Our Legends And Great Club Servants
Borg (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Eric Cantona    
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
We have already had eric, but hey he's worth it.... Lol
Borg (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I figured I would just post another video haha
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
You should have stuck it on the end of the other one, try to keep them all together
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Loyal club servant, Park Ji-Sung

Premier League (4): 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
Football League Cup (3): 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10
FA Community Shield (2): 2010, 2011
Uefa Champions League (1): 2007–08
Fifa Club World Cup (1): 2008
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Nice add mate, and a very well deserved mention for the wee man
SongkyKong (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Gary Neville.

"Gary was the best English right-back of his generation."

– Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson on Neville

Part of the legendary class of 92' alongside Scholes, Giggs and Beckham. Gary Neville epitomised United and everything it stood for. Determined, hard-working, a natural leader and a man who always wore his heart on his sleeve. Like Keane, he always gave 150% every game and never feared to put his head where angels feared to tread. Not the most technically gifted player but he more than made up for it with sheer grit and determination, hard-tackling and no-nonsense, he's an inspiration for me as a young player. I'm not the most technical player ever (my all-time juggling record stands at 3) but G. Nev's example gave me hope that you don't need to be technical, you don't need to the best dribbler or the strongest lad in the game, you just need to be the one willing to give it your all, to always make every pass, every tackle you make count. Like Ji-Sung, his work-rate was my inspiration and till this day, everyone who I play with in the local park near my house on Sundays would know that I'm the most persistent right-back (someone called me a pitbull once. I took it as a compliment, cause I'd always knick the ball of him). And they banned slide-tackling because of me, cause I'd never miss a single challenge, and the strikers were getting pissy about it.

In many ways, I owe my game style to Gary Neville, who proved that it's not only your feet that does the talking, but your heart.

Club
Premier League (8): 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2008–09
FA Cup (3): 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
Football League Cup (2): 2005–06, 2009–10
FA Community Shield (3): 1996, 1997, 2008
FA Youth Cup (1): 1991-92
Uefa Champions League (1): 1998–99
Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999
Fifa Club World Cup (1): 2008

Individual
PFA Team of the Year: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2005, 2007
Overall Team of the Decade – Premier League 10 Seasons Awards (1992/3 – 2001/2)
Such a player, and hated by everyone bar united fans.  They only hate the best.... Its called jealousy
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Born 'n' Bred Red Nev ! Class act.    Boss vid as well !
ReDevil1878 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
This page is heavenly!
Paytonred (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Duncan Edwards

Englands greatest player then came munich

Long video

Short video

Read it on redcafe on Duncan Edwards:

An eloquent and moving tribute from someone who saw him play:
Rawk poster Maggie May (a Liverpool fan)
His attributes and qualities? Its like asking "How do you describe perfection? " He was the most complete footballer I've ever seen. Immensely gifted.
I’m sorry this is a day later than I promised. I’ve redrafted this a few times because (stupid as it may sound), I didn’t think people would believe me when I told them how good Duncan Edwards was, and I was in the realms of fantasy. Well that’s to disrespect the man, so people can believe as they please, because Duncan Edwards was perfection.
He was a big fella. Broad chested and big built, tall, powerful and very strong. But his size didn’t affect his speed. He was very fast and could turn on a sixpence. He had tremendous stamina, was a superb athlete and never seemed to tire - he’d run all game long, and it didn’t seem to take anything from him.
He was a ferocious tackler, very brave and never hesitated getting stuck in - hard as nails he was, and his shots on goal were ferocious. But he was certainly no clogger, he had at times an almost delicate touch on the ball. He was equally strong with both feet. Both long ball passes and short ball passes were unerringly accurate always. Tremendous ball control with head or feet, and his reading of the pattern of play was fantastic.
Bear in mind that this was a very young man. He was only just turned 21 when he died (I believe he actually had his birthday while in hospital). He made his debut for the Mancs when he was just 16, and was the youngest ever England international at 18. His talents and skill far exceeded his years. I couldn’t possibly guess how much he’d be worth in today’s market.
I strongly dislike the word “awesome” because its so devalued these days, when its used to describe things which are in fact quite trivial, but Duncan Edwards was awesome in the true sense of the word. He was jaw-droopingly excellent in everything he did.
I mentioned before that he was one of the greatest players I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen plenty over all the years. But that’s wrong. Duncan Edwards was by far and away the greatest player I’ve ever seen. And short of a miracle, we’ll never see the like of him again.
Yes. I saw him play quite a lot. Strange as it may sound today, people did go to see a particular player they were interested in even if they didn't support the team he played for. My Dad always took me to our home games, but disliked going to aways, so we'd see if there was anyone we were interested in playing reasonably near, and we'd go there. (Which was how I came to see Stanley Matthews play at Goodison, though I was very young and don't really remember much about him). If the Mancs were at home, we'd always go to specifically see Duncan Edwards.
Duncan's position was wing half, so I'd say he would be well suited to midfield these days.
There is no single player today who could possibly compare to him. He had absolutely no weaknesses in his game. A combination? I'm not interested these days in non-Liverpool players, so I'd say the strength and tenacity of Carra, the power of shot of Stevie, the ball control of Kenny and Rush, the ferocity and tackling hardness of Tommy Smith and Souness, the speed of God in his younger days and the accuracy of pass and reading of the game of Jan.
Aye. A fairly decent player, all things considered.
Seriously though. When you hear an arl 'un going into raptures about Duncan Edwards, don't think its bullshit and it couldn't be true because nobody could possibly be that good - it is and he was
Incredible read and incredible compliment, the passion in the way its wrote tells you this bloke means every word he writes!
I for one will take his word
Joeymac (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Incredible. Extremely sad that he didn't survive and go on, but I'm very glad there are people like this to pay tribute to the man
Zhenwei (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Undoubtedly, SAF is a United Legend as manager forged in the frame of Sir Matt Busby. A true tribute for him in 25 years of service. This video though is Pre-1999. So perhaps we will see one made in tribute for recent titles.

Mauijim (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Nice to see a bit of the man in this vid. Excellent work. Brought back a lot of memories. Thanks for the post
Just sat and watched a lot of the reasons why I love United, It also was great to see the wife, family and his Glasgow roots.  Cheers mate !
I have seen it a few times, still a great watch though, some special moments
On the eve of 25 years of service to our great club, it only seems fair that Sir Alex Ferguson gets mention here.
I am sure we will have some great posts in the months to come, but thought we would get it started hearing some reflection from the man himself.
Thanks Sir Alex! May we have you another 25 years.

This one is from @Redsince63. Thanks Patrick

Our beloved Van Der Sar.    
Big pair of boots to fill ! Schmeichs said it all its not just about saving the shots ! Come on David van de Gea !
A bit before my time, but seems he was considered one of the best captains United has had.
The All-Rounder: Johnny Carey:

Link: bleacherreport.com/articles/866913-manchester-unit...
Even before my time jim that one.... Lol
Well he got to enjoy his retirement watching Fergies Fledlings come through !
MY sporting LIFE...{radio interview WITH dennis LAW}

Part OF A series ON radio WERE presenter danny kelly HAS A famous sports person LIVE IN THE studio FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF interview.

Great listen if you have the time, I learnt things about dennis I never knew before, he talks about his stint at utd, twice at man city, and for torino in italy, playing for scotland, great players he played with and against, some other revealing stuff as well.
I really enjoyed it, I hope some of you younger guys realise what a player this man was, a true legend
Well worth a listen.

Link: www.talksport.co.uk/radio/sporting-life/blog/2011-...
Great interview. Truly a humble legend that still has some sauce
Enjoyed the wit ! And yeah a lot of insights into football. Liked th way the interviewer was constantly relating to the fact that Dennis was one of the all time greats ! True words!
The interveiwer was danny kelly, and he's like that with ALL his guests, telling them they are legends, well he was right in dennis's case
Zhenwei (Manchester United) 2 years ago

Scholes' 100 goals :D of EPL, for those of us who can't get enough of his goals.
He scored 102 goals in 466 appearances since 1994-2011
Nice collection, Paul started his career as a striker and that shows specially in the beginning theres alot of classical poachers and striker goals, and the contribution to Uniteds success from Giggsy together with scholsey is incredible ! I think something like a third of all his assists came from Giggsy. Thanks for the post mate !
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Premier League Legend: Roy Keane       Link: www.putlocker.com/file/A8D52AFBA08836E1  
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Link: bleacherreport.com/articles/817173-manchester-unit...

Link: bleacherreport.com/articles/791340-manchester-unit...

No vids this time but 2 intersting links with a bit of classical United history !
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
THE MOST famous BALD HEAD IN football:

Bobby charlton:

What a player, and what a story, from the munich air crash to lifting the european cup, a gentleman and a legend
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Top footballer, can't imagine his shots with the modern day ball, he'd most probably burst the ball ! On top of that he was an inteligent footballer as well read the game perfectly
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
I don't have any videos handy but got to mention the likes of Steve Coppell and Ray Wilkins
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Aslong as they are in a united shirt, we don't give a toss, I'm just about to stick a bobby charlton video up, I thought someone else would have put one up by now, I don't want to hog all the vid's, I could put 101 george best ones up alone.... Lol
And your imputs welcome frank

Kick4Life - changing lives through football