Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
MANCHESTER UNITED: TRANSFER STORIES 2012/13
Tony (footytube staff) 1 year ago
Creating this thread to keep a record of the real transfer stories and rumours for the coming season, it will not clutter up the chat page as much if we keep our transfer stories in the one place.
And we can look back and laugh at some of the suggestions and rumours.

Alexandre PATO hints AT premier league:

Link: menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/footbal...

I can't see that we would want pato?, as it says in the article it has alerted man utd.
If he is not good enough for milan, I don't see him being any better for us, and we already have better forwards, and there is better than pato out there
Northgreen (AC Milan) 1 year ago
He is good enough for Milan?
Well I watch a bit of italian footy, and he rarely gets a start
He would be well down my list of strikers
Northgreen (AC Milan) 1 year ago
He has been injured most of the season so that is why he doesn't always start for Milan.

Oh and when he isn't injured, I would say he is as good as Aguero, just too bad that he has had that many injuries, otherwise I am sure most would say he is up there with Villa, Falcao, Benzema, Higuain, Gomez, RVP, Zlatan, Rooney, Neymar (if not above them as well)

Here is a video from 2010-2011 if you have forgotten what a fit Pato will do

(he even had his moments this season with a new personal record in numbers of injuries under 1 season.)
The injuries are a problem, no way do we want another owen hardsocks to nurse for a few years and get nothing back.
No doubt the lad has talent, but not worth the gamble unless it was silly money
Kayteo (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Somere mentioned Joe Allen yesterday and it immediately got me interested, the lad is very talented and could be immense. Google for a little taster.

I seriously doubt he'd be pulled away from Swansea, he's been with the club since he was nine apparently, but yikes, he's good
Well everybody wants to better themselves, and he won't prove much staying at swansea.
Loyalty is a wonderful thing, but you got to be realistic and show some ambition
[account-removed] 1 year ago

"Barcelona announce that today an agreement with Valencia has been reached for the transfer of Jordi Alba, pending a medical examination. The player will undergo in Barcelona next week," an official statement reads.

"The cost of the transfer will be €14m and the player will sign a contract for the next five seasons."

Link: www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2012/06/28/3206347/b...

I guess that means we might go for Baines now. Maybe Aly Cissoko
One hell of a good signing for barca or anyone
Shame we didn't get him. 14million euros is nothing for a young player as good as him. But then again, we still have Fabio who will return even better in a years time
As anyone on the united forum will tell you, I am not a fan of the twins in a defensive role, I think they are terrible, and would be better in midfield, but there is not room for the both of them.
As a last line of defence they are a liability and not my cup of tea
These 2 remind me of Lahm when he was younger. He was good going forward, but poor at the back. Same like Alba, then both improved a lot in defending. I think Rafael is improving, and Fabio will be just as good too. At least I hope so anyway
Is Sir Alex buying a playmaker that isn't Modric? According to this article it says we want Rasmus Elm, who is in his last 12 months of his contract with AZ.

Link: www.fansfc.com/story/41430.html
ManUK (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I hope we at least make a bid Modric, that way at least I can feel like they tried

2/7/2012: Galatasaray president Unal Aysal is determined to sign Dimitar Berbatov this summer. Quoted by Bulgarian website Gol.Bg, the Istanbul club's supremo said: "The Bulgarian is a great forward. I want him to join us but, of course, coach Fatih Terim has the final word."

Link: www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Transfer-Specu...
I hope berba does move on, the man is wasted at old trafford and one of fergies major mistakes was giving him very little playing time last season, I reckon had berba played more we could have won the league instead of loosing it on goal difference.
He deserves to play for someone
Hope he gets transferred this year. Too good and professional to just sit on the bench at his age. Classy player, but also a good professional while he has been with us
RossiPique (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Ditto tony, f*****g ditto, chica was obviously in poor form last season and he was still persisted with, while herb wasn't even getting a place on the bench, the Bulgarian is a class act as a player and a man and is genuinely world class on his day.
Fergie treated him so badly last season and the man never ever complained, top f*****g goalscorer the year before, senseless really.
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Yeah, I agree, I don't want him staying here next season if he is just going to ride the bench. He doesn't deserve that, he's too good of a player to let his talent be wasted away. Never complains, never makes a fuss, but still would give his best and did when he was given his chance to play
I'll cause a stir here.... Outside of scholes and maybe giggs, berbatov is the best player we have, a touch of class.
He doesent need to run around like a headless chicken the way rooney does, and scores as many goals, , , work that one out? .... Lazy my ass
Ya, Berba is one of the classiest players out there, especially his first touch. Looks like he might have a chance to play first team games here if offers don't come in for him.Sir Alex says he will get games if he stays. Hope that's true, otherwise he will be wasting another year.

Link: www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football