Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
United Fancast #2
Ldinho (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Good job so far
ToruHyuga (Manchester United) 1 year ago
When is the United Fancast #3 going to be release? Also no rush just wondering because this one was very good.
[account-removed] 1 year ago
@ToruHyuga  Its probably going to be tomorrow. Post match reactions vs QPR, and other topics that happened during the week
^Cool.
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Good job so far guys, keep up the hard work and thanks for doing this. I love the intros with the goal commentaries, great idea. Could maybe end the podcast with the same thing, but maybe a united goal of the week commentary or something or a popular chant.

Some interesting things you could possibly add to the podcast:
--a section with short summary of how our academy and loan kids are doing, updated regularly
--a section for transfer news and gossip for only things that sound likely to happen, or things trending on twitter or whatever
--a section like scott the red has on ROM, "A view from the enemy, " where you invite a member from a rival fan base (for an upcoming match, a match just completed, or maybe a fan from a club we have a good youth prospect on loan to.... Or frkm a club with a player we are heavily linked with in the media for a transfer.
--a short preview of the next match: injury updates, tactics, team strengths and weaknesses (from whoscored.com),
Betting odds or match scoreline predictions (also can get from whoscored.com), key matchups, players in good or bad form, etc.
-mentioning interesting stats from prophet's stat page, like who leads in assists, tackles, whatever seems interesting
--also it is great that you do a post-match analysis, but you could supplement that with articles from eplindex, zonalmarkijg. Net, or even who scored.com for man of the match, tactics, and other in-game stats for high and low performers
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
We are implementing all of the above in our future shows.

When I script write, I try my best to mention stats that would benefit us in upcoming fixtures. Also "A View From The Enemy" we will do, mainly at rival matches. If Somere gets on, we can have more conversations about the youth. I tried to do it more in the first episode, but I guess the show has been dragged out in conversation, you can't really notice it. I need to try harder in being a main host though, I need to research some tips and hints
Prophet88 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Thanks SIF for those nice suggestions, we have considered some of them to put into the episodes like "a view from the enemy" and the previews and reviews segments with stats and tactical sense. And some like betting odds, academy kids, key matchups, good and bad form and overall stats of the season with respect to a player are some that we should consider.

As this is still very much a work in progress and there is a need to create a proper format, dividing the podcast into proper segments, making a good script.... And other important tweaks. So overtime we'll get that fixed and sort it out, also nothing in the pod is constant as we still are trying to find our feet and need some good speakers and humorous ones too.... Lol.... So if we feel that anyone can do a good job at that he/she could become a permanent caster if needed be which is why we are inviting others to participate and test themselves
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Yeah I think divide and conquer could help here. Someone is responsible for the overall outline, then delegate segments of the script to others to fill in details, come back together again to produce the final product so everyone is on the same page. Or are you guys already doing this?

And dgrant no worries, you guys are doing fine. It would get easier once you've established a reliable format and pattern, and gotten a little practice with transitioning between topics
Yeah we have already planned that and have started implementing too but as I said no one has been given specific duties yet as we still are trying to figure out who'd be best for each different role which is why I invited you for our next one and we'll keep inviting people until we get the proper people with the right formula.

And as you said with more experience we'll get more smoother and iron out the problems
Kickass suggestions. Personally, I would like to see myself phased out after the short term, in terms of being a podcast guest. I will probably be involved in the video editing (for uploading the podcast to youtube) and there are a bunch of ideas I have for making that vids and overall podcast good. Since this is a podcast, the audio editing is easy and fast to do, unlike video editing (since this is primarily a podcast).

So its a Audio-Visual format, with editing priority given to audio. But there are some stuff can be done to make the video cool. Like I said, bunch of ideas and I will start phasing them in the coming podcasts. Just want to make a list of ideas first and let a few more podcasts roll out before I decide what to phase in first, second, etc.

Keep the feedback coming. This podcast is for all United fans, especially those based in footytube
Thanks for the feedback, SIF, I'm sure we can get this show at a high level. We all have potential to do so
Not sure if you guys do this but you should maybe write down a list or schedule of topics to discuss about so when you have finished discussing about all the topics you can end the podcast with more fluidity because in the end of this podcast it sounded like you didn't know if you were done or not with it.

Also I am a fan of the podcast so keep it up.
We do prepare a script before doing the gig. But the intro and ending for the podcast is still awkward, but we will get over the awkwardness/shyness.

Thanks for your feedback
^Sounds good. Also I might have a idea for a potential topic you guys can discuss about. Maybe you should discuss about your Preferred and/or Predicted line ups for the upcoming match
I hope this becomes more popular around the site, please give your comments and feedback in here, we have a lot of good things that we want to do for future episodes
The second United Fancast has been uploaded to youtube. In this we discuss the match vs Reading, and player performances and tactics.

The cast for this one are dgrant117, prophet, and myself. We will be making a new youtube channel specifically for these podcasts, and we will discontinue usage of my channel.

The audio quality is better this time, but the overall podcast quality is a work in progress and we ask you to bear with us, but we will get to the level that you deserve to see from us.

Feedback and support is very much welcomed.

Also add to that if there is anything in specific or any topics that you think we should cover in our next podcast please feel free to recommend it and we'll see if we can accommodate with the content for the next episode
DTaDiablo ((Footytube Staff)) 1 year ago
Hey guys, thanks very much for the first podcast. Audio was pretty good and you all were audible. I liked the format, specifically with someone taking the lead on the questions with some pretty interesting debates on the players and tactics.

I particularly like the discussion on Smalling, for me I didn't understand why Smalling was played at RB when we had Rafael on the bench? Smalling needs game time absolutely but I think it would be far beneficial in the long run if he was paired with Rio / Vidic to get some valuable experience.

I would like to see a bit more talk on perhaps on upcoming games as well as maybe a small discussion on transfer gossip and targets

Kick4Life - changing lives through football