Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Swansea City V Manchester United, Dec 23
1savesarebetter (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Swansea was extremely lucky with the chances that MUFC got in the final third after Michu leveled. They are lucky to come out of it only 1-1
JKTan (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Speaking on the neutral side, williams should have been sent off and banned for matches. Just look at his face, he was looking at rvp all the time after hitting that ball, totally intentional, and he went on and told reporter he wanted to clear the ball? After the whistle blown? What a disgrace for a professional player. From that close range, that would've caused serious concussion to rvp. It's freaking head he's aiming. I must say williams is a total disgrace to football. Atleast admit it and say sorry come on. And rvp got booked for that as well? What the hell was that. Stupid referee!

Back to the game. What michu has done for swansea is definitely worth more than 2mil. Kind of have feelings he's gonna' step up and do some damage to us before the game. Well he really did! Unlucky for us in 2ndhalf. Should've won this game. But football is football. Scoring goals is everything
Ibrahimazhar (Swansea City) 1 year ago
Neutral? Hahaha
Pukaki (Chelsea) 1 year ago
"speaking on the neutral side"    Supports united    Ok
TheBokiya (Chelsea) 1 year ago
"Speaking on the neutral side, .... "    *looked up.... JKTan (Manchester United).... Stopped reading
"neutral" on the view of williams' kick my dear 3 idiots...
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Speaking on the neutral side, I think I have to agree with what JKTan said

For those who didn't, are you telling me that william's kicking van persie head from a few yards away was justified?
Damn you guys are inhumane...
You can't be neutral on the view when you are a united supporter, and calling me an idiot won't take away from your stupidity
Saying that is like saying 'u can't comment on united's thread when u'r chelsea fan'.

By 'neutral' means it's my own point of view regarding the kick, not siding man utd nor swansea. Anyway. No point argue bout this with hater. U'r here to hate anyway
"saying that is like saying 'u can't comment on united's thread when u'r chelsea fan'. "

That makes no sense? Is that meant to be a comparison? Lol. How is saying you're a neutral on an incident involving united when you support united the same as me commenting on a football thread cause united played?

"by 'neutral' means it's my own point of view regarding the kick, not siding man utd nor swansea. Anyway. No point argue bout this with hater. U'r here to hate anyway. "

Again that is not a neutral point of view as you are BIAS towards united whether you think you are or you arent.

Its like an english football fan saying "as a neutral I think the EPL is much better than the la liga"

Btw that is how a real metaphoric comparison is done
7ReDDeViL7 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Haha I agree 1000% with JKTan. As a neutral, that is a dangerous kick. 'Neutral' in his contact means if he is not a football fan, watching that will definitely trigger a statement of how dangerous William kick is. Its a common sense. He should be ban and the ref should be questioned for mild warning for that kind of play. I watched this game with couples of chelsea fan (for next game) and even they think it is dangerous play.

But, I also agree 3000% with JKTan, he is arguing with bunch of chelsea fans that did not go to school haha. Maybe if we put them or their loved one lying down as RVP and give them that kick will make their screw tighten haha.
RockofGbrlter (Chelsea) 1 year ago
If Vidic did that to Aguero and yout two bumbling idiots spoke up with such passion against Vidic, then I'd believe your "neutral" stance. As it stands you're united supporters and no matter how hard (or delusional) you believe to be neutral there is always going to be an element of bias if your team is involved
Honestabe (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Speaking on the neutral side, johnny evans should be banned for influencing the ref and illegally preventing swansea's go-ahead goal that would have won the match.

Looks ridiculous when it comes from the other side doesn't it lads...
Keeeneth (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Carrick is so underrated!
I agree, lots of his passes yesterday were sublime
No he isn't. When he comes up against quality opposition he gets found out all the time. Woeful for england, woeful when vsing a 'big' team like barca and madrid. Got destroyed by fulham when they had dembele, got destroyed by yaya toure, schweinsteiger taught him a few lessons in the champions league aswell. He is a above average player who excels when vs'ing worse players
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 year ago
He is our best midfielder, and extremely underrated. For the last calender year he has been the first name on the teamsheet and we get worried when he isn't. Stats don't lie, we concede far more shots on target and goals when he isn't playing, but also have less possession and control of the game. He only has issues when paired with giggs or scholes in the center because we need someone with legs to compensate for his lack of mobility to complement his style of play.

He never got destroyed by dembele buddy, anderson and cleverley played that match vs fulham

Also yaya toure destroyed him when? You don't know what you are talking about.

Estudiantes (Manchester United) 1 year ago
With all due respect Carrick is not our best midfielder
Sid3091 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
@pukaki, He did well against Chelsea and City so I guess you're saying that those two teams are sh*t
By best I don't mean most talented. Scholes has more talent than carrick anderson and cleverley combined, but right now carrick is surely our most important and consistent midfielder
Cjaystacks (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Oh yea pukaki he struggled so much against city we won the game 3-2. Yaya was anonymous that game and we will see how city cope without him in January

SoccerISfootbal
Yaya toure and david silva single-handedly tore united apart last year, and one lucky win this year does not make him better than them. And dembele was at fulham for more than one game.
United beat chelsea.... With 9 men. That shows how great carrick really is well done.

Even everton and newcastle have given carrick a hard time for the last couple years and their midfield isn't full of world beater.

The EPL has slowly lost quality in their teams, which is why they are struggling in european competitions and why chelsea had to play defensive in the champions league semi and final. This just makes carrick look better than he really is because he is above average compared to the rest of the average players.

Watch carrick get picked apart by madrid just like he did against Barca in the champions league final and then say he is "under-rated". If you want underrated then look at huddlestone. He is a vastly underrated player
First of all if you watched any mafch between utd and city, toure has never tore us apart. He has scored a couple timely goals against us, but that's it

Silva ripped us on the counter last year at old trafford. It was just suicidal defending in the end, we were down a man and pushing on to score. The game was 1-0 after about 50 minutes, then we had a defender sent off, and it completely changed the game. Yes we were down a goal but city were on the backfoot most of the match. We had the initiative as the home side. They sat back and looked to break on the counter, and did so to devastating effect but you cannot blame carrick. You have to look at the defenders and say where was the leadership and organization. Time after time it was 4 v 3 on the break, absolute madness. Half their goals came in the 82nd minute and after.

And I'm not calling carrick a world beater, he has his limitations, namely dealing with pace dribblers and strong, aerial dominant players like fellaini, but theres no question he has been one of our standout performers for the calender year. I bet if you look at any game he has struggled it was when he was paired with the immobile scholes or out of position giggs. We havent had luck with keeping our younger mids fit, but he has been the one piece of consistency for us.

I'm a big stats person, I check on them after nearly every match, and carrick has virtually led our midfield in tackles per game, interceptions per game, and passes completed. He is very underrated, same with mikel and sergio busquets. They doo the dirty work to keep the team clicking and protect the defence but they rarely get the plaudits deserve. Keep a close eye on carrick during the madrid ties. If we win, I'm sure he would have had a big role
Actually I just checked the stats, carrick didn't even play the match we lost 6-1. He wasnt even on the bench. Must have been injured.

Link: www.whoscored.com/Matches/505801/Live

Like I said he has been a key player for us for the last calender year. He didn't start regularly by choice, in the second half of last year we HAD to play carrick because anderson and cleverley were injured, fletch's long term injury relapsed, etc. That's why scholes came back out of retirement. We didn't have anyone else to play cm. Jones, our cb currently playing rb, and park/giggs (wingers/cams) were the only ones left besides carrick...But he stepped up to the plate and did well for us
Armenia4ever (Southampton) 1 year ago
I don't think that was deliberate on Van Persie by Williams. The calls for handball were a bit annoying. If someone blasts the ball at you in the box from just a few or even several feet away and hits your arm, is it a penalty? Of course not
Mahe186 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
For a red card sir alex trying to kill persie lol...
Senxes (Manchester United) 1 year ago
It was offside Swans got lucky with that goal! Wooot! Nawww nobody says the reff favor swans....Ish!
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Offside my asss
Otownballer (Arsenal) 1 year ago
That was a dirty foul on Van Persie. Harsher punishment is called for
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Suck my thumb
Dpfka0821 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
^you have a weird fetish
Superfanof (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Petergriffin have no dickwat a pussy
Nicochico12 (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Vorm to me is top keeper in premier leauge
MementoMori (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Joe Hart
Xapmx (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Rvp hits the post twice.  Unlucky united  Destroy newcastle and reassert dominance
Your profile picture is quite random btw
Hamoudi (Manchester United) 1 year ago
United had the chances but didn't take them.... I think we can only blame ourselves really.... 4 points clear before christmas, I would take that at the beginning of the season
Borg (Manchester United) 1 year ago
All the people voting Man Utd "rubbish" are you f*****g mentally retarded? Idiots...
Otownballer (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Borg, "mentally retarded" is not the preferred nomenclature
What else do you expect from the ABUs lol? They formed an army so its United against the world
Altocirrus (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Idiots? Don't tell me you haven't voted 'rubbish' for a team that didn't deserve that vote before.

Typical bias you guys united fans got...
Fabby (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Lol typical BFU, I watched the game and you guys sucked big time, finishin was atrocious. I count 4 times at least were it was 2 v 1 against keeper and still fuked up
Scs33 (Bayern München) 1 year ago
I think if you were unbiased you could vote man utd anywhere between average and rubbish. I'm tempted to vote lucky hahaha
Kavirez007 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
I think it would have been better to vote Rooney as rubbish in this match. He had an awful game but nevertheless super defending by Swansea...
TheCheshireCat (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Unfortunately, its become a trend in which Rooney's performance dictates Uniteds performance.
Rooney seemed like he didn't give a rats ass on Sunday and the result suffered in the end.
It was one of those days when nothing seemed to work out and Swansea are a tough team to break down
How? I thought Rooney's performance was good? It was Valencia who didn't perform well, he waited too long to cross the ball and when he did, it was blocked by the defender...
I think that's why we got kagawa. Rooney is rarely ever subbed, even when he is s**t, simply because we never have a like for like replacement of similar quality.

Giggs did really well when he came on, and in the future it would be kagawa slotting into that role or maybe even hernandez taking up the #9 role and rvp dropping deeper. Welbeck can also do a job but is not as good a scorer as kagawa
MrTwitty (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Time for an international call up for Michu?
Playing infront of xavi and iniesta I see michu scoring goals for fun
Malachai (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Too many good Spanish players.... But Michu deserves a spot instead of Torres at least
MementoMori (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Given Villa, Llorente and Torres' forms, I think Michu deserves a shot for an international call. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get transfered this January. He can play at a better club than Swansea
Link: www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/ss/slideshow-concuss...

Simple slideshow for those who don't understand how how tbi and concussions occur, and how dangerous the williams kickout could have been. Your brain is floating in cerebral spinal fluid, and has a consistency of something like gum (yes I have felt a real brain before :P) and any serious impact sends it crashing against your skull, which could cause a concussion.

Compare the image in the slideshow showing how the brain slides around after impact to rvp head's recoil after being hit.

I've heard some moronic statements like surely people heading the ball must be committing suicide according to fergie....There is a huge difference between attacking a ball (using your neck muscles and momentum to generate force) and being hit in the back of the head unknowingly by a ball from point blank range. How many people have you seen have a head recoil like that when making a header?
Estudiantes (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Yes I agree with the severity of the act, but lets not fool ourselves, I'm united fan too and I say it was an accident
Joshd24 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
How many times have we seen someone get smacked in the face or head with a ball? We get a lot worse through head clashes. Not once has anyone said it could have killed them. How about boxing?

There is always danger on the pitch. Players know this. I have played rugby for years.... You get things like that every week.

I just think this whole thing is to draw the spotlight away from United's draw and RVP's possible ban. Fergie and his games. The kick really doesn't look intentional...
7ReDDeViL7 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Haha this is not boxing or rugby mate.... The game is called F. Oh. Oh. T. Be. A. L. L.... In some countries S. Oh. [C.] [C.] E. Are....

And yes, that is dangerous....

But sorry I forgot, chelsea like to play boxing (drogba to vida) and rugby (torres diving for touchdown ) its all make sense now.... Lol
RockofGbrlter (Chelsea) 1 year ago
@7ReDDeViL7 hahahahahah please stop talking. If you're comparing how chelsea and united play right now, you guys play more like the chelsea of old. Stop whining, bunch of babies
Rooneys only good pass was that cross to Van Persie before he got denied by the post again...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football