Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Man Utd New Attacking Line
Xybati (Manchester United) 4 years ago
When Tevez and Ronaldo left, Sir Alex brought in Valencia and Owen to replace them.... Is this sufficient? Is it so simple like that? I personally don't think so.... Sir Alex is brilliant.... He has his own plan. Rising stars like Macheda, forgotten talent(Nani), the Galactico that failed to shine(Berbatov), the striker that played on the wings last season(Rooney).... All these options mean new tactics are in store for Man Utd.... We hope to see fantastic football and we can hope for that!

In the mean-time the defensive line is not being changed muchg.... The attacking line-up should be very interesting for sir Alex to adjust without worrying so much to focus on one player(Ronaldo). That's the good thing for Man Utd.

My favourite line-up for attacking line should be:

Forward(Left) : Rooney (Owen)
Forward(Right) : Berbatov (Macheda)
Midfielder(Left) : Scholes (Anderson, Giggs)
Midfielder(Right) : Carrick (Hargreaves, Fletcher, Gibson)
Wing(Left) : Nani (Giggs, Park, Tosic)
Wing(Right) : Valencia (Park, Hargreaves)

What do you think?

[friendly mod edit ]
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
I don't think Ronaldo will be as missed as his brand-pushers (the press) would like you to think. Tevez on the other hand is a different story, he had the ability to influence the mentality of the team and encourage a sense of urgency.

The attacking combinations you mention above are potent to say the least, if the vision of Carrick and the intelligence of Rooney is as strong as it was last season, then I think United will have no problem in the 'goals for' column. United are an attacking side and the impressive squad depth will mean that goals will be scored
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ronaldo gave United countless last minute wins and goals (60+ goals in two seasons) in general. He'll be missed. If anyone can fill the gap though, its A Ferguson. United will certianly be there or thereabouts by seasons end
Mafmoe (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I'm not worried The team will be good enough to challenge for the title again this year !
Whiemp (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Me too friend
Somere (Portmore Utd) 4 years ago
No worries. Nani can replace ronaldo but its going to be hard finding a forward as good as tevez so its best if they try to build up macheda and let him reach his full potential
Whiemp (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I hope nani improved....  And robben comes....
TelGOLD (Celtic) 4 years ago
I think Man United have been a one man team for the last couple of seasons and will really struggle without Cristiano Ronaldo in particular - Tevez did great work at Old Trafford and I can't understand his moving to Man City.
Why with all the money Man United have would they sell these players?
Michael Owen is injury prone and will never be like he was in his prime of the late 90s - early 00s.
United will not win a major trophy in 2009-10 in my opinion
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ronaldo has wanted to leave every season for the last three or four seasons, its well documented. Sepp Blatter even called the fact that United wouldn't let him leave "modern day slavery".

Link: www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s237/st100879.htm...

Link: soccerlens.com/ronaldo-i-want-to-leave-manchester-...
From 2006, for example

As for Tevez, the accepted reason he left is that United/Ferguson waited and waited to offer him a permanent contract, and left him waiting far too long, showing little respect, and eventually he got sick of it and left. I personally feel he would have loved to stay, seeing as some of his best friends are still there (Park, Evra).

Even with all that in mind I'm sure United will either win the title or put up an intense challenge for it. I think a lot of players at Old Trafford will breathe easier now that Ronaldo is gone. Perhaps they'll feel they have more room to play their best
Bshinners3 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Wayne Rooney will fill ronaldos shoes. He is a great striker and I expect 25+ goals from him. Valencia will come into his own on the right and Berbatov will recapture his form
Connersy (Manchester United) 4 years ago
They'll still have a good squad
Xybati (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Quite stable at this moment.... Hoping Hargreaves will come on pitch.... Nani has improve, as well as Berbatov, good job.... Rooney is marvellous, key man!
Harsha11 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
To complete the winning team in all levels, mainly in champions league hargreaves should be in team. Valencia is not man utd player.... There should be hargreaves. He has that potential to creat chances and even he is good free kick taker.... Can score more than valencia
Somere (Portmore Utd) 4 years ago
I have been watchin some clips and realised that berbatov is probebly one of the best strikers in the epl. Once he settles united will have no problem scoring goals
MazzaMathias (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Need a better midfielder, like a fabregas, gerrard, or lampard. All of our rivals have excellent midfielders, something we need to strengthen. Scholes is too old, ando is not progressing well, and carrick just isn't sufficient

Kick4Life - changing lives through football