Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Everton-match Reactions
[account-removed] 2 years ago
The match vs Everton just ended and obviously everyone has to air their opinions on it. Plus, since our next game is what appears to be miles away, I thought a thread would a nice concise place to group up many peoples opinions of the Everton match.

Imo,

De Gea was outstanding today and its great to see him continue his good form from the second half of the season.
Kagawa was good as well and did well in orchestrating attacks and keeping possession smartly.
Nani was poor by his standards, and so were a few others, but this is the first game of the srason, against Everton, that too at Goodison Park, so that's expected.
Our general play was alright. As matches pass we should appear more sharp and the passing oriented football will pay off.
We did well enough with 2 non-defenders in defence. Valencia held his ground and Carrick did well too, expect for the corner from which we conceded.
Don't understand why Scholes played today, that too the full 90 minutes. Since we had Valencia and Carrick in defence, I think it would have made more sense to have a midfield pairing of Cleverley and Anderson ahead of Carrick. That would have helped protect the backline better and their energy would have helped win the knockdowns that Fellaini was winning.
Hibbert and Fellaini played well, but Jagielka was outstanding and made some great tackles.
We should invest some money into the medical department. Ffs, 1st game of the season and already 4 out of 5 Cb's are injured.

Overall, 1st game of the season with a patched up defence vs Everton, that too at Goodison Park is out of the way. We lost, but played ok, and lost narrowly. Things will get better as the weeks pass. Don't listen to the ABU's, as usual, Everton are hard to beat at their home and we arguably had the toughest opener out of all the major teams, like City, Chelsea, etc. Roll on Fulham, at Old Trafford, with more match sharpness and hopefully Rio and/or Evans back to full fitness
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
I think I will keep my opinions to myself, I don't want to lose any friends lol.  Kagawa and clevs were decent, we'll leave it at that.
Buy fellaini and jagielka yesterday, get them in
Tdsmufan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
We need to get Baines because he is a master at free kicks. We also need to get leon Osman. Baines will obviously help in the back
We have already signed a left back today, alexander butner from vitesse
I would forget anderson, and bring young nick powell on, I think he will be a far better player than ando, who's average at best.
Sorry ando fans
Barracuda (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I snuck out of work to watch the game, and the entire time our passing was like a cradle. Left to right to left to right.

Clearly the team were out of sync with kagawa
Well mash, I mentioned it somewhere else on our forum, everytime kagawa played scholes the ball he made a move forward expecting to get it back, but for some unknown reason scholes kept knocking it backwards or sideways, and the lad was running for nothing.
I'm not about to have a go at scholesy, but he didn't have his best night, and we need to start going forward instead of this boring crab football, whats the sense of wingers ffs?
Man utds way was always fast attacking football raiding down both wings with early crosses which hernandez and rooney thrive on.... Wheres that gone?
DwayneGooney (Manchester United) 2 years ago
No thanks. Baines is worse than Evra at defending
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Baines actually had a pretty good job defending Nani, or it could be that Nani was having a poor game as well. But I wouldn't say to bring him in at United, it's not a smart idea
Was pretty pissed we couldn't get any shots on goal that much, it sucks that Everton were getting more shots than us, and lately, teams have been doing that a lot. Hopefully, we can fix that in the next few games and many players will regain their form.

I thought we should try to switch up the formation back to 4-2-3-1, but looking at it again, we were playing almost like it in attack. I rather start the Cleverley-Anderson combo in midfield vs. Fulham, Scholes didn't have a good night and he looked tired
Way too negative mate, if you don't think your good enough to win a game, you most likely won't.  We do not look our usual dominant selves.
Well, I was only stating the truth, we honestly don't look anywhere near deadly, maybe we can regain confidence again against Fulham and score possibly by a large margin. We better step to it, before it's too late
GingerPrince18 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Not too worried by the result or the performance. We had a makeshift defence and need to bed Kagawa into our team. Add to that Everton are a strong and physical team and are no pushovers, I don't think we should be getting too concerned. I back us to get a comfortable but unspectacular win against Fulham tomorrow to get the job done

Kick4Life - changing lives through football