudst, I hope a few more come back and vote!
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Done
Thank you mate
Lifeguard 3 years ago
I did send you a meebo which I believe you got.... So that makes three voters? Lol
Cloudst, TheBarcaShow, Ayyam, Chelseaman and yourself makes 5 votes, that's a bit better than I had expected!
Everyone's final selections posted....  
The suspense!
I know its not me, my points tally was pathetic this week, whoever wins it, deserves it.
Great game, and a big thanks to john for his time and effort.
Cheers
I will tally up scores shortly, gonna' get your overall score too and see where that puts you in respect to what position you finished!

Not long to go now...
Well the vote's are in and I can reveal the person who scored the most consistently over the whole process has unfortunately lost out in the final vote....

So with an overall score of 58 and in 3rd place is.... ....

Can you guess who it is?

Keep Reading....

Surprisingly enough with just 3 votes to his name it's Somere!

That came as a bit of a shock to me if I'm honest, Somere was one of the strongest players and I thought that would be enough to see him through and I was wrong!

The voting was very tight though so unlucky mate good effort though you go home with a bronze medal and a free day out at the dungeons of footytube, but be warned you may never return home!

Stay tuned to find out who the winner is.... ....
I should be 3rd, someres been consistently good all the way through
Peteko 3 years ago
Hum, charisma trumps the capability to predict. Tony may win this one.

(Now since I lack both these virtues, I wonder what do I do around here. Lol)
So time to find out the winner of the very first Football Survivor.............

First of all Thanks to everyone who played and especially those who made an effort to come back and vote, that was what the game was all about in the end and I was counting on people to vote for their winner and we got a total 9 votes including the 3 that still remained at the end that's 12 in total out of 16 that played so I'm happy enough with that!

So in 1st place and the winner is..........................................

Wait for it..........................................................

You knew I was going to do this didn't you?

It is the final after all!

Ok no more messing about..........

And the winner after amassing a total of 5 votes is.................................

Tony!

Tony conrats mate your fellow players have voted for you to be the winner of the first football Survivor you must be thrilled, I know you said you don't think you deserve but your fellow team mates must have seen something in your performances to vote you their winner!

Also well done to ManUK you only just lost out with 4 votes so it was all very tight with Tony just edging it!

Not that it matters now but Tony's over all score was 39 and ManUK's was 50 so it seemed to go in descending order, Somere had the highest average and he came 3rd and Tony had the lowest and he won!

I guess that's what made this game a little different, wouldn't you agree?

Cheers for playing guys!

I can't even read my acceptance speech as the tears of joy have smudged all the writing.
My winner is somere, on his predictions alone, he was great all the way through.
Very good game where picking the right score doesent gaurantee you anything it seems.... Lol.
Well done everyone, maybe after xmas john might have another bash at this, providing he's not busy
Peteko 3 years ago
Congratulations to Tony for winning the popularity contest!

Special awards should go also to Somere for accumulating the most points during the tournament and to ManUK for winning the last round of predictions.

Thanks to GreatScott for the contest and the emotions that came with it
You might remember Tony was just about to go out very early on but a few never sent in their score's or votes so Tony ended up switching sides and crossing the divide onto team FIFA, so by scaping past that early scare he was pretty much untroubled the rest of the way!
Oh in that case I don't feel half as bad then.... "championie".... "championie".... OLE.... OLE.... OLE.... Lmfao
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Congrats Tony
Peteko 3 years ago
Above all he had to defeat a giant like me
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Well done. I enjoyed the competition. And congrats to tony, great move flying below the radar and winning it. Great strategy if I ever saw one. Can't wait for round 2!
You where robbed somere lol It seems your predictions got you nothing. Well congrats to Tony for getting the most votes and I look forward to next time (at least I hope there's a next time)
I would put more emphasis on the points next time, and maybe not as much on outside votes, I'm sure john can think something up
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Congratz on the win Tony, I admit I did not vote for you, as I thought the hardest working and most accurate predictor should win.... But you proved me wrong anyways
Cloudst 3 years ago
Congrats Tony ^__^
I'm glad you all enjoyed it, Peteko got it spot on it's more of a popularity contest when you reach the final but the earlier rounds is every man for himself, it was a bit of a tricky one to run when the teams got so uneven I had to come up with something to even it out that's when I started with the head to head round and that got the numbers down as well, I've a feeling that it would have got a bit stale and boring if we were just doing the voting thing every week!

I'll have a think about it and get back to you after New Year on what to do, I'll probably present you with 2 choices.... Another survivor game of a predictor league of old!

I'll leave it with you, might start another thread and get voting then we can start taking entries!
Hopefully "predictofooty will be available to all members by then, its a good game, well laid out
Peteko 3 years ago
You did a great job John. Not easy to run these contests. Thanks for keeoing up the entertainment around here.
Head to head battles are always fun. Although, I hate losing and I usually do.

Tony, I like the name: "predictofooty"
Cheers Peteko,

Predictofooty is available to Pro+ users just now, not sure when it's going to go mainstream but I can't wait till it does it will be awesome!

Guess who's top of the "predictofooty league".... Ahhemm.... !

Kick4Life - changing lives through football