Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Newcastle United V Manchester United, Oct 7
KidRobe (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Although Newcastle had some bad calls against them I don't think it was enough to not justify the score, United were clearly the deserving winners. Nice goal by Cleverly but lets be real here that was a cross meant for Van Persie. And I'm obviously biased on this but how the heck does Welbeck start over Hernandez? Lol
TheCheshireCat (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Welbeck has been nothing short of woeful for a very long time.
He's guilty of everything that originally took Hernandez down the pecking order: heavy touch, no composure in front of goal, dispossessed easily, can't link up with midfield, bad decision making, etc, etc.
I guess the answer is in that Fergie wants to use Hernandez as a super-sub in the mould of Solskjaaer and to be fair, he's the most effective when he doesn't start.
Fergie wants to play two strikers in front of Rooney and if not Welbeck, he's got Macheda who is even worse.
At this point I think that Joshua King and Angelo Henriquez should be given a nod ahead of Welbeck to start games, until he improves
JKTan (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Agree.... I never think welbeck is good in anything.... Slow technique.... Bad 1st touch.... Bad judgement.... Bad possession.... Worst of all.... Bad finishing. He could've scored in alot of games last season, but he's welbeck, that's why he didn't. Plus his cockiness after scoring.... I really don't see this kid gonna' improve in future. What fergie sees in him over chicha remains a mystery. Really.

Sad to read chelsea tops the chase for falcao. *sigh* we should sell welbeck & invest in him. Guy's a beast!
7ReDDeViL7 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Welback has the body and composure to challenge defender over Chica. That's why he is selected for important games. Although, I will agree that he need to improve. He wasted so many chances. And I'm sure SAF think's the same
Exactly dude. From the highlights alone he had 2 open opportunities. Those would be goals if they fell on rvp or roo's foot. Not only this, last season as well
LedleyKingsKnee (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Such a big fan of some of Newcastle's players, but absolutely loathe the manager. Can't stand his face
I'm the opposite! I like Pardew to an extent, but dislike most of their players
The1boss (Chelsea) 1 year ago
He went for it, that wasnt a cross!
LoLuMaD (Manchester United) 1 year ago
When we have all our first team players fit this diamond formation is going to be great.

Rafeal-rio-vidic-evra
--------carrick------
Valencia-------young
--------kagawa-------
----rooney-vpersie---
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Carrick? Young?  Wow. Goodluck you're gonna' need it
Cjaystacks (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Matt93 speaking so confidently, don't get fooled by chelsea good start to the season, the same thing happened in the 2010/2011 season so don't get your hopes to high lol
Agreed Cjaystacks. Chelsea's tough weeks are yet to come and if they stutter, I'll be ripping you apart Matt93, so I'd keep it shut or you might be looking even more like a Muppet in a few weeks. Karma is a bitch
I think 4 1 2 2 1 will be better with rp lone striker and roon and kagawa in attacking midfield while Val/ nani and young/Griggs/ nani play wing and support roon or kaga while also drop back. Roon and kaga also can drop back as observed in this game, especially to support Rafael and evra
LoLuMaD - nice name, you might want to look at it more closely
7ReDDeViL7: Ya, that would work too.

That's right Matt93, change the subject. It's ok. The doubt will set in, as you start knowing you might look like an idiot in a couple of weeks
EnglishSuck (CA River Plate) 1 year ago
All corner kicks english futbol sucks. Last highlight I ever watch. These guys invented the game? I doubt it
Superfanof (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Lol. We even scored from 2 corners. And by looking at your profile name, I knew you are just an idiot
Oooo riverplate.... Best team from the best & most popular league in the world.... What led you to watch english games highlights @1st place anyway? Hard to find highlights of your team? Or your english sucks that's why simply clicked into english games link?
MatthewWith2Ts (Carlisle United) 1 year ago
It's obviously another Arginetit who still is sore about the Falklandswar
United fans are really s**t at picking out trolls lol make it easier for us
Barcelon (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Lol
Cjaystacks (Manchester United) 1 year ago
If you hate english football so much why did you watch the highlights in the 1st place sad troll?
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Really? He's trolling it up on an online football forum and you're hitting him with the Falklands?    Some people have to chill out lol
Actually the first "soccer" was played by the mayans. They had to use their feet to get the ball into a basket. So your right, the english didn't invent it
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 1 year ago
I'm late here but congrats to United and Cleverley.... I believe him cause like he said it may be headed in, it may go in with no further support, so he meant something like that.

I think that was a goal for Newcastle though. But SO close it's extremely difficult to tell. Certainly can't blame the assistant
SoccerLOL (Vauxhall Motors) 1 year ago
Scenario 1) Cleverly meant it. Hits the top corner
Scenario 2) Cleverly didn't mean it. Hits the top corner.

There's NO bloody difference TO THE END result. Since when did the player's intent determine whether his goal is "good" or not?
Intent shows skill  No intent shows luck
LaCeleste (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
This is probably the most retarded opinion I have ever seen in my life. Intent absolutely determines whether the goal is good or not for example Matt93's comment above
HenryK (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Scenario 3) He hits it from there into his own goal.    Still good?
Jesus Christ Matt is the biggest loser i've ever had the displeasure of coming across. This game's a week old and he's still on about Webb's refereeing and Cleverley's goal! Somebody give this guy a medal, he's definitely an obsessed fiend
Forget about this Matt guy already. He has been condemning Man UTD team, the play, the ref, the goals, the fans, even making fun of supporters name. Something's wrong this past week Matt? Don't worry son, everything's gonna' be ok
Wisdom (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Looks like there was a slight deflection from the Newcastle player, referring to Cleverley's goal
Saugat (Chelsea) 1 year ago
The score doesn't reflect the game at all.... Should have been a win for Manchester, but 0-3...
RedeD (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I think you watched the wrong game...
Dannymorales21 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Goal newcastle. f*****g get goal line tech already!
Koolboy1998 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Are you f*****g blind it's never a goal its a world class save though
Champ12ns (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Hate to admit it but the Man UTD fan is right  It wasnt a goal stop pretending it was
Merka88 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
The ball is over the line. He is right
You don't have to admit anything. It wasnt a goal either way
Kagawa26RVP20 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Cleverley! Love that guy
Did you hear? The boy is honest, he clearly said " I saw harper off his line, weather someone was going to head it in or the ball goes straight into the back of the net.... Etc "

Kick4Life - changing lives through football