Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
MANCHESTER UNITED SQUAD 2011/12 - WHICH PLAYERS IN & OUT
JustGary (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Now is a good time to state that evaluating a players performance is not ‘hating’ on a player. But it absolutely is an essential and inescapable part squad and team improvement. Almost all professionals go through some form of performance appraisal. This is an honest appraisal is in no way motivated by hating it is solely motivated by improving where possible on what we already have and maintaining the proud Manchester United legacy of playing entertaining attacking football. If you disagree that’s okay but please don’t suggest that its player hating … its team loving!

So let me start with the positives. It is of even more credit to the attitude, character and teamwork of a squad which most observers say is not as strong as in previous years that they find themselves within a few wins of holding the record for domestic leagues titles by themselves whilst also once again being strong champions league final contenders. This is of great credit to both the squad and the manager. Enough said.

Despite this achievement SAF would be the first to acknowledge, even if only privately for the sake of the mind set of existing players, that the quality of the squad needs improving. Obviously this improvement is not in terms of the attitude or commitment of the players or in their teamwork which is admirable and second to none but it is in terms of technical ability and the ability to perform at consistently at a world class level. (And by world-class level I mean within the top 8 players in the world for a player’s position or function for the team).

Manchester United’s back four as a unit and individually is clearly world class. It is world class by the given criteria but it is, most importantly, also world class by its performance. The same conclusion can also be reached for the attacking unit irrespective of the combination of players. There performance in terms of the number and quality of goals and assists is undoubtedly world class.

With the return of Valencia to make up the wing trio of Giggs, Nani and Valencia, although arguably (and I would say definitely) short of another naturally left sided player, this unit is individually and collectively world class and once again their performance statistics strongly back up this claim. In addition, these wingers are, of course, critical to the Manchester United style of attacking football.

I could have mentioned Van Der Sar whist dealing with the defence but the goal-keeping position and Van Der Sar, in particular, deserve their own consideration. Clearly Edwin is (still) a world class keeper and if he retires at the end of the season as seems likely Manchester United will be challenged to find a world class keeper! There are many classy keepers but by definition there are not many world-class keepers. In particular, a Manchester United doesn’t just need to be a good shot stopper but also needs to combine this with decisiveness, good communication, great concentration and very good distribution of the ball. So this is challenge number one for Manchester United: Getting a world-class goal keeper.

Even if this challenge is met it is not really improving the squad it is just maintaining the current world-class quality! To improve the squad in any substantial manner the critical area of focus has to be the central midfield. Even with squad rotation taken into account, Manchester United do not have a settled central midfield and main the reason for this is simply that it is not a world-class unit. There have been eight players who have been tried or selected for midfield duties and even at this point in the season we do not have a preferred pair! The combination of possible pairs seems almost endless and we have even considered putting Wayne Rooney in there which has its merits but we would only ever consider this because we can see that there really is a pretty big need!
Bases on this analysis it is clear that our prioritised needs are as follows:

Manchester United’s priorities:
1. Buying a world-class goalkeeper,
2. Establishing a world-class central midfield pairing which probably means buying another midfield player if you accept that none of the existing combinations can give you consistent world-class performances,
3. Getting players to strengthen some weaker positions in the squad, and
4. Rejuvenating the squad for the future

My squad suggestions:

Hernandez Welbeck
Rooney Berbatov

Nani Anderson Young Valencia
Giggs/Fabio Cleverley Fletcher Park

Evra Vidic Ferdinand Rafael
Enrique Evans Smalling O’Shea

De Gea (Neuer)
Lindegard
Other

Players Out
Van Der Sar, Scholes, Kucsack, Brown, Hargreaves, Gibson and Owen.
Bebe and Obertan out or to reserves (I really haven’t seen enough of them to make a good decision).

Players In
Purchases: 1. Keeper 2. Ashley Young or Wesley Schniejder (costly) 3. Bale (costly) 4. Enrique Promotions: 5. Welbeck 6. Cleverley

Others
Berbatov - stays unless we get a good offer 17+ million.
Carrick stays but will have to accept much less playing time!
O’Shea - stays until we find a decent replacement (these days he is too slow and generally lacks an attacking contribution).
Owen, reluctantly, has to go to make room in the squad for Welbeck.
Bale - if we get Bale then decision would have to be made about Giggs, Fabio and Enrique places in the squad.

Loans Out:

(To Sunderland, Bolton)
Pogba, Morrison, Tunnicliffe, King.

The above squad changes will bring us domestic league title number 20 with a 13th EPL title and a great chance of winning the champions league again for the a fourth or fifth time depending on how we do over the next few weeks
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Bale is overrated. He sucks and I would be very angry if we wasted money on him. All he does is dribble with no end product. One assist in 27 premier league game proves my point that he is overrated.
I think cleverley will be partnering carrick or fletcher next season. Carrick/fletcher will sit back and allow cleverley to join the attack. No need for snidjer.

Morrison will definitely play a part in the first team next season so will pogba. Tunnicliffe is probably one of the most creative young players I have ever seen and think he will make a few appearances next season.

Oshea signed a five year contract this season so he will be around for years to come.

Don't see why we would want enrique and young sucks
Neither Bale or Schniejder are in my squad but that's because of cost not quality. Our midfield is not world-class otherwise Gibson would never get a game! So Carrick/Fletcher - misses the main point about improving the squad and stability in midfield.

It's all about improving/strengthening the squad.

Simple question who would be your regular midfield pair in a 4-4-2 formation?
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
After watching rangers v celtic today, I would deffo buy goalkeeper alan mcgregor, outstanding display again, and I reckon he's better than neuer and de gea, and a hell of a lot cheaper
Fabianofan (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Alan Mcgreager is NOT better than Hugo Lloris who is also better than Neuer and espeisially De Gea and united shold buy Hugo Lloris I don't think Mcgreager is good enough
A
Joeymac (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I'm not a big fan of lloris in all honesty. Mcgregor is good, but I think neuer is the best of all four, but also the most expensive. It seems like german/ danish keepers are always very consistent and technical
Neuer doesent want to come to utd, so why even consider him?
Hugo loris wouldnt lace mcgregors boots fabianofan, rangers reserve keeper is even better neil alexander.... Lol.
I don't see why we always have to look beyond the british isles for players, when theres gems to be had for sensible amounts of money on our own doorstep
Kayteo (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Sneijder would fail in a 4-4-2. He's not tough enough to be a proper two-way midfielder. If we're playing 4-4-2 we may as well forget about sneijder, he would be an expensive mistake - unless you think fletcher can protect the defence all on his own for the whole season
Fletcher is our main defensive midfielder, but I wouldnt mind a scott parker type player brought in as back up
I think I would prefer norwood as a back up. Than to spend on parker. Norwood has been great for our reserves and even made his international debut a while back. Cory evens would also be a decent choice if he ever decides to stay instead of being a wuss
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Craig Gordon, always being impressed with the lad, and he's currently playing second fiddle to Mignolet at Sunderland. Like him a lot. Another option is Stekelenburg, but he will cost substantially more. Hope to see more of both Bebe and Obertan next season, but with good performances, Obertan has been a bit lacklustre.
Talking of left sided players, consider Juan Manuel Vargas, a very good player who can play the whole left side. Maybe also get Pedro Leon from Real Madrid for a cut price who'll be a good squad player at least, not much game time foreseen for him in the future, aside from warming the Real Madrid bench. Sneijder will probably be too expensive, and I don't believe the no funds stories, there is money there, but maybe spending the sums quoted for him would be too much. Rather spread it across a few players. Although the centre of our midfield is a critical part that needs reinvigorating
He's another great shout jimmy, although he's been unlucky with injuries, and mcgregor had another great two games this week, I think he's a lot better than these foreign keepers everyone wants to pay a fortune for
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Assuming VDS is retiring, we really need a keeper. The GK at Ajax is really good, so are a lot of others like De Gea. Neuer could be a possiblity because Bayern and Schalke can't seem to reach a qucik agreement, so that might give us a chance.
I don't think we need defenders, the current defenders are plenty and up to the task.
We probably need a midfielder like Sneijder. I am not saying we should buy him because it would be expensive but we do need a player like him. We should try ti save money and go for a underrated jem like Hernandez and Smalling. I am assuming Hargreaves will be fit again, because after a full preseason he should be alright and once he is fit he class all the way.
We might not need a Sneijder like player though if Cleverley comes back, I think that guy can make it at United.
Wingers are ok, especially if Welbeck comes back.
Strikers are fine. We keep Berba, get Welbeck back and if Owen leaves then we are still fine
Other than the relentless media hype, why do you think we need a player like sneijder? If he and carrick play in a 4-4-2, like him and scholes, the opposition will just walk through the midfield. Sneijder will fail in a 4-4-2 unless roy keane himself is beside him. At united we use width from wingers to attack, not a poncy 'creative mid' like they use in europe. Sneijder does not fit with our style of play
What I meant was there will be times when Rooney can't play every game. The way Rooney plays now is like a second striker instead of the main man. Sneijder could fit into that role and plus he is versatile so that could come in handy too. I am not saying we should buy Sneijder, I am saying we should buy a player like him, unless Cleverley or one of our youth prospects is up to the task.
Therefore a Sneijder type would come in really handy when we Rooney is rested, or formation changes, etc
MANUakn007 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Where is Park in your line up! He is one of Manchester united pivotal players we will need him next year
Kevinmw1 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
@kayteo, Snjeider would not fail in a 4-4-2 he is way to good to be limited by formation. Plus why not switch Man UTD to a 4-3-3, with fletcher, snjeider, Giggs/Park/Carrick in the middle and then Nani/Young, Ronney/Chicha/Berbatov, Valencia/Young/ Giggs up top. That would be killer
Hope this is their 2011/2012 squad GK: 1 Lloris 29 Kuszczak 34 Lindegaard 40 Amos
DF: 2 Fabio 3 Evra 5 Ferinand 6 Brown 12 Smalling 15 Vidic 20 (D) Evans 21 Rafael 23 (see) Evans 30 De Laet 44 Dudgeon 45 Gill
MF: 4 Hargreaves 8 Snijer 11 Giggs 13 Park 16 Carrick 17 Nani 18 Anderson 22 O'Shea 24 Fletcher 25 Valencia 28 Gibson 35 Cleverley 37 Brady 42 Pogba 46 Tunnicliffe 47 Norwood 49 Morrison
FW: 9 Berbatov 10 Rooney 14 Hernandez 19 Wellback 26 Obertan 27 Macheda 32 Diouf 33 Bebi 38 Ajose
Cory evans was sold. Bebe and obertan should be sold, another loan for macheda and ajose, with king moving into the first team. Drinkwater might be back and be given a chance to prove
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Bebe and Obertan should be Loan same with Macheda, King and Ajose to PL teams to get some real experiences

Next season players out: Kuszczak (sold) Hargreaves and Owen (released) Obertan & Bebe (Loan) Macheda, Ajose, King (Loan PL teams)

Next season player in: Cleverley, Welbeck, De Laet, Sneijder or Modric (Maybe to reinforce the midfield) Steklenburg, Lloris, or De Gea (one of those 3) Neuer (unlikely)
Desvil (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Ben amos needs to go on loan too
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Not keen on French keepers myself, too emotional.... No to Lloris, Norwood and Tunnicliffe to seriously light the new fuse
RRajeev (Manchester United) 3 years ago
My squad, simply but efficient:

Gk: Ling, Amos, Skelenburg
Def: Rafael, Fabio, OShea, Rio, Vida, Smalling, Evans, Evra, De Laet, Varane
Mid: Cleverley, Giggs, Morrison, Valencia, Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Gibson, Fletcher, Park, Pogba
For: Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berba, Diouf, King

Loan: Bebe, Obertan, Macheda, King
Out: W. Brown, Kukz, Hargo, Owen

Manager: SAF!
We rulz

ManHans (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yea! But i`ll add sneijder....
I'm looking at all your football manager lists, and the thing I'm not seeing is that consistent #1 midfielder to noisily take control of a game with a well-timed tackle and pass. I think there's good reason for that, I can't think of him either.

Sneijder is not the answer, he's not a defending type and he would conflict with rooney, because rooney wants to find that space and make that pass. Further he won't stop the opposition running through us, sneijder operates in a 3-man midfield with two holders behind him that essentially allows him to be lazy. He watches and waits for someone to get him the ball so he can knock it about. That is not what we need. 'creative' midfielders are a european invention, it's what you use when the rest of your team can't pass and you can't find good wingers.

Hargreaves was the best of the best at it. I honestly believe his tendinitis is the worst thing to happen to english football since munich. If hargreaves was fit we'd be chasing our 20th title by now, playing vs. Stoke at wembley and probably happy with another champions league cup in our closet. He would have easily kept barry out of the england squad and ozil would have been pulped before he could have a kick.

Looking ahead though, there aren't a lot of other options. We need a new keano, or hargo, or essien or even makelele. I think pogba could grow into that role but the lad is what, 18 now? It'll be a few years yet before he can make the step up.

Who is that guy? M'vila? Defour? I don't think it's rodwell, he sometimes goes missing in games and is too injury-prone. Henderson is too skinny, too much like carrick (except younger, he still likes to run around and doesn't know where to sit). Most of the established bundesliga stars won't leave germany (schweinsteiger) so I honestly couldn't tell you where he's coming from. It's either fletcher picks himself back up to where he was two seasons ago, carrick or anderson discover another gear we don't think they have, or someone gets poached from serbia, or nigeria, or wherever.

One option I hesitate to mention is valencia....

He's a machine, nobody would dispute this. He is extremely strong, fast, and his play to make the goal against everton shows what kind of a ballwinner he can be. We would certainly miss his service from the right, but nani wants to play there anyway, and if we find a left winger and get valencia some coaching for his positional sense I think it could work. Although I have no doubt it would work better if he were in a 3-man midfield, which means messing with rooney's role.

I don't know. If it's not fletcher or valencia then I don't think that guy is playing for us right now. And if that's the case then I don't know where you shop for that guy.

Anyway if we're playing football manager i'd sell nani and berbatov to finance the purchase of sanchez and bale. I know those have arguably been our two best players this year, but since nani was left off against chelsea he hasn't done anything, berba's been out and injured, and we're playing okay without them. With sanchez and bale, especially with welbeck coming back, we'll end up with more service from the left, more pace and a lot less diving.
I think your spot on. Part of the difficulty is the modern trend of three man midfield. As a result midfielders tend to be more limited in their roles - they are either CAMs, DMs, or deep playmaykers. These are all fine for 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 if you have the right balance but not so great for 4-4-2. As you indicate Keane or Hargreaves could have played in any formation. If a midfielder can play well in a 4-4-2 they can play in any formation. I am hoping Anderson will work on his fitness (lose 10 pounds) and step up his performance for us
Does that mean we should switch back to 4-3-3? We have immense forwards and good wingers, competent midfield roleplayers but no dominators. We lose Rooney in his free role behind Hernandez, but as the left or right forward in a 4-3-3 he can adjust to still roam around, find space and give those passes.

As an offensive 4-3-3
Rafael-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra
Valencia-Carrick-Anderson
Nani-Hernandez-Rooney

Lots of passing and invention, huge pace and crossing on the right, Valencia and Anderson can press while Carrick sits deep, Rooney roams and Nani can go wide, or cut inside and have Valencia or Rafael overlap. Fletcher can play in any of those midfield roles and push Valencia up to right forward, replacing Nani, Park can replace Hernandez and play on the left, moving Rooney up centrally and then we have a more orthodox 4-5-1.

Certainly though we need to look at the five-year plan, however, there is a squad adjustment coming soon due to aging and Pogba, Tunnicliffe, Morrison, etc coming up. Those young players may benefit from playing league ties in a 4-3-3 with Carrick/Giggs/Fletcher alongside them, but throw them in the deep end in a 4-4-2 and who knows how they'll do.

If we're playing 4-4-2 going forward we need a hard box-to-box man like Hargo. If we're going 4-3-3 we need a proper holding player and we could accommodate an european 'creative' type, as much as that sticks in my craw
I agree with Kayteo.... We need a world-class destroyer type(someone like Pepe).... Against Barca that was the problem.... Carrick let Xavi and Iniesta do their stuff.... No body closed down effectively neither did anyone look as if they were confident defending against Barca.... So.... We need a destroyer.... Pepe would be ideal.... But somebody like Lassana Diarra, Sandro or Angelo Palombo.... Fletcher can do that role but he is having problems being fit.... We need this kind of midfielder, a goalie and a winger.... With these additions plus the right tactics against the big teams we could defeat Barca or RM or anyone.... Main thing is the midfielder and the proper tactics next year.... If that happens(which I believe Sir Alex will do right) then we can once again eventually become the best in the world...
SirRyanGiggs11 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
If hargo, by some miracle, get healthy, let the man stay. Also, giggs must stay, you can't evaluate how much his mere presence helps the team, sad to say but scholes is probs done, give me anderson, sell gibson, I don't play midfield and i'd do better than he does
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Berbatov leaves United and comes back to Tottenham...
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Of all Clubs, Spurs would be my favourite for him
Wayne (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Out: Hargreaves, Obertan, Diouf, Kuzszsack, Ajose (just a feeling. Too much strikers), and possibly Berbatov (Unless he signs contract extension this summer).

In: Fergie's fledgling, De Gea and Steven Defour.

I highly doubt Berba wud sign after contract talks broke down...
Wayne (Manchester United) 3 years ago
After today's game.... My list for out and in is very possible
Yeah.... Probably.... But the only change is A. Young, David De Gea, the midfield destroyer we desperately need...
Yeah.... Probably.... But the only change is A. Young, David De Gea, the midfield destroyer we desperately need...
Sorry.... Multiple post.... I really don't know how that happens
Ldinho (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Get rid of Berba to spurs. Obertan and bebe to wherever. Get a striker, preferably Asamoah Gyan. Get Gareth Bale at Left Mid. And a Center mid? Possibly Sneijder (too good to be true), Ashley Young? , RodWell? .... I'm actually out of midfielders.... s**t
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Bale are overrated, I rather spend that money on Hazard or Sanchez
Dougla coata is a million time better than bale and will cost less. Just imagine the chemistry he and fabio will have in a few years time
AmazingBen101 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I agree with Somere. Costa is a better option than Bale. He's younger and would fit into our team with ease
Douglas costa and bale are different players entirely, bale is a winger/full back, costa is that stupid 'attacking mid' position which WE don't NEED because we play 4-4-2 and rooney fills that role.
Bale fits with what we do - which is attack down the wings with pace, ding crosses in or cut back from the winger beating his man, which bale can do.
Oh, and costa is what, one year younger? Don't compare the two. Bale is overrated, but only because he's rated at a billion pounds, he's worth 25m easy. Just not 40m.
@Ldinho we have too many strikers already, why would you buy another? Welbeck and macheda already have no room in the side, with owen leaving there's room for one, and if you sell berba we'll still have four main strikers with cole, keane, diouf and king waiting for a chance. I don't want to see berba sold in any case
Costa is a left winger who is faster, more agile, free kick specialist, can actually beat a defender with skill and not speed alone.
I be your one of those who thinks he will be the next best think. To tell you the truth bale is never even going to be good enough to lace nani's shoes. He is as overrated as they come
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Shut up Somere, Kayteo's got it spot on, you're talking out of your arse. Go argue about something else if you want to, because you're not going to win this argument
Your not very smart. On which planet is bale half as good as people make it seem. Name once besides those two milan games and the games against chelsea and arsenal last season where bales has put in a good performance. Name 2 separate occasions that bale assisted in a goal. Names one occasion where bale had beaten a defender that is not maicon. Names one occasion where bale has beaten a defender with skill and not strength and speed. Name one occasion that one of his many crosses has even landed on the head of a striker.
Douglas costa is better than bale and you must be a retard not to see that.
You could stand to be more polite. Now costa plays in the ukraine, no big deal, he's not putting up legendary numbers, he plays fine but he's not a world-beater, and he's not a left winger! He would add to our middling squad of midfielders who can attack but don't take responsibility for controlling the game.

Bale is not setting teams on fire either but he's 21 or 22, has the physical characteristics and potential to become one of the best in the world. Buy bale for potential, he can learn from giggs and I wouldn't be upset to see us splash 20m on him. 40 is ridiculous as i've said.
Every game i've seen him in, bale puts 2 or 3 grand crosses across the six-yard box after embarassing the right-back, it's not his fault his strikers are rubbish and can't get the touch. He's the brightest prospect in the UK and just because he started the season brighter than he ended it doesn't change it.
Furthermore, bale tracks back. He's not as good at it as Valencia but he certainly helps out his team, costa does none of that.
Edit: and as for not being able to see costa is better than bale, I might watch the epl, and not ukraine TV? That might have something to do with it. Now take your rude comments and stuff them
I have 232 rude votes that should be enough to tell you that I don't care about rude votes
Sure.  But where have you been learning so much about costa that you have more information on him that bale, who is so easily accessible?
Pauleta (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I believe players such as Mario Goetze or Yoaan Gourcuff will be needed, we need strength in depth for our central midfield positions plus a playmaker and maybe a pretty good CDM such as fellaini, luis Gustavo or sven bender and also now is the time to get a good pure left winger (giggs can't play every game).... Keepers such as Adler, lloris and De gea are welcome

We need to buy young and extremely talented players
Again, goetze is a 'free role' player who would completely fail at 4-4-2, and gourcuff is that dumb 'creative' mid thing, only any good in a 3 man midfield, they aren't what we need, we need the second coming of keano to rock the midfield if we're sticking with rooney and hernandez up top. If we're playing a 3-man midfield then gourcuff is fine but not world-beating, and we'd need a proper holding player more as anderson is our attacking mid hope and fletcher is a two-way player, not content to sit back and hold
Manufan1234 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Goetze is the german version of Samir Nasri.  Hate me, but we should go and get De Jong out of Citeh!  
RossiPique (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Costa or Young for me, I do like Bale and think he is a talent but for what we'd have to pay for him then he is certainly not anywhere near worth it.
As regards Costa or Young, both are extremely fast and skillfull, both are great set piece takers and this is especially important as 2 of the only free kicks I can remember us scoring are Rooneys against West Ham and Giggsys against Spurs whenever that was and we need someone who can get the ball past the 1st defender at corners as Nani doesn't seem to be able to do.

If Cleverly or maybe even Tunnicliffe can make the step up either next season or the one after then i'd be nearly happy enough to leave central midfield alone, maybe a decent box to box midfielder as in Defour although if Anderson actually gets a full pre season behind him then he could well fulfill this, and Pogba will be coming to the age where he's gonna' start to become a member of the first team squad too

Attack wise we are ok with Danny and probably Kiko back for next season (please remember the guy is only what 19 and needs some time)
Defence were ok too, don't need any back up as i'd like de laet to get a chance as a squad player next season and I reckon vermijl can also get a few games
Obviously a fitting replacement for Edwin is the priority, with De Gea my choice but probably Sketelnburg or Adler too
Giggs did score against west ham I think for his 150th goals or is it his 100th premier league goal.

I think scott wootton can also make the step up. We cam partner him with vidic a few time next season or even loan him to a premier league club. He is very talent, he along with carragher, owen and gerrard are the only players in liverpool history to make their u-18 team at only 14
What about Scott Parker?
He's combative, English, passes well, can score, and he'll be affordable when west ham go down. He's got two or three years left in him since he won't play every game, and that might be long enough to see Pogba and Tunnicliffe into the side. He might be a case of right place right time for us. So long as he gets a haircut - his hair creates drag and a buzz will make him 4% faster
Anyone considering stuart downing?
A true left winger, and would compliment valencia with his crossing, and nani who likes to cut inside, with good service to rooney and hernendez.
He'll be relatively inexpensive, he's only 26, and he seems like a reliable player, plus he's from england and very familiar with the british game.

And tony has got me on the steven davis bandwagon. He's also relatively inexpensive, young, reliable, he'd add depth to our midfield, and from and. Ireland, so he wouldn't have to adapt. Either him or charlie adam.

We need players that can be creative while working hard for the club, and with man utd training, I think any one of these three players could be a great fit great for us, without taking too much out of our pocketbooks. Add in some reserves to the first team, and we'd be getting 5-10 years of service for some low cost
I like downing but I don't think he's all that good, he's good for villa but is he united quality? We really need a world beater on the left
Yeah you might be right. But I don't think we need a great flash left winger. As long as he can beat his man and give Rooney good crosses on a consistent basis, then that would almost be good enough for me
That's the same way I feel about Young. Good enough.... But United quality?
I think Young is good enough to play for United. He is versatile, young, quick, technique, etc. He would fit in fine. We should have got him ages ago when he was at Watford
@Khalid7.... You say that after I beat you with Villa in FIFA.... .... Joking...
Okay, so my current choices:

1. If we can get Sanchez....
In: Sanchez, Parker, this mysterious keeper Van Der Sar says is already chosen
Out: Owen, Obertan, Diouf, Kuzszsack

2. If we can't get Sanchez
In: Young, Parker, M'Vila, keeperX

Same outs.
Welbeck and Cleverley promoted in either case.
RRajeev (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Why Diouf out?
Manutdnyc2 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Because he's pitiful on the pitch. He's my second-least favourite after Gibson. I'm part of the ABG club.... Anyone but Gibo
Actually because diouf is surplus to requirements, he's not as good as welbeck or macheda, we've got lots of forwards and he's lowest on the list. I do think he's a good player, just not as good as he needs to be.
And let's not hate on gibbo, he does good work for us, keeps it simple and he's learning how to pick a pass. Next season is make-or-break I think
My purchases wud be: Sneijder or Modric.... Another defensive midfielder like Lassana Diarra or Mamadou Diarra to replace Fletcher when he's not there....

A Winger like Alexis Sanchez but Ashley Young would be my choice as he is used to the Premier League and will take less time to settle and has very good technical abilities himself....

Striker no need.... Promote Welbeck.... If Berba leaves then promote Macheda....
Goalie.... I want Neuer, but Stekelenburg is better as he has a lower price.... And is very good himself....

Defender: I WANT MATS hummels!.... Or Raphael Varane!.... Both wud do.... Varane is a beast in FM btw and I just can't keep that guy out of the side.... So I wud prefer to see him at United....

Please SIR ALEX.... Please MAKE THE midfield stronger.... We won't need any defenders if we can keep them injury free....

Out: Kuzscak(I don't know how you spell his name ), Scholes(if he retires, otherwise keep him), hargreaves, VDS, Bebe(on loan), Obertan(on loan)....
Pauleta (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Fletcher is way better and I think younger than mamadou diarra.... I believe Fellainni or Rodwell(sorry everton ) will make a better choice for a DM.... Alexis sanchez and douglas look like pretty good wingers but I fear there might be stiff compettion with other clubs for them

We desperatly need and AM/playmaker like Sneijder and johann Gourcuff

Hummels is an excellent choice(hope we get him !) tall strong and a good header of the ball

I don't mind promoting welbeck or macheda but I feel we need a new striker seems it seems like berba aint gonna' be here next season
We've got the league and the champions league final, we don't 'desperately' need anyone.

And sneijder will further weaken the midfield, he's not the sort to step in and tackle a runner. If we're playing 4-4-2 then both central midfielders need to tackle
We've got the league and the champions league final, we don't 'desperately' need anyone.

And sneijder will further weaken the midfield, he's not the sort to step in and tackle a runner. If we're playing 4-4-2 then both central midfielders need to tackle
Hummels might be expensive as he has had a good season with BVB.... So I recommend Varane.... OR Gary Cahill.... Both are excellent.... To replace Fletch incase he's not there, why not get Yann M'Vila? .... He's terrific and one of the better performers for Stade Rennais.... Sneijder will make our midfield stronger in my opinion as we need some1 to create.... Yes, we have Rooney now.... But with Sneijder they cud be the Xavi-Iniesta of our team.... And if we have berba or chicharito up front.... We can score truckloads with our creativity and strong defence.... So Sneijder wud be a good signing for me...
I think m'vila would be a good buy as well. But I don't think sneijder would do much for us on his own, it has to be sneijder plus another holding midfielder (like m'vila) to take up the defensive slack. And then it has to be 4-3-3 or 4-5-1.
In my mind, sneijder keeps chicharito on the bench because we would have to switch systems
I think Sneijder wud actually help Chicharito score more bcoz of his creativity.... Cleverley can do the same but he needs more experience...
That's nonsense though because they'll never play in the same team! SAF won't play a lone striker who isn't rooney in a reasonably important league game, and sneijder means we're playing a lone striker up front with wingers in a 4-3-3 or a 4-5-1. Our midfield needs more strength, power and tenacity, it has plenty of passing ability, and passing ability is all sneijder has. He won't stop lampard or meireles or toure from busting through us and that's what we need, in addition to the threat we have in attack
Manutdnyc2 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Some of what people say is just absolute rubbish. Personally I think we should have kept Ben Foster, but besides the point. Watching out preseason trip to america last year Cleverly displayed absolute magic he will be an excellent player going forward. However I would give him one more year to develop. I think Scholes is done this year, although he is still showing quality. We don't need another winger, so forget about bale. Luka Modric and Wesley Sneider would be second on my transfer list after a keeper. I've given up on Kiko and Obertan. Our defence should stay exactly the same. And hey, the 20th is on the way
Kiko and Obertan cud be something great.... Just need a bit more time.... And I hope the 20th is on its way to Old Trafford...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football