Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Why We Don't Use Man U...Must Read Specially FOREIGN Supporters.
Naushad (Mohammedan Dhaka) 2 years ago
Man UTD is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example of its usage is this chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "Man u" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"Man UTD Man UTD went on a plane Man UTD Man UTD never came back again"

And....

"Man UTD Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich").

I hope this makes it clearer that saying Man UTD is an insult, particularly to the older supporters and to see United fans using it now is shameful. I hope a few might read this, understand and spread the word.

So.... Please refrain from using this term ever again!

Use MU, Man United or Manchester United don't be lazy and disrespect the fans and club you love.
Naushad (Mohammedan Dhaka) 2 years ago
This is what I found in the Official website
MariusV (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Its usually for the younger fans also
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Thought it was only Man you, not Man Utd
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@Dgrant117 Man Utd has never been a problem in the 48 years that i've supported United, Man you ok (nice way of putting it mate !)
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I rather people type MU if they're too lazy to type United, or Manchester United. Wish this thread should be sticky, like the "Ten Commandments" lmao
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
We are the most famous club in the world !
We are the best supported club in the world!
We are the most succsesfull club in English football history!
We are Manchester United Football Club The Gods gift to Football !
Keep the faith !

And stuff what any other moron sings !

Kick4Life - changing lives through football