Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester United USA Tour 2011
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Hello United Supporters,

I this thread I would like to encourage discussion and exchanging of info regarding the annual USA Tour. Feel free to discuss which match you are going to, where the good seats are, meet-ups, ticket links, etc.

Schedule:
13 July: New England Revolution
Gillette Stadium, Boston

20 July: Seattle Sounders
Qwest Field, Seattle

23 July: Chicago Fire
Soldier Field, Chicago

27 July: MLS All-Stars
Red Bull Arena, New Jersey

30 July: Barcelona
FedExField, Washington DC
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 3 years ago
The All Star game and the Barca game are worth watching.... Seattle and The revs and Chicago will get crushed...
No doubt about that, I'd rather go to those games but there's an economic aspect lol
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Reid! Don't say that.... I'm going to the Chicago game lol
Joeymac (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Not necessarily- we lost to kansas city last year
Riajz (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I can't wait for the rematch vs barca, I want to see our new signings in action and if we don't rape barca at least lets beat them
Oh hey, I didn't know that Seattle would play United! That could be a good game along with the All Star game
Going to chicago! Hell yeah!
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Just got my tickets to the united v barca game in DC!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I reckon united will get it tough enough in the good ol "usa".
The mls teams are well into their season and as fit as butchers dogs, we're just getting going, so the odd defeat would not surprise me, but its a fitness exercise and results have little meaning, although its still nice to win for the fans in the usa.
You would think our quality should see us through most games
Kayteo (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Thing about those games is that neither team is really going for it, preseason games are all like that, there's more space and time on the ball for players which plays into our hands nicely. There are a bunch of good mls teams though, new york is quite savvy with some european veterans in the side.

There will probably be a few teams that are up for it and want to get in our faces, those will be tough ones and well worth watching
Indiesce (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Is there any highlight match for USA tour?
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Check back tomorrow
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Check back in a couple hours
Riajz (Manchester United) 3 years ago
One is done, four more to come
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
We're going to have to be better against seattle, a team that is very much in form. I wouldn't be surprised that if we come out slow we get beaten. Either way I think it will be a better game
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Depends on who plays, It should be de gea's first game plusall the other players will have joined up, except for Chicha, maybe we'll get to see Jones and smalling playing a part together.
Even if we lose itl'll only be by the odd goal.
But anyway i'll go for 2-3 to United !
Great win against Seattle. Chicago up next. Dgrant and Joey I know you guys are both going to Chicago, we should meet up at some point if you're cool with it! Also, I was wondering if anyone has info on United training sessions or events (before or after the match) available to the public?
My Uncle said that there is a training session on Friday, costs 100 American to get in. Don't know where it is, but it's out there for the public- and to pay off our Young, Jones, and De Gea transfers hahaha

And Borg, sorry I never got back to you about my tickets/seats. I still haven't the darndest idea where my seats are, all I know is that my uncle has got the tickets. You're behind the goal, correct?
No problem Joey, I'm in section 151. I'm driving to Chicago Friday so I probably won't make it for the training session. I also heard there is a public viewing for the premiership trophy on Friday at 11am
I'm in the 225 section on the south side of the field.... Lol dang, we're on opposite sides! Hopefully there will be stuff post-match, I want to get close to Rooney as possible

Kick4Life - changing lives through football