Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Swansea City V Manchester United, Dec 23
DenisT (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Either way, Manchester didn't do good enough that game
TheCheshireCat (Manchester United) 2 years ago
OHHH ROBIN VAN PERSIEEEEEEEEEE!
Buenos (Aston Villa) 2 years ago
Those are a losers actions personified. Did not take his eyes of RVP the whole time, while following through on that kick.
Deserves enough of a punishment to at least make him think twice about it next time
Very true. But don't try to convince people on here. They are throwing their opinions around without having watched the game.
Williams and Flores were nasty the entire game. Everyone is praising their defensive achievements but nobody knows how they managed to achieve it.
They would have made Pepe proud!
Richardajohn (Swansea City) 2 years ago
What a load of b******s
AndiUnited (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Oh cumon Richard, your players, especially Chico, were playing dirty throughout the match. The ref had a shocker!    Ps. Merry Xmas!
RockofGbrlter (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Its as if you were on the field and in his head! Wow! You lot would make great psychiatrists!
Didn't need to be on the pitch or in their heads to realize how they went in for reckless tackles as if they didn't care about the possibility of mangling the opposition player.
Typical case of an average to crap player trying to injure a vastly superior player to him
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Rock you can't make fun of me for sounding british on this website anymore.... You do the same bloody thing mate!.... Ahaha
Jiffymanutd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Y'know, I think i'd call BS that williams tried to apologize. I think it takes two seconds to realize that you've nailed someone in the back of the head from two yards. His immediate reaction isn't to see if he's ok or to apologize, instead he stands up to RVP when he gets up. I think if he felt sorry, it would have shown right away.

Just my opinion
RedDevil08 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Woww.... Reading these comments just made me realise that some people are very insensitive. I know he's a utd player and all but seriously that was uneccessary and dangerous and those who say its not, well hopefully it happens to you one day! Idiots!
Recson (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Flop of the match really should be Rooney
Cjaystacks (Manchester United) 2 years ago
He had one hell of a bad game
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Hahahah Nathan Dyer has no clue at all why RVP reactly so angrily to williams
Recson (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Mate, just put yourself in his position. How would you react to the incident?
Faceo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Fantastic defensive performance by swansea, great game for vorm
Pepperoninipz (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Great Header!
Pepperoninipz (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Great Header!
Mik0lai (KS Widzew Lódz) 2 years ago
Many tackles can result in a broken leg.
Some do.
Most do not.

Fergie needs to calm down, the only guy who has a right to be angry is van persie. If you want to see someone almost die, go watch john terry get a full power kick to the jaw. THAT was crazy
Hope (Arsenal) 2 years ago
^ I agree with you but most managers do defend their players blindly.... So I understand SAF comments. Lol
Mik0lai (KS Widzew Lódz) 2 years ago
You make a good point as well, I just done like how he uses these exaggerated terms like "lucky to be alive".... But I guess he's just feeding the media so they can have a great headline
Malachai (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Overall view on the game:

1) Swansea played well. Man Utd played not so well.
2) Rooney was not on form
3) THe incident on van persie. Totally unnecessary. No matter he got up quick or not, he could have been seriously hurt. TO those who said a ball can't kill a person, obviously has failed physics
^if they die with a hit ball players shouldn't allowed to play with it though.... Lol
Goalkeeperfreak (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Cause football is not smashing the ball into someone's head from less than 50cm away
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@hope when will you realize that the definition of football is not to purposely kick someone's head with a ball at full power from a few yards away

You and others who are joking about that incident are definitely not mature enough to see things from a neutral perspective.... Too narrow minded I would say, pathetic
WetporridgeCITY (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Hypocrite red face strikes again.... Story could have been different if van persie kick the ball at william's head
At least our manager doesn't sit with his hands in his pocket all game on the chair and couldn't give a f*ck about his club. Moreover, couldn't even handle the discipline of the players
WetporridgeCITY (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Awww another red face
^ I think every managers defends their player blindly so I don't blame SAF. Lol
Tomasmolan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Oh are the Man City fans back. Ye went very quite on here when we beat your team a few weeks ago, hello again, nice to see you, welcome back
RedDevil08 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@tomasmolan: I was about to say.... Thank you!
Cjaystacks (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Where was this city fan when we beat them at the emptyhad? Even snitch went hiding
Kain (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Luckily enough that van persie is still alive without a broken neck when williams pelted the ball at him
Madro (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Getting a football kicked at your head does not kill you.  Fergi complains too much
Sugalee09 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I don't know how weak of a football you play, but when a ball is hit with that much force from that close of a distance, on the HEAD, the impact could 'kill' you. He's lucky he doesn't even have a concussion from looking at where he was hit.

Sir Alex isn't complaining, that was genuine life-threatening action. You, as well as billions around the world are just so insensitive to it
MJTorres (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Well apparently it didn't hurt at all, look how fast he got up
Sid3091 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Something called adrenaline. Look it up, suarez gets a huge rush of it when caught diving
RedNev10 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Totally unneccessay from Ashley Williams. If you watch the replay, there was clear intent. He's not even looking at the ball when he kicks it lol.

That doesn't excuse the fact that we missed out on 3 points today. Dominating possesion at the Liberty Stadium is impressive but we were awful in the final third
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
RVP got up very quick. Maybe Williams meant it, but it's not like he kicked him in the head. RVP heads the ball all the time
Richardajohn (Swansea City) 2 years ago
To me it looks like Williams attempted to blast the ball away out of frustration but sliced it instead sending it toward the unfortunate RVPs head. RVPs reaction was a definite red card event though so he was lucky to get away with a yellow. Also in my opinion RVP fouled Dyer just before that. Dyer had a touch of the ball and gets in front of him so RVP trips him so it should of been a Swansea Free kick anyway
@Richardajohn RVP red Card?!?! If it was you, you would be frustrated. Was it necessary for Williams to blast it? And now your complaining about RVP fouling players, how about Chico? Its football, fouls happen
Vincedout (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Williams had to blast it. When you have Man UTD players all over the penalty area and you're a team like Swansea 15 minutes away from a draw vs Man UTD you have to blast the ball away. Now, did he mean to hit RVP is another debate. I don't think he did but we can never know for sure

Kick4Life - changing lives through football