Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Southampton V Manchester United, Sep 2
Arashm (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Oooof! Made me sweat! We need work on fullbacks. Van persie coulda scored 5
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
We need fullbacks full stop, evra and raphael are not good enough defenders, and the lack of height for two headed southampton goals
Loopy8 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
But they're fast and give the attack an edge
Teodini (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Not good enough? So what Good defendes don't slip? Or is it Good defenders are always tall? Honestly i'd put Even Phil Jones over Raphale is some games but not wit Valencia. Valencia plays well with Rapha
Someone (Manchester United) 2 years ago
RVP !
Shawkernator (Arsenal) 2 years ago
FijianRed (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Well looks like rvp is settling in nicely at utd. Great players don't need season or two, they just gel from the get go! Wish pool hada prolific goal scorer!

If utd can fix their defence then I believe they will give chelsea and city a good run for the title
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 2 years ago
Van Persie pulled a Berbatov
Futboljamaica (Manchester United) 2 years ago
The injury to Wayne is a blessing in disguise, this will give RVP a good run of form in the team. This will motivate Wayne to work and restore a space beside RVP and this will make us stronger team compete again the "Spanish Giants" for the champion league.

I wouldn't blame Evra for the 2nd he just slipped and the 1st goal they scored was a great cross. RVP could have scored five today but we are still happy that he was still good today. I hope we will get better each and concede less. Kagawa and Valenca is my pick of the day
Goooner04 (Western Sydney Wanderers) 2 years ago
To be honest I can't see that self involved shrek look alike making the team with kagawa and Rvp in it. Kagawa does the same thing only so much better
Lovelyeli (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 2 years ago
I don't like finding scapegoats in games because it pisses me off, but evra deserves a knock in the head for this game and the past 4 years.

Great game for rvp.... Still finding it hard to warm up to the guy ngl
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Evra is one of the best left backs in the world, for the fact he made a lil blunder today doesn't mean you have to write him off!
Tdsmufan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Why is it that every game I watch is not English lol
Consider that a blessing....    English comms=ZZzzzZ
Dany10 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Haha. "there's a pass, oh its a goal.... "
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Anything's better than American commentating. Arab commentators are the BEST, I don't mind Martin Tyler though
Pelike1988 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
True.... I like arab ones better. Can't understand except.... "Ya Allah" part when they score goals.... But still.... So exhilarating!
Pvolpert22 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
American commentating is a joke, but british commentating is often well-said, informed, and unbiased. I don't find it boring at all. Just because they try to form their sentences with a little composure and intelligence instead of just yelling loudly and repeating words doesn't make it boring
Buddhapalm (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I gave up on American commentary the day I heard this:

"It's a goal! Who else?! It's Captain America" - Landon Donavon scoring for LA Galaxy.... LMAO!
Superfanof (Manchester United) 2 years ago
American commentator? I can't stop laughing at them
Sensation (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Both teams looked awesome!  
Somere (Portmore Utd) 2 years ago
Someone did not watch the game
DTaDiablo ((Footytube Staff)) 2 years ago
Credit to Southampton for the way they played and pressed us. They really did give us a great scare and probably deserved at least one point from the game.

I really hope Man Utd can improve their defensive woes and start getting some clean sheets and putting in a more dominant display!
Chelsearules99 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Southampton deserved more.  Congratz to utd
Sueazy (Bayern München) 2 years ago
I feel bad for southampton. They should've beat both manchester teams
Kryptz (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Who needs Batman when we've got Robin?
TheCheshireCat (Manchester United) 2 years ago
And we'll most likely have Guardiola in a few years if Fergie retires too lol
Danny89 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I'm not crazy about the prospect of having Guardiola replace Fergie.... He has only achieved a great deal because he had arguably the best team of all time to work including the best player who has ever played the game.

Rather see Joes Moriniho or even a young proven english manager who we know will stay at the club 10yrs plus
TheCheshireCat (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Jose Mourinho? Heck no! The man's the servant of satan, don't forget his Chelsea days lol.... I half agree about Guardiola, who knows how we'll he'll do at United.... Maybe if Fergie mentored him for a year or two before relinquishing full control to Pep.... I have a feeling like he'll have a huge say in deciding who will be his replacement in any case
DrTruth (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I remember his Chelsea days, and they were amazing. Chelsea used to kick Man Utd's ass, not always but some games. We had such a good rivalry when Mourinho was the coach. I honestly wouldn't mind having him as a coach. If you can't admit he's a good coach you know nothing of football
BearWithFish (Manchester United) 2 years ago
So we are going to get a barca manager or madrid manager. Not bad replacements
Tqukueku (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Mike Phelan has been with us for our most successful period over the last five years. From first team coach to assistant manager, he was also a red in his playing days. Phelan imo should be the next Manchester United manager. I don't want Mourinho to make us HOT for 2 years and leave or Pep to create a philosophy for 4 years, realise he is winning less and take a break. We don't shift and change managers since SAFs done 25 years and Phelan is a true protege of SAF, knows the team and the clubs policies and philosophies plus has the maturity in age
Raynor (Sporting CP Lisbon) 2 years ago
Anything is possible with van Persie. Remarkable!
Personally I think Dea Gea doesn't get enough credit from utd fans and I think he is a much better goal keeper than Lindergaad!
DTaDiablo ((Footytube Staff)) 2 years ago
If you would read the Manchester United forum rather than making assumptions you would see a lot of support to De Gea!

Both of our goalkeepers have different strengths and weaknesses and therefore will need game time. I personally don't mind seeing squad rotation and it also players players fight for their place
Okay, I just spoke based on the united fans I know personally. Da Gea is a shot stopper and has really sharp reflexes!
He gets plenty of praise from me I know that much lol

I think de gea is great and will be one of the best goal keepers once he works on his corners
Bk4179 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
f****n lucky
Danny89 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Yeah probably abit lucky.... But it's got to be burning you to see RVP saving our asses like that when we had an off day.... Gotta' feel for Southampton but their seasons will be decided when they play the teams around them like wigan.

Deserved a point from this game and city game though
Southpride65 (Valencia) 2 years ago
Imagine if this was against arsenal.... They'd be spewing lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football