Forums / Manchester United
Order: Newest / Oldest
Berbatov Would Have Been A Better World Class Player If He Was Still In Tottenham
Yohtad (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I think Berbatov life was ruined when he joined Manchester united!
Barracuda (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Did you create a thread just to state that one line?
[account-removed] 2 years ago
He had his season of glory when he was the top scorer. However, life ruined? Hardly think you could say that. He's still earning a lot, he'll still get an offer from China or the middle east or the US for him to go and retire while playing casually and earning a lot.

However, he's not going to be regarded world class. Its always the case when "stars" from "smaller" teams are poached up by bigger teams and they just go there to sit on the bench. This is where money is ruining football, and this is why there is such a gap between the top 2 teams of many leagues and the next 3-4 teams fighting for a champions league spot. Happened in Spain, happened in Italy, happening now in both Germany and England. Quite the shame
Rudd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I agree with Magneto and Barracuda.
You may say that without thinking and the logical explanation is because of the state of the current team the Berbatov is in. For example when he was at Tottenham United were playing better so he thought to himself that he could achieve more with a better team which is most likely true unless that team has already got enough players in that certain position like with Berbatov he was a striker and in the first year he did brilliantly but as time went on the likes of Rooney Ronaldo etc overtook the Bulgarian maestro which made him fall in love with the substitute bench. As Magneto said at that period of time United and Chelsea (Arsenal) were the top teams and Tottenham weren't up that high with quality, so Berbatov left, simples.
Although that didn't ruin his career because he still is getting paid and a move to China or somewhere in Asia would prove to be a win win for both Manchester United and Berba.
However opinion is opinion
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Things might have turned out different if he had not left the Spurs, but perhaps signing for United was the better choice.

If you look at Berbatov's history with United, he's had a very good run - nothing spectacular for a United striker of course, but his stint was decent and certainly entertaining to watch for fans.

As of now, it's just best to look forward and hope he finds a good club to join- from my perspective, a talent like Berbatov will be a very highly-demanded and anticipated for free agent at the end of this season.

Hopefully he won't go to the 'Amateurs & Old Folks' League' (also known as the "mls") just yet
We are talking about football, it is not about the money! It is not about how much he is getting and how he is living! Compare Berbatov form or performance when he was in Tottenham and Manchester? I know he was a top scorer but it was not because he was consistent and also that season there was not so many good attackers in their top form and goals were low when compared to the other season! His style of playing doesn't suit Manchester pacy and counterattack football, he is a kind of player who would enjoy a one two football at a slower pace!
But I agree with magneto that most of the time, most players when ever a player come from a smaller team to a bigger team, they find it difficult to cope up with the expectations!
If it -was- about the money, Berbatov would probably have stayed and become like Michael Owen. However, I disagree that his style didn't suit United. Did you even watch any of United's matches last season? Berbatov was an excellent striker - the team was fed passes from Berbatov and vice versa, despite not dropping back to defend as much.

Unfortunately, times have changed. I miss 2011's squad!
You can't say excellent! I am not saying he wasn't good that season but we didn't see those skills, his pass and his big influence we used to see when he was at Tottenham and about his passes, we have seen very very few goal assists that season from him (it was less than Tevez)? We have seen half of his goal against few teams (11 goals in three teams), he wasn't consistent through out the season against the other clubs! For me this is not excellent! And also he scored most of his goals against the weaker teams!
I still think that he would have been a better player if he was still in Tottenham!1
Rudd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Man, you must really hate Berbatov...
Somere (Portmore Utd) 2 years ago
SMH.... Just can't give the guy a break
If you think about it, the length of a "break" he's been given is probably one of the reasons why he's leaving...
TheCheshireCat (Manchester United) 2 years ago
How anybody can hate Berba is beyond me. Sure, I was livid when he missed those 2 sitters against City in the FA Cup semi-final's last season, but I think he's done decently enough at Manchester United.
Don't think his price tag was justified, but look at Tottenham. They sell all of their 'better' players for ridiculous amounts.
They charged us what, 25 million for Carrick?
They won't let go of Bale without 40-50 million, and the asking price for Modric is around 40 million as well?
That's by no means Berba's fault, he was always a 25 million striker at most at Tottenham, but regardless, a talented and great footballer none the less
Why don't we have a thumbs up option for forum comments?
I don't hate Berbatov at all! I think he is among the many best players, his calmness when ever he got the ball, his skill, his goals, his touch and everything is superb! I think I used to admire him so much when he was at Tottenham and when he came to man utd, I think I expected so much from him! That's why! Lot and lot of respect!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football