Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Betting Corner
RRajeev (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Tony, any good bet for tomorow?
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
I won't get my footy coupon with the prices until later today, so I will maybe post something a little later.
West brom look to be the dogs balls this weekend.... Lol
My outside bet for tomorrow is fulham 19/10 away to villa, they really impressed me last week, the big russian up front {probregeyek} or something he's called.... Lol, paired with andy johnson were a handful, and dembele was fantastic
QPR also can take something from Bolton...
Finished 2-1 bolton.... I hope you never bet on rangers
I didn't bet Tony.... .... Ya I didn't bet on rangers...
They should have had a draw, they scored a perfectly good goal which was a yard over the line which the keeper clawed out, and the ref and linesman never gave it, they are crying out for tv technology on the radio at the minute.... Lol
Haha.... Lol.... I didn't see the match.... Now going to see Liverpool match.... Lets hope Sunderland finish pool over.... Some of my friends have bet on a score of 2-2 for this match...
I hear sunderland have a beachball taking sesignon's place as he's banned for this game.... Lol
I might watch the villa v fulham game, I love watching dembele
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Anyone on for tonight? , i've been debating a 2-0 or even a 2-1 win, sir alex sais he'd be happy with 1-0 so even he reckons its gonna' be tight Think I'll hang on till we get the team set up
My bet for tonight: Man UTD(HT), Hannover, Man City, Twente-draw, Alkmaar
I've gone for United, Valencia, AZ and Hannover and United 3-1
Hannover has been a very impressive team in Europe.... With M. Be. Diouf scoring in their last two matches. They will win the return leg.... They draw 2-2 yesterday....
United was the big surprise....
United have stuffed 3 out of my last 6 bets on them ! Chelsea, Ajax and now Bilbao where are the days of United the sure bet gone !
Ffs paddy leave united out of your bet this week, we might win a game.... Lol
I'm not saying your a scud, but its not looking to healthy.... Lol
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Hey would any of you mind if I shared this thread with the 'Massive Punt' forum. It would give it a bit more exposure.

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/massive-punt/

RRajeev set it up so by rights its his call, meself I don't have a problem with it as long as we don't get trolls and abusive idiots coming on, if so then I think an immediate ban should be given
Agree with Redsince63.... I have no problem Matt, we also need Tony and Alexinho opinions....  Cheers
Alexinho (AC Milan) 2 years ago
It's cool by me as long as I can locate it
We'll give it a bash matt, but any abuse from outsiders, its straight back to the united forum
I've only got a small amount to put on so I'm playing safe with City, Birmingham, Sheff utd,
Cheltenham, Dortmund and St Ettiene (I hope)!
Hoping for a small win to build up me reserves !
Well city win, but sheff utd and birmingham threw away handy leads at the death, theres always next week paddy, that's what I keep telling myself.... Lol
I never posted my bets this week as I had a few local northern irish teams in my bets, needless to say, I was chinned to, if it makes you feel a mere mortal
St Etienne was a big disappointment...
More or less my whole bunch was a disapointment, even city needed an own goal to scrape through !
Anyway i've spread me United bet with 1-2, 1-3 and 2-3 get at least a 70 % return I hope !
Wouldn't you get 2, 5 in odds for a simple win to united?

Oh and I didn't like my stats of betting - either so I just went for a 2 reserve bets. Cavani to score and someone to get red in Roma derby
I know cavani scored, but did anyone see red in the rome derby?
Yep, 2. Stekelenburg after 7 minutes (roma goalie) and Scaloni (Lazio RB) 86'
(Oh and it was 9, other yellow cards as well, 8 if you disregard Scaloni)

I should have posted the red card bet as well as they kind a got a story of getting many red cards in the Roma-Lazio derby. Those are even more hateful the El Clasico
@ Alexinho 16:50 euro, 2, 50 on the win and 14 for the 1-3 scoreline, always better than a kick in the face lol !
My bet for tomorow:  Arsenal-draw  Everton  Stoke  Man City  Ipswich  Thun  St Etienne
Where TO PUT YOUR money V spur's:

This article appears in the rep of mancunia every week, so I will post the link here every week.

Link: therepublikofmancunia.com/where-to-put-your-money-...
Going to bet on 1-3....
1-3 sounds like heaven to me ! And a reasonable bet as well !Lol
I WIN
Congrats me 2 !
Kiranpmody (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Does anyone know if you legally can bet on European football if you live in the US?
Any good bet this week?
I don't get a football coupon until friday, and I would never bet on friendly internationals, your wasting your time
2 early to say and I don't like to play international friendlies as I find them hard to predict. I might put a bet or 2 up for the weekend but not before I am more sure that keyplayers don't get injured for the match. The odds usually get higher also closer to the kickoff
Don't waste your money on any friendly, international or otherwise, save your money for the weekend
Ya.... Trying to analyse Liverpool vs Arsenal match for this Sat.... I want to bet on Arsenal...
I reckon a draw could be on the cards in this one
I'll go with Arsenal they have to salvage something out of the season and what better way than to take 3 points off on the clubs threatening from behind, Its amazing what a win like the one against Spurs can do for the confidence, would also help if Gerrard gets crocked on wednesday ! Anyway I won't be betting until I see the team sheets !
Hard match to call but since the 2 of you said draw and arsenal win. This is why I wouldn't count Liverpool out. Liverpool play home and get the aid of their home fans. Arsenal miss out on that. Arsenal just scored 5 goals in one game, and history shows that teams tend to struggle with following up a big scoring game.

Arsenal 5-3 chelsea | Arsenal 0-0 Marseille
Arsenal 4-0 Wigan | Arsenal 1-3 Olympiakos
Arsenal 7-1 Blackburn | Arsenal 1-2 Sunderland

This is the 3 occasions earlier this season where Arsenal has scored more than 3 goals in one match so I leave up to you to take a conclusion.

If you would like to include the friendly as well it wouldn't change the result:
Malaysian XI 0-4 Arsenal | Hangzhou Greentown 1-1 Arsenal
^^ Interesting theory / figures !
You were right about gerrard getting crocked paddy, he went off early straight down the tunnel, so you may be right
Internation break.... Both team have lots of players out for the international games.... Arsenal will be keeping their players for Milan game also.... I will bet a DRAW...
@Tony, always do me best mate! Its down to the method! Some people do it with dolls and pins and for Stevie G i've got a mannaquin and javelin lol
Is spear chucking at scousers legal? .... Lol
Barracuda (Manchester United) 2 years ago
So you guys don't do in play bets? I find that much more profitable and easy to predict if your watching the game
Well sure you could do that, but wouldn't be many who could get time to put their bets after reading your suggestion here? I know I would rarely get time to see it at least as I would be busy watching the game. But I guess you could give a shout for that for those who get time to see it and place their bets
Play bets are all right if your watching the match live, but even then you get the total upsets! I also find that when I'm putting th bet on it takes too long,
The game leverkussen -barca I got the first goal for barca but bet the next goal barca and leverkussen scored and for the 3rd I couldn't get the bet on!
Broke even but that's all!
Heres my two £5 6 timers for tomorrow.... Wish me luck.

Wigan 9/5
Notts county 5/6
Aldershot 1/1
Swindon 1/2
Middlesboro 6/4
Ross county 6/4

Peterboro 19/10
Crewe 1/1
Plymouth 1/1
Hartlepool 13/8
Tottenham 13/8
Stoke 11/10
Heres wishing you all the best mate! That 2nd one is a wicked bet Keepin me fingers crossed for yer!
I, 'm out of luck this week cos i've got to transfer cash which will take 4 or 5days on the other side what I can't bet I can't lose either LOL !
I always take a few dodgy ones paddy, its the only way to make a bet up, who wants to pick a load of odd's on teams when theres always a shock every week
Wigan
Pathetic attempt, oh well, theres always next week.

Can't believe wycombe beating hartlepool 5-0, hartlepool are better away than they are at home, and wycombe are bottom of the league.

Theres no poor bookies
Wigan should have won rrajeev, they had more possession and played well
Ya, I was watching the match.... That's why I'm sad...
Yep, I will be sitting studying form tonight picking out my two £5 bets for tomorrow, I may post my two bets later when I get my hands on tomorrows football coupon.
I usually pick two 6 team accumulators
Thanks Tony.... I also will post my bet acc tomorow...
Lazio - Fiorentina Home and get money back on draw: 1. 45 in odds.

10£

Fiorentina has been having a rather poor form so far this season in their away games and in 11 matches they have only scored 4 goals and have 1 win. (let in 11 goals). A win from their side against any italian team in away match seems rather unlikely, but statistics are also statistically going to break in the end. But I have a hard time beliving this will be something they are to break against Lazio at their own home soil. Because where Fiorentina fails to win at away games, Lazio is currently as great form in their home games not losing in 6 games at home in the league. (4 wins 2 draws) Their last loss was when they were up against Juve who themselves has yet to lose in the serie A.

If you are to bet in one game in Serie A this weekend, my advice to be for this game, but bare in mind that Fiorentina has taken 4 away draws and Lazio also 4 draws at home so that's why I don't want to rule that out. On the other hand, odds of 1, 25 on a Home/draw in this match is not worth betting on in my opinion and I am going for the Home bet in "side game" where draws will result in money back.

(my odds are taken out from Unibet where I usually bet, I do not guarantee any winnings but my history has paid of in the long term at least and this seems like one I would be willing to bet on)

It might also be an idea to go for Fiorentina to not score a goal as they just have 4 goals in 11 away matches and Lazio only let in 9 goals in 12 home matches if the odds of doing so at your betting place would have an odds higher than 1, 7

P. S. I also suggest that no one should put in suggestions here on things they are not willing to bet themselves. That way we might get a little better suggestions in overall at least.

/I set in 100 £ before I started making analysis here and I will aim to always keep your update of how My Balance will look like

90£ | 0£ wins/loss | 10£ pending

Edit:

Result - win. Payout 14, 50£

101, 5£ | +1, 5£ standing | 0£ pending
Borussia Mönchengladbach - Hamburger SV Home win with 0-1 Handicap with an odds of 3, 05

Matchinfo:
It could also be tempting to bet on Borussia Mönchengladbach - Hamburger SV for a home win with a handicap of 0-1

75% of the time Hamburger SV has lost in away games so far this season, they've been doing so with more than 1 goal.

The odds of Borussia Mönchengladbach to win is already down at 1, 75 in Unibet, no wonder considering they have yet to lose at home ground with their 8 wins and 3 draws so far in Bundesliga. With 24 goals scored and only let in 7 in these matches. They already bet Schalke (3-0)mand Bayern Munich (3-1) in last 2 matches home and would like to continue this trend with their fluid 1 touch football and very offensive set of playing in this match today.

Unibet themselves are also in believe that this will be a high scoring game listing the chance of more than 2, 5 goals in the match as low as 1, 9 in odds.

Regarding all these facts I did make my 2nd match bet on this match, however it is not a banker and I did a low bet in 3£ who would almost give me my money back from the previous bet if something were to happen here.

- 87£ | 0£ wins/loss | 13£ pending

Match over - bet lost

87£ | -3£ standing | 10£ pending
West Bromwich - Chelsea | away win with 1, 9 in odds.
10£

West Bromwich are really the opposite of most other clubs in the Premier League in the way that they are by far much better in their away matches than in their home matches this season.

Away Table:
1] United - 30
2] City - 24
3] Spurs - 21
4] West Bromwich 21
5] Chelsea - 20
All with 13 matches played.

Meanwhile they are as bad in their home matches with just 11 points taken in 13 matches and 8 losses

16] West Bromwich - 11
17] Wolverhampton - 11
18] QPR - 10
19] Wigan - 9
20] Bolton - 8

This leads me to believe that they are to follow up these stats when they are to guest Chelsea home.

As last week, I will again have a 2nd match listed up.

This time it will be:

Stoke-Norwich | away win with an odds of 4, 5

This match seems to be one where the bookies have little faith in Norwich despise their recent good run. They also seem to be as good in their away matches as their home matches. They also got 3 wins (1 lose) in their last 4 games as Stoke got 2 lose (1draw 1win) in their last 4 games.
This might be a risky bet indeed, but with this odds I find it worth gambling and will do so.

My account balance at the moment:

88, 5£ | +1, 5£ standing | 13£ pending

Edit:

88, 5£ | -11, 5£ standing | 0£ pending
Champions League. Milan is playing

Warning! You should not follow this bet as I am most likely to lose when looking at statistic. I am not making this bet because of I got some reasons to think this will happen but because of my heart belongs with Milan.

Milan win 3-1 | Odds of 30

83, 5£ | -11, 5£ standing | 5£ pending

Wish me luck

Edit:

83, 5£ | -16, 5£ standing | 0£ pending
A very good luck mate.... ...
Chelsea-Napoli | Napoli win | 5£ with 4, 6 in odds    78, 5£ | -21, 5£ standing | 0£ pending
You will win!.... I was going to bet on Napoli today.... But my money ended up in upgrading my PC....
Think I'll put me trust in your intuition lads and put some money on Napoli ! In combo with madrid 3 euro for 15. 06 return
Tripple:
Hertha Berlin - Bayern München Away 1. 35
Borussia Dortmund - Werder Bremen Home 1. 25
Bayer Leverkusen - Borussia Mönchengladbach Away 3. 35
Total odds 5. 65
Betting £5 | Stand to win £28. 27

73, 5£ balance | -21, 5£ standing | 5£ pending

Edit:

91, 77£ balance | +1. 77£ standing | 10£ pending
And as 2nd Match, I go with Parma-Milan away with a 1. 72 odds.

Milan has in only lost points to bologna outside the top7 of serie A both counting home and away matches. Because of this, they do seem like a safe bet compared to the odds. It is true that Parma managed to get a draw out of Juventus, but so has half the league managed to do if not more. Parma also beat Udinese in their home match but Udinese is a home team as well. When put up against Roma and Napoli who both are pretty even home and away compared to serie A (only Milan is better in taking points disregarding if they play home or away) Parma lost on both encounters. They have yet to meet Milan, Lazio and Inter.

All this is factors that make me believe enough to go for the bet of Milan

10£ bet

63£ balance | 21, 5£ standing | 15£ pending

Edit:

108, 97£ balance | +8, 97£ standing | 0£ pending
Riajz (Manchester United) 2 years ago
For those who live in the US online betting is not permitted. is pitty because I have good odds for games
? Do they actualy block sites? Otherwise try Bet-at-Home.com you can do wire transfers to an Austrian bank and its based out of Malta so it doesn't come under the EU juristriction !
Siena bieng the proverbial pain in the arse ! So onto the next bookie 1 -0 punter ! All the money i've got left on my internet account has gone on a United win, and correct score of 2-0, 3-0 and 3-1 !
That was all put on before I heard that Rooney was out and maybe Giggs and Scholes rested !
So if its a draw that's me up the creek with no paddle and a friggin big hole in me canoe !Lol
Thanks God I didn't bet yesterday.... United would have broken my bet
Me canoe has sunk and i've lost the paddle, so that's me for this season ! (set meself a limit) United broke me bank and Stevenage /Spurs - Chelsea/Brum !
22-02-2012: Man City(HT), Caen or draw, St Etienne or draw, Siena or draw, Motherwell

Kick4Life - changing lives through football