Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Our Legends And Great Club Servants
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
NO action IN THIS ONE, JUST A mention OF OUR legends AND great players IN pictures:

I'm glad to see "ole" in there....Lol

Redsince63 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Nice collection, but they could add another 30, 40 or god knows how many faces to the list !  We've had so many magic players over the years !
Easily, not to mention staff like jimmy murphy, and all the managers etc:
Heres another forgotten name ,from the time that we had a mixed bag of Scottish ,irish ,welsh and English players, big Joe wasnt a prolific scorer 39 goals in 109 games, but he was a character with his mouth full of missing teeth and nobody messed with him either, we deserved alot more success at the time cos we had some amazing players, but it just didn't happen with the managers. Any way here he is :

Look out gattuso, he's coming after you>>
Big joe was a scarey man.... Lol, great player, I'm not sure if big jim holton was playing when jordan was there, but he was another scarey one, and I'm sure you remember the song paddy.... 6ft 2", eyes of blue, big jim holtons after you.... Lol
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
His career spanned 30 years, amazing
Big Jim Holton left in 76 an Joe and Gordon McQueen both came in 78, remember they both bought a house about 8 miles (Delamere Forest)up the road so we were always hanging around tryin to get a glimpse of them ! I think half of the Braveheart crew played for us at one time or another! Lol
Joeymac (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Glad to see these players are not forgotten. Even though they didn't experience the success in the era of SAF, they're still part of our club history
Oh theres loads more like him joey, me and patrick will keep you all well informed of the old school days.... Lol
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Joe Jordan was the most fascinating thing to watch when I was a kid.... I felt a bit of the same excitement when Gattuso got into his face and we all hoped Joe would bite his head off!
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Was he duncan ferguson in disguise.... Lol.... Similarities abound.... Lol
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Lets not forget Lou Macari.      
Sure he was a crackin little player, love seeing the crowds reactions as well Its a pity all the s**t happened cos theres nothing to compare with standing on the terraces ! The atmospere is out of this world and the celebrations as well !
Unbelievable in the air for a tiny guy, and a terrific goal scorer, yep I'm happy to see lou get a mention, although the lou marcari chippy not far from old trafford is minging.... Its nothing to do with lou btw.... Lol.
Go to the little carribean food van, sits facing bishops blaize pub, his foods nice.... Lol, you get all the tips, right here on footytube.
The trafford bar does a lovely mixed grill
Lou Macari and Sammy McIlroy....  
Heres a link for all you new lads to a great little newspaper article over one of our favorite defenders who's time at United was cut short, crackin little player with the courage of a lion.
You can see him in alot of the tribut vids.

Link: www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_l...

I can't find any vids but look up some photos then you'll recognize him in the Besty vids
Think I'm the only one that would remember john fitzpatrick, little ginger haired terrier, I always liked him, always gave 110%
BEST, LAW, AND charlton classic goals:

Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
The Holy Trinity. Great vid, I especially enjoyed the part about Denis scoring from 3 yrds out haha
Dennis was like a slippery eel.... Lol
FutureMUplayer (Manchester United) 2 years ago
When I was 4 or 5 years old I saw my first football match and it was Manchester United vs. City after this game Beckham became my hero and United became my favorite team. He scored on that game one of his best free kicks in his career which I will never forget!

Great shout futuremuplayer, it was only a matter of time before someone posted becks up.
I still rate becks to this day, and would love him to do a henrik larsson and come to us for a season, he could still do a job
I don't think Ferguson would consider signing a former United player but if it will happen I will be very happy!
Naaa, your right mate, wishful thinking on my part, although it was one of fergies mistakes letting becks go, and a BIG mistake at that
Beckham loved the club but wasn't very involved with the club. Victoria ruined him! After that Fergie made one of his best signings in his career which was Ronaldo and no one can argue with that
Joeymac (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Topped the Premiership assists list for four seasons in a row
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Beck is an awesome player, a classy guy, a Legend, I really enjoy watching him play even up to this day
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Everybody talks about CR7's freekicks but theres no sweeter striker of the ball than Becks !  Nice add cheers FutureMUplayer
Lehzer (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Becks is the reason why there is nothing I like more in football than a ridiculously curved free kick!
ALL david beckhams 85 goals FOR manchester united.

AS YOU CAN guess, theres A FEW peaches amongst THIS LOT.

Captain marvel....Bryan robson, a keano that could score goals, fantastic player, seldom mentioned, brave as a lion.

Top player, its a nice compilation as well, typical Robson scored shortrange, long range with his head and most of all by getting into positions where others didn't dare go ! He always gave 110% wasn't scared to go in anywhere, Never forget the Euro championships when England got there arses kicked and he scored the only goal against Holland just to show he wasn't there to make up the numbers like the rest of the wankers on the English team !
Superb player & captain!
Kayteo (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I was about to request some robbo videos, brilliant. If only we could tempt him out of retirement lol
This guy deserves a mention, a real hard nut even when he was a kid, ask liverpools steve mcmahon, their so called hard man at the time....Lol, owned by a 17 year old.
BIG norman whiteside, born no more than a half a mile from me, I have met norman loads of times, and have worked with his dad and brother ken.

Yet again a top player for United that always turned up when we played the important games, the scousers got sick of he sight of him ! Ha ha
And the youngest player ever to play in the world cup finals at 17 years and 42 days for northern ireland
Wow, really? I thought Theo Walcott broke it four years ago
I don't know joey, HE WAS the youngest ever, maybe walnut could have cracked it.... Lol, anyway, walnuts not half the player norman was, not the same impact
Les Sealey Goalkepeper.

Link: thefaithfulmufc.com/2011/01/12/les-sealey-a-true-u...

No vid this time but an excellent obituarie to a mostly forgotten or unknown player who like many others played in the background but was always top class when it was needed RIP
Comedy les, what a character.... Rip
Two for the price of one, I absolutely loved this pair, I think they were telepathic.

Yorke&cole...............WHAT A pairing.

THIS GUYS GOT TO BE worth A mention, HE scored SOME crackers

Teddy sheringham

Well screw UEFA, blocking it on copyright grounds
Watch it on youtube
Did anyone mention Bobby Charlton?
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
The first member of the Holy Trinity and loyal club servant!
I don't have any videos handy but got to mention the likes of Steve Coppell and Ray Wilkins
Aslong as they are in a united shirt, we don't give a toss, I'm just about to stick a bobby charlton video up, I thought someone else would have put one up by now, I don't want to hog all the vid's, I could put 101 george best ones up alone.... Lol
And your imputs welcome frank
THE MOST famous BALD HEAD IN football:

Bobby charlton:

What a player, and what a story, from the munich air crash to lifting the european cup, a gentleman and a legend
Top footballer, can't imagine his shots with the modern day ball, he'd most probably burst the ball ! On top of that he was an inteligent footballer as well read the game perfectly
Link: bleacherreport.com/articles/817173-manchester-unit...

Link: bleacherreport.com/articles/791340-manchester-unit...

No vids this time but 2 intersting links with a bit of classical United history !

Kick4Life - changing lives through football