Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester United V West Ham United, Jan 16
KillinTheDevil (Club Tijuana) 1 year ago
United did a very nice job in my opinion, the back line was solid, just some bad luck with Chico and Rooneys finishing
BoleynGhost (West Ham United) 1 year ago
BAD LUCK? WHAT ABOUT THE LUCK THEY GOT FOR THE PENALTY WEST HAM WERE NOT GIVEN?
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Just a goal at Old Trafford didn't get all there chances in, Rooney finished the tap in smoothly but had a great smash with the Penalty!
Theyounggunner (Arsenal) 1 year ago
SWEATYYYY GOAL
WTFAYTA (NAC) 1 year ago
V. Persie should take over...
OzilReal (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Ok should I say this oh not? Man utd and FA have intimate relationship lol ha. Ok joke aside, west ham utd should have rewarded pen kick, ref was right there but he choose to give pk for man utd for sam reason instead. How retarded is that? Thank god overconfident rooney missed or did he just felt bad about that pk? Lol
Topshotta (AC Milan) 1 year ago
United need a more reliable pk taker. Rooney isn't cutting it
7ReDDeViL7 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Yeah, I support de tea to take pk. At least he learn how to save
Ldinho (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Rooney is fine. Even when he misses a penalty he doesn't worry to much about it and that is the kind of player you want taking penalties. Plus the field wasn't that great so I will forgive and forget this incident
OzilReal (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Rooney misses a lot because he tries to overdo things, he is quality player no doubt!
Elbert (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I think Rooney is still a great PK taker. He doesn't have a favorite spot like most players
Manutdfcz (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Welcome back Nani, Anderson and Rooney !
Kain (Liverpool) 1 year ago
And they face fulham in the next round
First time I saw FA cup attract more comments than premier league. What has Man UTD done the season?  
Hamza1 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Chicharito missed Two good Chances
Better than welbeck
Acphenom (Borussia Dortmund) 1 year ago
I actually think he should start on LW against Spurs. He's improved his assisting as he's lost his finishing. Looks like he'd work well with Kagawa anyhow
Chargui (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Everybody talking about the penalties. I think both were clearly hand balls.    But I think Chicha's offside on Rooney's goal.
Yeah, I also think ref is on Man UTD side. And Santa clause is true. Oops
Chargui (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I didn't say that, don't be the victim quite yet.    I do think Chicha was offside, wasn't he?
From the highlight, looks like it. I didn't watch the match. But the lad is a poacher. I'm sure he know how to tackle the offside trap
Db3074 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Definitely NOT offside. Pause the video as the ball leaves his foot, Chicharito is level
V2krules (Liverpool) 1 year ago
I can understand all the fuss but to be honest Dowd got the decisions right.... Rafaels wasnt a penalty.... It hits his thigh and awkawardly hits his hand.... No intention so no penalty.

The west ham one was a penalty though soft, you can't have a trailing hand in the penalty stop crosses.... But no card so right decision.... All you have to do is to look at the defenders reaction to know its a penalty

But Man Utd still gets 50-50 decisions in their favor more often than not.... There is no controversies though, its just that the refs are put under pressure by Ferguson, they are better off than hearing is dirty mouthed arrogant spouting.... Hence they lean in favor of Man Utd.... For all the success the man lacks class in certain aspects...
Troubletonight (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Problem is, some refs give "ball to hand" and some don't, but the ref should stay consistent with their decisions. In this case, the ref failed his position in favour of Man you...
Fynkymonster (Arsenal) 1 year ago
If you look at Rafael's incident, the ball is bouncing off his hip/thigh and is going behind him while he is going forward only when it hits his hand does it come back in front of him and is under his control. If it doesn't hit his hand Diame and Cole are through on goal, if it happened outside the box the ref would have given the handball, that's why I think it was a penalty.

I would like referees to give an interview after the game and explain their decisions. It would make it more interesting to see their thinking behind the decisions, but the problem with that would be, as soon as one of them said "I didn't see it" people will jump on that as an excuse to bring in video replays.

Also somebody mentioned that Dowd is overweight and unfit, which he is. But the FA measure the fitness by making them run 3300 m (just over 2 miles) in 12 mins which is really easy (especially if your £60k job depends on it). So unless that changes, he will continue to be overweight and at times well behind the game
Seems like you wana jump ship and support Man UTD
BoleynGhost (West Ham United) 1 year ago
What utter bullshit some of you talk.... Only an idiot would try and argue that the ref got the decisions right  
Edgar193 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I love wayne but he's been missing from the spot too much lately. Its getting to the point where you don't know whether he's gonna' make it or not anymore....

Still a great performance I loved how we played today specially defensively its great to know we have that depth in squad because that's what ultimately wins you trophies treble season ON
Chukchuk (Manchester United) 1 year ago
The referees are very much under scrutiny at all times and feel pressure, especially by big clubs. I believe that if you look at some of the real madrid, barca or even in this case united, the referees my second guess them selves on calls.

Although it may not be the explanation behind all this, I really would like to know what the heck goes on. I don't think Ferg is paying off the refs. No way. United has been great over who knows how many years now and this ref thing shouldn't be the blame of it all
Chukchuk (Manchester United) 1 year ago
And just an fyi.... Phil Dowed, who did this game, sucks. He is overweight and has a beer belly. He shouldn't even be here if he is unfit
LOLOp (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Man Utd handball in the box = no penalty  West Ham handball in the box = penalty    .... Nuff said
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Yes because arsenal have never gotten dubious penalty decision before....

For what its worth the ball took a deflection (off rafa's hip) before it hit rafa's hand, i've never seen a pen given for that.

Meanwhile the west ham hand ball prevented a cross from being delivered. Those i've seen given, especially when the defenders hands are away from his body.
Superfanof (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Accept it, we won
Cjaystacks (Manchester United) 1 year ago
ABUS are like a broken record, same old sh*t zzzzzzzzzzz...
Man UTD = first    Nuff said

Kick4Life - changing lives through football