Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Classic Man Utd Matches
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hey everyone, please post any videos of classic United matches. It's a great way to learn more about the history and legends of our club. Cheers!
Man Utd v Arsenal 99 FA Cup    
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Ahh this is as classic as it gets...
Flame (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Giggsy.... Take a bow lad
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lost a few heartbeats in that game, classic from beginning to end you couldn't write a better scpript for a thriller, ending up with in my eyes one of the top 5 goals of all time, to come up with a goal like that after a full season, extra time and one man down, Unbelievable !
FutureMUplayer (Manchester United) 2 years ago
That was a superb match! 3 great goals and the last one is unbelievable! Somebody must of gotten a heart attack from watching this match!
Sassysa (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Awesome awesome match!
Tdsmufan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Superb goal by giggsy  
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
That's one goal they will still be talking about a 100 years from now, tremendous effort
EnziWazza (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Manchester United 3 - 0 Barcelona, second leg European Cup Winners' Cup Quarter Final (21st March 1984, Old Trafford, Manchester) a brilliant fight back after defeated 2-0 in first leg at Nou Camp :

Manchester united: Bailey, Albiston, Moran, Hogg, Duxbury, Muhren, Robson, Wilkins, Moses, Stapleton, Whiteside
Subs : Pears, Graham, Gidman, McGrath, Hughes

Barcelona: Urruti, Gerardo, Moratella, Julio Alberto, Victor, Alesanco, Alonso, Schuster, Rojo, Maradona, Marcos
Subs : Olmo, Artoia, Clos, Manola, Esteban
Joeymac (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Watched this last night, vintage Manchester united
Awesome match!
Chafcouf93 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Stapleton you legend
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
No empty spaces in the ground at the end of that match ! All you prawn stuffers watching and learning? Yet another magic night ! Stuff of my dreams/memories !
Also, if anyone could post any of our five-goal comebacks against tottenham, and our 3-1 win against Liverpool at anfield in 96/97, that'd be great.
I'd do it myself, but I'm on an iPod right now
Liverpool v Man United 97    
Mauijim (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Ya gotta' love Pallister. I remember I would cheer "Get one Palli!" every time United won a corner;
Opposing teams feared him powering into the box. He was a beast
Wenrooney (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I've put that one up already.... Check the last post.... Manutd 5- tottenham 3
Great goal from Palli!
Liverpool 1 vs 2 Manchester United, FA Cup final (21st May 1977, Wembley, London, England)

Liverpool were much fancied heading into the showdown having won the League and four days away from their first European Cup triumph in Rome(@). United, however, burst their bubble and dented Bob Paisley's Treble-chasing ambitions at Wembley.

Three goals inside five minutes sparked the final into life shortly into the second half. After Jimmy Case had cancelled out Stuart Pearson’s opener, Lou Macari’s deflected shot off team-mate Jimmy Greenhoff’s chest looped over Ray Clemence and started United’s celebrations (telegraph.co.uk)

Manchester United : Stepney, Nicholl, Albiston, McIlroy, Greenhoff be, Buchan, Coppell, Greenhoff J, Pearson, Macari, Hill (McCreery)

Liverpool : Clemence, Neal, Jones, Smith, Kennedy, Hughes, Keegan, Case, Heighway, Johnson (Callaghan), McDermott

(@) four day before they won their first european cup 25 May 1977, united beat them at FA cup final 2-1
Manchester United 3-2 Manchester City
April 1996, Maine Road

Cantona (pen), Cole, Giggs
September 21, 2001- Manchester United 5-2 Tottenham -White Hart Lane

United came back from being behind 0-3, with Spurs getting goals from Dean Richards, Les Ferdinand, and Christian Ziege.
Storming back after halftime, United scored with Andy Cole, Laurent Blanc, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Juan Sebastian Veron, and David Beckham, stunning those present at White Hart Lane.

Part 1

Part 2

Paytonred (Manchester United) 2 years ago
The video is spurs 3-5 United
That's what I meant, I just put 3-2
One of the greatest comebacks ever!
FutureMUplayer (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Fantastic come back! Probably the best in the Premier League
I agree, great goal from Beckham
Somere (Portmore Utd) 2 years ago
Here is one of my favorites

5-2 tottenham

Link: www.metacafe.com/watch/2745175/manchester_united_v...
JustGary (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Borg, great thread mate and a lot of fun

These two videos are from the treble year 99. In the champions league we were in the group of death with Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Barcelona all drawn in the same group. Figo made us feel sorry for Phil Neville at OT leg and Rivaldo, Beckham, and Yorke played absolutely unbelievably
The reward for getting out of the group stage was to eventually play Juventus. There's a video somewhere of Gary Neville's priceless reaction to United being drawn against Juventus. His reaction alone tells you that they were a formidable side with Edgar Davids and Zidane on top form but when you've got a Roy Keane in your side anything is possible.

Thanks Gary. It's great to look back at the matches before I became a fan and learn more about the influential players and games
I always say this game because me and my son thomas were at the game, stretford end, right in the centre of the goal, what a night, no voice left and a thumping headache for my pains.

MAN UTD 7 ROMA 1

I must be one of the luckiest guys ever to have seen alan smith score twice.... Lol, this one v roma, and he scored the winner in a 1-0 united win over norwich city which I was at, that's the day we met gabriel heinze after the match, our supporters club had it organised for him to meet us, sign autographs, take pics etc:, so I won't forget alans goal against norwich, it was a belter of a goal
And heres that very alan smith goal v norwich, don't miss it, its a corker and was right on half time, my son and his mate had just went for a beer.

That 7-1 against roma was absolutely superb.  One of the best displays of all time.
That night was a blur to everyone that was there, from being 2-1 down from the first leg, there was a bit of apprehension around, and the way the team started the game was el magnifico, we just seemed to be cheering a goal every minute.... Lol, talk about a sore head and throat
Carrick was awesome that night
Ya loved both goals from Carrick.... ;D
And? , I have seen gary neville score a goal, now not many can say that.... Lol.... V everton, early 2000's
DevilzTheatre (Manchester United) 2 years ago
What an excellent idea for a forum thread. Lots of excellent memories re-lived! Many thanks and kudos
Can't forget two of the big ones

Manchester United va Benfica

Manchester United vs Bayern Munich

And the 08 Final too.... ;D
Great game!
Manchester United 3-1 Liverpool
1/1/89 Old Trafford

McClair Barnes
Hughes
Beardsmore

1968 european cup semi final away leg....REAL madrid 3 MAN UTD 3, ITS AN oldie.

What a comeback!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football